17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     
Smile Rainy Day Fun

I got about 10 blocks from home when all of the water started to flood the streets and all hell broke loose. Had a mini-van in front parting the sea. Water in one pool was at the door sill and spraying out like a power boat. My legs were wet, my feet soaked, I was wipping off the inside of the windshield with my right hand, feathering the clutch, goosing the accelerator, holding my breath, steering through a tributary of the East Fork of the Trinity, and made it home with the little six banger firing on maybe three.

The Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 was 1st in Class and totally drenched. Congtratulations to Richard, Best Cobra; John, Class Trophy Winner, Gary Class Trophy Winner, Steve, hehehe 2nd Place with his real race GT 350 ( 2 rivit missing clone).

We had a blast and we wish more could have supported a worthy charity and another great AER Show.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM1035 with 521ci, 612fwhp
Send a message via AIM to PARKERPOWER
Not Ranked     

Well I didn't leave at 2:30 with everyone else and I guess a good thing too.
About 3:00-3:15 the wind picked up and the flood started. The over hang we parked under wasn't helping much now. Have you ever done the one man car cover thing in 35mph wind and a monsoon. Interesting.
Once I got the car cover on I noticed three holes about 3" in diameter, one on the hood, one between the seats, and one on the trunk perfectly spaced and right down the middle. Great!!@#%

Finally about 4:00 I saw my opening, just sprinkling and clear skys off to the north, but man there was still a lot of water on Beltline that had not drained off. Made it to 35 and you look up and all you see is a big wall of mist from all the vehicles.

I'm up on 35 now and I think all the 18 wheelers are on their radio talking to each other. " Look at this IDIOT in a car with no top let's see if we can pass him on both sides" They had me speeding up, slowing down, changing lanes all the way to Highland Village. I thought I was in a pin ball machine.
I did make it to the house before the next round of storms. Maybe if there is rain in the forecast this coming weekend we could make a run to Texoma or Paris.

I found the mystery of the three holes in my cover. The cover fell up against the exposed brake light in the trunk and it melted the holes in it.
My cover is made of material like a parachute. Anybody know of some patches I could sew on there that look like a snake or a pissed off rabbit or is that pissed on.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Wow, guys, I wish I could have made it, but it was just not possible this time.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:22 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

John,
any videos of all the excitement.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL - TK0600, Electromotive EFI, Keith Craft 408W "standard crate", ~575hp
Send a message via MSN to Texas-Saluki Send a message via Skype™ to Texas-Saluki
Not Ranked     

Andrew's baseball game was canceled because of the hysteria of the flu... and I thought hey maybe I should go to the meeting... seems it was good I did not as my backyard was a lake a few times during the day and can only imagine what the roads were like.

Seem the brave had fun... was John there? Seems he is used to getting the car wet... why stop now
http://www.thenolands.com

www.txcobraclub.com
Old 05-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Seem the brave had fun... was John there? Seems he is used to getting the car wet... why stop now
I am convinced that I am the reason it rained.

Quote:
John,
any videos of all the excitement.
Video camera is broken. Must have gotten wet at some point, go figure
Old 05-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And the winners are:

[IMG][/IMG]

Two trophys (Grandchildren) Jean and Suzy...Hanging out in the little back seats.

Congratulations to all!

Last edited by LREYBURN; 05-08-2009 at 04:36 PM..
Old 05-06-2009, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

thanks for posting Larry but my guess is that Jackie took the pictures?

See you all soon I hope!

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Assume = Ass/u/me

Clois...See you in June at Mid-America Ford/Shelby Meet. Jackie is bringing several dozen chocolate chip cookies (The Preffered Snack of Road Racers). Looking forward to seeing you also.

Your assunption regarding the photgrapher...I'm bringing my Nikons with the SLR and Focal Plain Shutters to take pic.s of your sorry buns at speed. Love ya.

Oh, by the way...Hows your alternator?????

Last edited by LREYBURN; 05-08-2009 at 04:33 PM..