10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Cobra Revolution V - June 2nd, 2007!!!

Hello everyone, I know it's been a very long time since I posted here. Since I sold the Cobra last year, my life has been a whole lot different. I've gone through several different "toys" trying to find something to make me happy. Viper, Corvette, now on my 2nd Mustang GT. I will go back to the Cobra one day when my life situation is right, but right now working the hours I do (in an inner city where I park in a public garage) and my busy weekends just don't make sense to have a Cobra. Plus in addition, in case you guys didn't know, my wife is pregnant with twins!!! So we're thrilled to death, but my oh my how things are going to change. I'm going to have 3 kids in daycare, so that's why I've gone the Mustang GT route....much cheaper. My budget is now quite small.

Anyhow, enough about me. I wanted everyone to know that the Cobra Revolution is still carrying on. We have all the plans and reservations for Saturday, June 2nd in Washington's Crossing Park. This year, NO RAIN!!!! For those that haven't attended before, the Revolution is, by design, a relaxed and simple Cobra-centric gathering. We generally draw around 40 Cobras + or - a few. It's a few hours in the park, with a catered BBQ lunch, followed by a nice cruise through some winding country roads. It's hosted by the MidAtlanticCobra Club. We do our best to make it fun for everyone yet still keep it all about food, fun, family and Cobras. Nothing fancy, just great cars and great friends.

It's been so long since I posted here, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post about this in the main Cobra forum. If I am, let me know or help me out. The more people we can draw to the event, the better. If you have suggestions for things you'd like to do at the event, please let us know. We're always open to suggestions!

So the registration is http://www.midatlanticcobras.com/php...opic.php?t=590

Hope to see you all there!!

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Planning to be there again. Great event! Hopefully our new equipment is in place to have a bigger presence this year.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     

planning on being there...that will make three Cobra weekends ina row...might become habit forming. Why worry about rain...right now the issue is freezing!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Series 1 CSX5098 (w/ supercharger) & Diasio D962R Turbo race car
Not Ranked     

Hoping this year at least 6-8 of us Cobra owners from the Morristown area will be attending. As in the years past we usually meet in Morristown on South Street and drive down together. Last year we were only able to muster up 3 of us due to schedule conflicts. Figure we can all talk about it at the next breakfast in Chester scheduled for May. So who is planning on attending this year????

Jim
Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

How far is this from Flemington NJ?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

My car is currently apart for repairs/improvements, so I won't be driving. I may try to hitch a ride with JWheaton if he is going down

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 04-28-2007, 03:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Series 1 CSX5098 (w/ supercharger) & Diasio D962R Turbo race car
Not Ranked     

True007 - The CR location is about 15 minutes from Flemington, NJ. We actually pass thru Flemington on our way down from Morristown.

Chaplin - You still have over a month before the event. Be optimistic.

Jim
Old 04-28-2007, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     

Guys, I'm game, but I can't find the thread for the location. As I'm coming up/over/down from the Sandy Hook a destination would be nice. See you at the May breakfast in Chester.Jim
Old 04-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamvan

Chaplin - You still have over a month before the event. Be optimistic.

Jim
Jim-
It would take a miracle of the magnatude of the Immaculate Conception for the car to be back together by then

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 04-28-2007, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     

JBo, the location is the Washington's Crossing State Park on the Pennsy side of the river.....literally right on the river. The bridge at Washington's Crossing, NJ will drop you right into the park - that bridge intersects Rt. 29 as it runs up along the river.

If you ran 195 across the state, pick up 295/95 around Trenton, past Rt. 1, right on down to the river and Rt. 29 North. Go about, oh, maybe 2 or 3 miles and you're right at the bridge. Word Of Caution; the Washington's Crossing Bridge is so narrow it makes Twiggy look wide. They've banned SUV's on it, tho, so passage these days is better.

There are a bunch of ways you can come, all good, some much better, but it will be a fine day no matter which way you come.

(p.s. - the registration form is at the first post)

Last edited by turnpike boy; 04-28-2007 at 02:27 PM..
Old 04-28-2007, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin
Jim-
It would take a miracle of the magnatude of the Immaculate Conception for the car to be back together by then
Was in the same boat last year, Chapster, right up to the day before. Hang tuff, you just might be surprised and make it with the Green Machine still.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chaplin:

Must be pretty serious if the car will be done for that length of time. Hopefully it is still in one piece. Your ERA is one of my favorite cars - and the color has nothing to do with it. If you need any help, just let me know (I work cheap). Also my lift and enclosed trailer is always available.

Jim
Old 04-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim
Thanks for the compliment, and the offer of help, I very well may take you up on that when the time comes! But the problem- and the reason it likely won't be back together in time- is because it is not in one piece- it is in several pieces: the engine is out, trans is out, new custom ground cam on order, new sidepipes being made up, etc., etc, etc. I was hoping to get everything back before Memorial Day so I could use the long weekend to put it back together, but it is not looking good for getting all the parts back in time. We'll see . . .

TPB can't wait to see you

Old 04-30-2007, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #361, Roush 342R, '71 'seasoned' block
Not Ranked     

Glad someone mentioned that it is the Washington's Crossing State Park on the Pennsy side of the river because there is one on the NJ side also. Oops. I plan on attending and might have felt really left out when I showed up at the Jersey park and saw no one. (This will be the first one I attended.)
Keep me in the loop for the group riding in from Morristown since I live in N. NJ and will be coming down 287 anyway.
Thanks,,
Joe
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Joe K

We usually meet in Morristown at the intersection of South Street and Rt124 - behind the Chase Bank about 1-1 1/2 hours before the event and all drive down together. Route usually is 287 south to 202 south to 31 south then into Lambertsville over the bridge and travel south thru New Hope, PA. Park is about 4 miles south.

Will usually start posting here about a week in advance and determine how many are coming. We also usually pick up another 1 or 2 in Somerville area on the way.

Keep checking the site - hopefully we can get 6 - 8 cars meeting in Morristown.

Jim
Old 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC with 428 PI
Not Ranked     

Pick a meeting spot and I will meet the Morristown Crew.

It's just easier this way.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike

Figure we will pick you up along the way on rt202. Sorry about us blowing by you last year - I promise it will not happen again this year. Pick a visual spot that we can see along 202 (west bound lanes).

Jim
Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Looking forward to seeing all of you guys there!

Maybe I can convince someone to let me have a ride in a Cobra, since it's now been almost exactly one year since my last Cobra ride. I feel like I should be at an AA meeting "Hi...my name is Steve...it's been one year since my last ride". Well, at least I'll have my supercharged '98 Mustang GT with me. Maybe I can keep up with you guys from 0-10mph.....

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

It is my intention to attend.

Jim V. -- Chappy's car is totaled. I mean seriously totaled. I helped take it apart and I know I bent somethings that Chappy has not even seen yet.

I will drag Chappy with me if his car remains totaled. He does need good help. The bad help has partially put him in his current bind.

Can we take the roads that Mike took us on going down to Rev III 2 years ago (not the ones coming home).

Wheatie
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wheatie

Figure you guys can meet up with us in Morristown and head down 287 with us.

Was not aware that Chappy's car was totaled, sorry to hear that. Thought he was just doing an engine upgrade. you should let us know who did the "bad help" so we don't make the same mistakes in the future.

Jim