28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, check this out. I know we were talking about having people who are staying overnight, and/or looking for things to do after we have the show/picnic. I did find out there is an autox test and tune on Sunday about an hour away, but take a look at this....

http://www.nmraracing.com/2004/event4/info/default.htm

The Ford Motorsport Nationals are that weekend in Maple Grove raceway!!! www.maplegroveraceway.com It's only about a 90 minute drive from the site of our Cobra show. How about doing our own show at Washingtons' Crossing and heading out there either Saturday night (we could still cruise New Hope first) or Sunday to join the events at the Ford show? I'm sure they'd LOVE to have us. That looks like fun.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Talking Way to go, FlowerPotFish!!

....for finding that nifty run! How could we not go when it's in our Revolution backyard??

Way to hang, KF!

Old 02-19-2004, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Sounds Good

Now that sounds good. Maybe a Saturday night stay over near Washington Crossing then a Sunday breakfast and on to the raceway.

I'm interested.

Tony
Old 02-21-2004, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC with 428 PI
Not Ranked     

Just for the record, the Red Roof Inn in Lawenceville is located on Route 1 near 295 intersection. I would not recommend this location for someone leaving a nice Cobra outside, plus this location is surrounded with malls and you know the kind of drivers malls attract.
The best thing about the Route 1 location is the New York Deli, they have some of the best corned beef an pastrami sandwiches in NJ is a little north of the hotel.
Flemington may be nicer but theirs not much around the Hampton Inn.

Mike

It's just easier this way.

Last edited by ERA649; 02-21-2004 at 10:14 AM..
Old 02-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,
Thanks. We've scratched that off our list and are looking for better lodging. It sucks. There are tons of great places around Washingtons' Crossing, they just get pricey in the summer.

Everyone, I've been playing e-mail tag with the car show director of the Ford Motorsports Nationals at Maple Grove. From their description, they have a 600+ car show, a huge swap meet, Ford everything. But I think if you're interested, and our cars pass tech, we can actually run our cars down the track. I know I'll make one pass with it!! What better place? Legal, sanctioned, well organized. Just hope I don't make a fool out of myself. But I'm still waiting to find out for sure if we can actually do that.

Steve

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 302
Not Ranked     

How about looking for hotels near Maple Grove? That may be an option and maybe they will be less expensive than the new hope area. If the rates are cheaper it would be great to pull in with all the cobras early in the morning. Nothing like the sound of a clan of cobras waking you up in the morning...
Old 02-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That is definitely an option. I have been considering that. I just wish I had a better idea of how many people were going to stay overnight. I know there are several, so we should probably find a nice sized hotel.

I'm also going to find out more about the Ford Motorsports Nationals to find out when they are and when we plan to go there. If we're going to hit it Saturday night or Sunday. Also still trying to figure out if they are going to let us run our cars on the track if we want to.

Steve

Old 02-29-2004, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default HeadCount

Hey Guys,

How about a head count of who is interested in staying overnight Sat to Sun?

Steve,

If you'd like anyone staying over can PM or E-mail me and I'll get the tally for you.

Tony
Old 02-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony,
I wish I knew how many people planned to stay over. My guess is that people will decide that a little later, as we get closer to the event. It'll also probably depend on what we have planned, so I'm still working on that.

Steve

Old 02-29-2004, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roscoe are you going? If you are will you be staying over into Sunday?? My wife and I are looking for a place to stay and was wondering if you were going too. Email me or post on here.
Thanks
Felix

By the way Ihave checked the internet and all thehotels are expensive. the only place that may be good to check is with Priceline, but you need to enter your credit card in for them to search. I stopped there just in case there were not many people staying over I dont want to be the only one.

I am really looking forward to this gathering, my wifes B-day is June 4th and she is also excited to go. Hopefully we get a good turnout. Well guys let me know if you guys find any thing cheaper and how many people are going to stay over, I definitley do. You have 2 people that want to stay over so if a group discount is possible please let me know.
Thanks guys
Felix
Old 03-01-2004, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Staying Over

Felix,

I think there's good reason to know how many will be staying over. First of all, if there are enough of us we can try to get a group discount at one of the hotels. Secondly, if there are many staying over, it would be great that we're all together and not spread out at different hotels.

