28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

202 will work. I think JWheaton will be driving down with me as well. We could meet at the Chili's on 202. I'm not sure yet what time we'll be ready to head out though.
Wheatie, what time will you be ready to leave my house?

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 06-06-2008, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 #708, 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Joe K,

I'll look for you at New Orleans Steak House about 8:30am. Just need to buy gas somewhere along the way. Than on to Morristown and Rt 202 assuming others chime in????

CB
Old 06-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

CB, Joe,

I'll meet you at the bank at 9:00 am.

Chaplin is going to meet us on rt 202.

If anyone else is coming down 202 and wants to meet up we will be stopping at the first office building going south past the intersection of 1st Ave and 202. It is about a mile south after the 202/206/287 interchange (sorry - don't know the name of the building -google maps satelite decision )

We should be on rt 202 around between 9:20 and 9:30.

This will get us to Washington Crossing Park between 10:15 and 10:30.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default where in the park?

I am making every effort to be there (not yet an owner, but looking forward to it)...

Does anyone know what part of the park the get together is in? I have never been there before and would hate to drive around for 30 minutes looking for where everyone is.

I suppose I could just listen for the gentle roar of the snakes, but I would guess they'll be coming from every direction so that might get confusing.

-Matt
Old 06-07-2008, 03:56 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Matt,
When you pull in you will not miss it. We gather right near the front of the park and it is a relatively small place.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:00 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

See you all in 3 hours. Hitting the road now.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:39 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Steve,

Great time had by all...........Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication in making this happen......

Also thanks goes out to Jay from Vintage Motorsports for his generous donation towards the raffle give-a-ways.........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-07-2008, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 #708, 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Steve and everyone else who contributed towards this year's event, I wish to thank you for yet another great time. I enjoyed seeing everyone. Finally a year when rain wasn't a factor!

Maybe we should plan an event in the fall at the end of the season. Once a year isn't enough!

Thanks again!

Chris
Old 06-07-2008, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmax View Post
Maybe we should plan an event in the fall at the end of the season. Once a year isn't enough!

Chris
I'm for this - just can't spend enough time BS'ing with the folks that I truly enjoy seeing, and see only once a year. Plus, the fall is generally more merciful on us, weather-wise. Hard to believe how much the heat saps the life outta you.....outta me, anyway.

I submit that a run to -?- someplace north-cental Jersey would make it simpler for all the Northern klan. The upcoming SAAC convention down in Vineland in August should go on calendars for all the Southern family.

What say you all? Anyplace in Millburn or Short Hills or outside of Morristown that's useable? Rich Gelinas' Covered Bridge Tour is great, and helps to feed the need, but some spot a hair farther north might help gather the upper end of the states.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC with 428 PI
Not Ranked     

Another great CR, it finally rain was not a factor, it was a little warm but all in all a great day.
On the way home my kept complaining " it's hot in here, I just keep feeling heat coming from my feet and slow down". Arguing with your wife never pays off, so I slowed down and when I got home I checked the heater and yes it was on ( I have a valve to shut it off) nothing like a good heater on a 95 degree day.

It's just easier this way.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#436 - 351W - 450HP / 429TQ
Not Ranked     

Thanks Steve, Jay/Brian @ Vintage & everyone else that helped make today happen...great event!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Awesome & Awesome !!!

I want to thank everyone involved in putting this together and everyone who drove the distance to show their cars. The Daytona and GT40 where an extra treat!

As someone looking into a purchase, I gained an incredible amount by seeing the different manufacturers and speaking with some great people. The differences are dramatic. I can't say one is better then another cosmetically; although some are clearly more "authentic" to the original...

If someone tells me how, I'd be glad to post the photos I took while I was there.

Again, thanks to all!

-Matt
Old 06-08-2008, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Great event. Good to put some faces to names.
Nice trip home. Ran into some traffic before Delaware on I-95.

Made it home by 5:30. Four hour trip. Hot, humid and sunny.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

What heat?

Good seeing everyone.

Mike - Thanks for the route back to 202. Very nice. Why can't towns down there afford 2 lane bridges?

Joe - I'll send you a PM about Blockers. Might need an expensive gift or divorce lawyer (more expensive). I'll test the waters in a couple of days.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Great job done by Klayfish and Turnpike Boy

Great day for the event. It was still nice under the trees with the breeze. Good to see the old crew and meet some new people. Some new cars came for the first time. The Coupe and the FIA blue car where new. Food was great. I understand that we had 51-52 cars. That makes that event really nice. I missed Matt some where, next year name tags for the new guys. Hope you got alot of info on the cars and evryone was helpful. Tony drive 4 hours to the event and gets the long driver and a set of ear plugs. Looking forward to the next event. Know some other cobra owners, will try and get to 60. I will register for the next one. Thanks Again. Rick Lake
Old 06-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Thanks again to everyone that makes this thing happen (you owners who show up even if it is 99 degrees). The time goes by so quick and are only disappointment is we don't get to speak with everyone or anyone for very long.

I guess the question to ask is, at what point in the year is weather optimal in PA? Every time I have been there it is never optimal for Cobras But seriously, I would love to get another event going towards the end of the season/fall and perhaps one earlier in the spring? Could have a Southern NJ (spring), WC PA (summer), Northern NJ / Southern NY (fall) ... series?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick,
Did I forget to pick up my prize?

It was a good day. Talk about getting a Cobra fix. Almost 8 hours of seat time. I loved every minute of it.

Jay,
It was good to see you again. I tried to get Ned to come. I called him after I got home and he said he couldn't sit in his car for that long of a drive. His one leg falls asleep.
People find it hard to believe that my Comp seat is comfortable. I told him
He needs to change his seat. With 1/4" of padding I have no problems with comfort. The seat is shaped to your body.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:50 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Tony,
Yes it was great to see you again. We need more events so you can grill yourself in that Kingston special! I totally forgot, I wanted to study that comp seat. Maybe we get an event in Southern NY so Dave can make it down?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     

I had a great time at the event and thought it was so great of everyone to share their experiences with me with regard to their cobra. I was also truly impressed that no one really "put down" any other brand, but shared what they thought to be the highlight of their particular make. The only problem I have, coming away from this event is that it made it even harder to pick out the right mfr. That said, I will be talking to ERA this week, and hopefully will be able to make a deal on a 427SC.

Here's a link to the pics I took. Hope it works! Sorry that I didn't get everyone's car, but I think I got most! I didn't edit these to brighten any, but probably should have.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...sh%20Crossing/

Ray

Last edited by RAO-3; 06-12-2008 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: pics
Old 06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
Tony,
Yes it was great to see you again. We need more events so you can grill yourself in that Kingston special! I totally forgot, I wanted to study that comp seat. Maybe we get an event in Southern NY so Dave can make it down?
Are you going to the SAAC meet in Jersey?
I am planning to go even if it is for one day.

In the mean time there a photos in my gallery of the frame I built for the comp seat.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...6&ppuser=22067