17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-24-2010, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, Donovan aluminum BB
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for good shop for repair work

To all who live in Eastern Pa, Delaware and NJ, I am looking for a good repair shop who cares about the cars they work on like if they were there own. I live in Jennersville, PA which is in SE Chester County. I am somewhat anal about my cars, no I admit I am very anal, so they have to be concerned over more than just what needs to be repaired. For example I took my car in to have a diagnosis done since I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Well long story short I got it back 8 days later with a 2 chips in the paint under the hood where the air cleaner nut is plus A LOT of fine scratches on the fender where they obviously didn't have a fender protector. I like my car returned to me the way it went in. Obviously the closer the better. Thanks for any responses.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I hope you find the right people for the work, it's tough. I don't think your basic requirement of getting the car back the way it went in is anal at all. I too have had that problem. While my car is far from perfect I don't need somebody else making it worse!

Most recently that was a detail shop I tried here locally. Wash, wax, special attention. My license plate was slightly bent, there were subtle swirl marks here and there. It's a freakin' DETAIL shop, man, you would think at least THEY could get it right.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Ernie, I hope they didn't need to use your holes in the floor pan feature!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfangs View Post
To all who live in Eastern Pa, Delaware and NJ, I am looking for a good repair shop who cares about the cars they work on like if they were there own. I live in Jennersville, PA which is in SE Chester County. I am somewhat anal about my cars, no I admit I am very anal, so they have to be concerned over more than just what needs to be repaired. For example I took my car in to have a diagnosis done since I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Well long story short I got it back 8 days later with a 2 chips in the paint under the hood where the air cleaner nut is plus A LOT of fine scratches on the fender where they obviously didn't have a fender protector. I like my car returned to me the way it went in. Obviously the closer the better. Thanks for any responses.
is there something specific you need done or is this just in general for future needs?
i will work on other guys cars but i'm selective on what i am willing to do.
i used to maintain the car i now own for the previous owner. and i am rather anal with my work. for instance, fenders get covered with thick flannel sheets before i lay a fender cover on top, carefulness takes a bit longer but it is whats required. also have full machine shop on premises.

fred
Old 05-24-2010, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default call Tony

Tony Van Reymerdal has a shop in West Chester,Pa and has built a dozen Cobras...he has a A&C with a 514ci in it and has been a hudge help to me and he's reasonable...
His # is 610-431-1159 his shop is at his house...
Jon
Old 05-24-2010, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

FWB, for now it is just a general question.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the information everyone. Don't know everyones specialty if they have any but I could use help in 2 areas, engine and as stated above paint issues.