28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: many Hurricanes
Not Ranked     

Thanks Bill! I think your area would be a good place for manufacturing. This economy is holding me back also. I've had up to 6 Hurricanes at once in the shop but now just have the last one and 2 slightly used Cobras. I've heard from other manufacturers that about 6 more companies are ready to fold. Our choices are going to be limited in the near future and "supply and demand" could cause the Cobra prices to soar. Those that own a Hurricane will soon realize that theirs is going up in value. Also Bill, did you list your car on the new Hurricane Registry? I still need to file the info on the ones we built. Take care, Bonnie
Old 03-07-2009, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

While i am sure that some owners want the values to go up like you said, I personally hope that does not happen, at least until after I get the money together for one.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Hi Bonnie, I hope your correct with regards to the values going up in the future..but who knows what is going to happen in this new uncharted economy. If someone has the money there will be a lot of good deals out there and opportunity is the life blood of our country. Not to worry, the good ones will withstand the storm and the not so good will fade away. Hope the Hurricane will not fade away..if it does..maybe it will come back as a Perfect Storm/Hurricane.
Ya, I registered with the new web site, just incaase the hurricane Factory site goes away.

Best to you and your continued success, Bill

PS, Yes Havasu would be a good place to build these cars, plenty of establish fiberglass facilities, engine builders, knowledge and skill people. All that is needed is money!
Old 03-07-2009, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane 1075
Not Ranked     

Unlike the waiting to know if and when they would start selling new kits

The staus of the sale of assets will be updated on a regular basis by our friends down in texas

Bobby
Old 03-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wicked View Post
While i am sure that some owners want the values to go up like you said, I personally hope that does not happen, at least until after I get the money together for one.
I never looked at my ERA as an "investment," in the classic sense of the term. However, my ERA has held more of its value over the last year than anything else I own. Had I purchased ERAs instead of bonds or equities, I would be in a better position -- and Peter & Bob's commission is less than a typical broker.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You're correct! I recently read an article that showed Classic cars and Hot Rods was the best investment with the highest appreciation during the last 15 years. I believe they calculated it at around 18% a year. So dump your stock and bank CD's and lets keep this Cobra party going. At least with our investment we can have fun with them and admire their beauty at any time. When I look at my real estate comps or stock portfolio, I feel like vomiting. I think I want to stick with Cobras. Thanks to those that sent me personal e-mails to encourage my thoughts of becoming a manufacturer.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bess View Post
Go Bonnie! Keep punchin away at this thing...maybe you will be the big winner down the road.

Anyway, I appreciate your enthusiasm and the will to build a really solid little car.
Best Wishes, Bill

Mr. Bess, you have a private message..
Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I never looked at my ERA as an "investment," in the classic sense of the term. However, my ERA has held more of its value over the last year than anything else I own. Had I purchased ERAs instead of bonds or equities, I would be in a better position -- and Peter & Bob's commission is less than a typical broker.
One day. I made a personal commitment that i will not put any money towards one until all my current credit cards and store credit is at $0. Also one of my 2 car payments must be gone. When I get there, I will have "earned it". Then I get to play. Right now that is looking like sometime next year. Then a period of saving money to get the car
Old 03-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wicked View Post
One day. I made a personal commitment that i will not put any money towards one until all my current credit cards and store credit is at $0. Also one of my 2 car payments must be gone. When I get there, I will have "earned it". Then I get to play. Right now that is looking like sometime next year. Then a period of saving money to get the car
These are just toys. Expensive toys; but toys nonetheless. Others will differ, but I don't believe you should pi$$ your money away on a Cobra until you are in a position where you could have taken that money and thrown it away instead and still not suffer any real ill-effects.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

NEVER...EVER...put yourself over the top to own a toy of any type or play the stock market. I just enjoy the Cobra owners that I've met and think they're a great bunch of guys that have fun with their cars and bond with other owners. In general all the guys with Hot Rods and classics seem to be a good group of people. If I were married I'd rather my husband spent his extra time and money on a car instead of another woman. If any of you ever need me to talk to your wives, just let me know. lol
Old 03-08-2009, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Rich, Harley's and Chevelles are always allowed in Havasu.

I'll E-mail you, Bill
Old 03-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

My two cents.....look at a kit as a total loss of value, no possible return on your investment...and then evaluate your finacial situation and see if you can afford it. Some us build them so personal there isn't much resale value or it would be tough to find a like minded individual. Never ever buy one on credit. If something happens to you and the kit isn't done, tough to sell, if you smash it up, some parts have to be custom made, insurance might not cover all....if you are still in doubt, call Suze Orman....approved or denied....people first as she is found of saying.
A lot of folks here were over 45 when they got into Cobra's or kits, I waited for years before I thought I could afford one and my chance of re-sale is slim to nothing. Had to be disposable cash. I am fortunate to be able to do that even now. There are a lot of cars for sale now as things turn from bad to worse...

Last edited by fastraxsg; 03-08-2009 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: usual spellling, opps, spelin, ah spellllilng mistakess
Old 03-10-2009, 11:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraxsg View Post
My two cents.....look at a kit as a total loss of value, no possible return on your investment
Hold your horses on that ROI statement. We broke my side oiler in today and ran her on the dyno. As Pete Townsend said, "She's a beauty." So she comes home tomorrow and we'll get her married to the Hurricane this weekend. So I have more faith in her increasing in value in the next year than I do my 401K, which is now a 201K.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Wasn't meaning that your car had no value, was for guys looking to buy one now, if you can't afford to lose the money, now isn't a good time to buy. I sure hope yours goes up in value.....HM1081 doesn't want to have traveled this far for nothing...fuzzy
Old 03-11-2009, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraxsg View Post
Wasn't meaning that your car had no value, was for guys looking to buy one now, if you can't afford to lose the money, now isn't a good time to buy. I sure hope yours goes up in value.....HM1081 doesn't want to have traveled this far for nothing...fuzzy
Oh, I absolutely agree with you that people need to buy these cars with disposable income and with a view to losing it all. I was just excited that my engine came alive yesterday and figure it may wind up being worth more than the car.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Hurricane

I really don't care what the value of my car is worth. I just plan to get in and drive heck out of it. I figure a smile on my face considering all the crap going on in this country is well worth the cost of my car.

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In my opinion....the Cobras are holding their value better than most new cars. And now with some of the manufacturers closing up shop, in about another year you won't see any inventory sitting around like you do right now. Anyone that has to finance a toy may be asking for trouble. But if you can afford toys, a Cobra can be a good one.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well stated Gregg! It's the best therapy I know of. Cobra owners just want to have fun. I think we've all worked most of our lives to enjoy a special treat for ourselves before we go 6' under. Most Cobra owners are at the age where they've raised their family and now have time for themselves. You've entered a whole new world when you own a Cobra. I don't recall any station wagon forums or minivan cruises! lol The bottom line is just do what makes you happy while you're still able to do it.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

When I go 6' under, I'm taking my car with me!
Larry
Old 03-11-2009, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
When I go 6' under, I'm taking my car with me!
Larry
I remember a while back somebody rich or a queen or dutchess or something did that with her ferrari. Wanted to be buried in the car sitting behind the wheel. She got her wish. Not sure if it was in this country though.