28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out and supported the event. Even though the sun was blazing, it was a beautiful day and I'm really glad that we had a great turn out. We had over 50 cars come in and out during the day.

The team at Vintage Motorsports is an absolute world class operation and we are incredibly appreciative of their support. Thanks guys for all that you've done to help us. As we talked about Jay, if you guys want to plan an event, or put something together in the fall, please don't hesitate to let me know. Kara and I would be happy to help out any way we can.

We had an incredible variety of cars, which I just love to see. The Revolution has really taken on a life of it's own, and I hope it always remains true to it's roots. Fun, simple, affordable, and relaxed. We're open to anyone's suggestions for next year.

Thanks again to everyone and we look forward to seeing you again next year!!

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Thanks Steve for organizing the event.

I had a funny thing happen on the way home from the Revolution.
When I drove up to the toll booth, two lanes over was a car carrier full of Lexus's. The lane between us was closed and I heard the chirp chirp chirp at first and didn't think anything of it but when I pulled forward to the booth all the alarms on the cars started going off.
The lady in the booth laughed as she knew my car had just set them off.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Whose car is this, and what color green is it?

Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

I believe that is ERA 555, which was on display at Carlisle a few years ago. Absolutely beautiful car and great color. I talked to the owner a few years ago and got the paint code from the builder- I have it written down somewhere. If I remember correctly, it is a 3-stage candy color from House of Kolors. If the owner doesn't chime in with the exact color, I will see if I can dig it up. That car was the reason I bought an ERA, although I finally went with a slightly different green- my painter talked me out of the candy paint job- told me it would be too expensive and difficult to touch up if anything ever happened to it, but I still love it.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Thanks. I have a thing for green cars at the moment. I did not get up close to this car, but from across the row it was a standout. If it is a HoK paint I would not want to go that route either.

What color did you go with, another stunner.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, mine is actually a factory 2000/2001 Corvette color. Depending on the light it can look black, green or green with a hint of gold metallic.

Edit- I think I may have given you completely faulty information. I think the car you posted in a different car than I thought it was. Whoops, sorry about that. Here is a pic of ERA 555 in my gallery that I took at Carlisle a few years ago. I thought it was the same car, but it is not- different intakes, no rivots on te hood and the grill splitter is different. My bad!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

Last edited by Chaplin; 06-09-2008 at 07:12 PM..
Old 06-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Mike's answer might seem sacriligous to some of the purists around here.

Steve - great event. Thanks for all the organizing that you do for us. Glad you had burgers instead of pizza. The pizza oils would not have worked well on our sytems in such heat.

Jay - Thanks for all the raffle items. I didn't get any, but that don't matter since I have a big block anyway. Seriously, it was an extremely generous showing on your part.

Rick L. - Thanks for the education. It is not often that someone will spend that much time explaining in detail the inner workings of what makes our cars go. I am better for it -- thanks.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWheaton View Post
Mike's answer might seem sacriligous to some of the purists around here.
True, I guess Ferrari red would have been a better choice.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin View Post
True, I guess Ferrari red would have been a better choice.
How much do you think it would cost to repaint yours a correct color? Don't forget to add the wife gift in the price.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Mike is the boss in the house

JWheaton J, Mike is the king of the castle just like most men. If he want the car a new color, he will sent it to Tony. NO FEAR. He will just have to work a little overtime for the next 6 months. This will cover the family cruise. And when they get back, a couple of the rooms need to be repainted, kitchen needs a little work, kids need new furniture, soccer van for mom, and cutting the grass. He still gets to wear his crown and get the car painted. Rick L
Old 06-10-2008, 03:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin View Post
Thanks, mine is actually a factory 2000/2001 Corvette color. Depending on the light it can look black, green or green with a hint of gold metallic.

Edit- I think I may have given you completely faulty information. I think the car you posted in a different car than I thought it was. Whoops, sorry about that. Here is a pic of ERA 555 in my gallery that I took at Carlisle a few years ago. I thought it was the same car, but it is not- different intakes, no rivots on te hood and the grill splitter is different. My bad!

Mike, That is the same car I lusted after at Carlilse. The owners were very nice. In my conversation with him, he didn't seem like he was going to be driving it much.
That paint was gorgeous!

You guys should have painted your cars like mine. All these different shades of color sound so feminine.

Last edited by Naumoff; 06-10-2008 at 04:49 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Series 1 CSX5098 (w/ supercharger) & Diasio D962R Turbo race car
Not Ranked     
Default Missed CR VI

Guys, sorry for not attending this year. Was down in FL for a race event. from what I understand it was cooler in FL than in NJ over the weekend. Was hoping to bring CSX5098 out for the event. You know me, I like to mix it up every year and the a/c would of come in handy as well.

Look forward to seeing everybody at the next event or breakfast.

Jim
Old 06-10-2008, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default NJ Motorsport Park

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/index.html

OK, I may be WAY behind the eight ball on this one, but does anyone know about the new track being built in NJ? It's looking pretty nice...

I'm in central/northern Jersey, so it's going to be about 2 hours away in Millville, NJ (good excuse for a 2+ hour drive).

I've contacted them regarding membership information.

Are there other tracks that would be closer to me? I'm a newbie to this so forgive my cluelessness...

-Matt
Old 06-10-2008, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC with 428 PI
Not Ranked     

The other tracks that are close are Pocono and Lime Rock, the best track is Watkin Glen but that's 4 hours away. You don't have become a member to drive on the tracks. A number of clubs and schools have track events like http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/
check the track sites and will see who's running there. SCAA is also have and event in August at NJMSP.

It's just easier this way.