My wife and I will definitely be staying over Sat into Sun. We haven't booked a hotel yet as we're waiting to hear from others who plan on staying over.

As I told Klayfish, I'd be willing to maintain a tally of those planning on staying over, as long as they e-mail or PM me. Once we have a few, we can start looking for a hotel and decent price.

Tony
Old 03-01-2004, 04:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My wife and I went out to dinner on Saturday night, after going to the AC classic car auction, and talked about exactly this.

We know we need to get the hotel list out ASAP. But we were trying to decide where we want to recommend hotels. It will really depend on what we are planning to do. i.e. whether we want to hit the Ford Motorsports Nationals on Saturday afternoon/evening, or Sunday. Here's the deal...

Maple Grove Raceway and Washingtons' Crossing Park are about 75-90 minutes apart. The hotels in Washingtons Crossing area, as noted above, are fairly expensive. I'm sure there are safe and cheap hotels in the Maple Grove area. But if we plan to do Maple Grove on Saturday, and something else on Sunday, then going to Maple Grove for a hotel doesn't make much sense. But if we hit Maple Grove on Sunday....

My instinct right now is to hang around the Washingtons' Crossing area Saturday and hit Maple Grove on Sunday. I have a list of hotels in the Washingtons' Crossing area, supplied to me by a fellow Cobra friend. Let me get that posted in the next day or two, and start searching for Maple Grove area hotels too.

Steve

Old 03-23-2004, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any news on how many people are staying over?

Klayfish, my form will be in the mail soon.
Thanks for all the work you did and are doing to put this together.
Also thanks to all the individuals that helped him too.

Felix
Old 04-14-2004, 04:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just wanted to bring this back to the top. So far, I think we have about 20 people registered, maybe more. All are joining us for the cruise, many are not sure about dinner or Sunday. We're actually ahead of the pace from registration last year. Most people signed up in the last month or so. So I'm still very hopefull that we'll reach 50 Cobras and 100 people. The registration is HERE

The folks at Maple Grove have said they will give us our own section to park on Sunday, and we'll be right up front. I'm still waiting to hear back on another possible development.

The cruise route is now finalized too. Thanks to some local friends who used it as an excuse to head out and "test" drive the route.

Hope for weather like this weekends prediction. I want to get out so bad this weekend, but with a 3 week old......

Steve

Last edited by klayfish; 04-14-2004 at 04:40 AM..
Old 05-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Steve-
I'll be sending in my registration form tomorrow, but I'm not certain if I'll be able to make it. I should have a 3 week old by then too, so I have to see how things are going.

Thanks for setting this up.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 05-06-2004, 04:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hotels

Hey Guys,

What's the story on staying over? Who has decided to stay over, Saturday to Sunday?

Let's see if we can get a group together so we can all stay at the same place. I know Klay had previously mentioned a few hotels in the King of Prussia/Valley Forge area.

If you guys give me a head count, I'll reach out to the hotels and try to find us a deal. I had previously spoken with a guy at one of the hotels in the Valley Forge area, I believe it was a Comfort Inn and the price was reasonable, and the guys said that if we have a group he would knock a dime off the price. I believe it was $79.00, but as a group it would be $69.00.

Let me know who's staying.

Tony
Old 05-06-2004, 04:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick,
Well an early congratulations!! Is this going to be your first? My son is 6 weeks old today, so I know exactly what it will be like. But if the weather is good, and you can make it, great. Do what's best for the baby. Cobras are always good for children. Gotta start them young.

Tony,
I'll have to have my wife check the registration list at home. We've got a few people staying overnight. Most are locals, but I'm still not sure if any groups from Ohio, or north NY or DC are heading up. The hotel list is on the registration form (see my signature line if you need a copy of it) . If the hotels don't work out, I know some folks who are planning to camp out in the ravine next to my house.

See you guys soon!!

Steve

Old 06-09-2004, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to BostonianNU
Not Ranked     
Default Pictures From Cobra Revolution

Pictured from the Cobra Revolution meet 6-8-04.

http://stoked.cc/cobra/cobra.htmhttp://stoked.cc/cobra/cobra.htm

http://stoked.cc/cobra/cobra.htm