24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Funny thing is, you guys would not believe how many people over the last few years of WSCB who've asked us and pressed the issue to try and bring their other Porsche's, Vettes, Mustangs, Aston Martins, MGs instead of their Cobras to the "Cobra" Bash becasue they had issues with driving their Cobra to/from the event and they wanted to drive their hardtop instead.
Duane,
Are you telling me I can't bring my hardtop???

Doug
Old 04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Hi guys,

Sadly, I'm out. A key client has asked me to fly out to discuss expandng our business and there is no way for me to get back to the states in time.

I hope you all have a safe and fun time, and look forward to joining you next year.

Chuck
Old 04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf #1723 427w
Not Ranked     

Chuck,
Were going to miss you. It's too bad as you have done alot to your car this year and also all the cool pictures you take!!. Why don't you bring your customer out here and up to the BASH! I bet he has so much fun he gives you all the business you need!! .

Greg
Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear someone else unable to make the event. Is the attendee list getting updated between now and the event so we know who's coming? Have a feeling for the count as we head into May?

That said, I'll be there rain or shine. I've been working diligently every evening and weekend getting the little stuff finished and fitted so I can enjoy the event. All of the critical items have been dealt with...now it's just cosmetic stuff.

See also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17qAk_LIN8U

Looking forward to seeing the cars, this will be a great time.

Byron
Old 04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronRACE View Post
Is the attendee list getting updated between now and the event so we know who's coming? Have a feeling for the count as we head into May?

Byron

No. Yes, feels good.

Last edited by decooney; 04-29-2008 at 08:00 PM..
Old 04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Greg,

Why didn't I think of that? I could fly him in from Singapore, stick him in the passenger seat, hit the track and tell him he can't get out until he signs the new Agreement.

Hmmmmmmm...

Chuck
Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     
Default 16 days to go.....

Only 16 days, a few hours, and its BASH 08 time!!!! I had a pre bash run up to the lake today, see if I could set off some alarms fun fun fun the sun was out, sure cant wait to see the corral FULL of Cobras!!!

The Vw's, Vipers, Honda Civics will JUST have to park on the 4th level where they belong!!!! This is a Cobra Bash, the bash of all bashes!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

In two weeks, I will be basking in the jacuzzi at the Nugget!!! lol !!!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Photo Opp!

I can see it now on the front page of the Nugget Gazette, "Tall Man With Bundle of Snakes on Head Seen Lurking in Jacuuzi.", "Tourists seen fleeing the Poolside Terrace upon closer inpsection."
Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

I can't Wait. ARE WE THERE YET!
Old 05-01-2008, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 Mass-Flo mild race engine
Not Ranked     

I have a slight scar on my chest from my heart surgery on the 18th..Do yah think the women will mind that in the Nugget jacuzzi??? I'll be their and driving all the way from Scottsdale too 740 miles each way... Dave
Old 05-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

The scar might help you socialize in the jacuzzi with the wimmin...but come up with a better story, like you were gored by a charging rhino while protecting the small daughter of the chief of the yabba zabba tribe.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 Mass-Flo mild race engine
Not Ranked     

Perfect Jamo!!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Accuweather.com shows the weather in Reno to be in the upper 80's to low 90's this weekend. Bring sunscreen.

Fortunatley, my "snake hat" keeps those rays at bay

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

The more recent weather report is that it will be in the high 80's on Friday and they believe that Saturday will have a high of 91 degrees which will set a new record, so yes it will be warm, make sure you are ready for the early heat
Old 05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THANK YOU - TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT to WSCB. YOU MADE HISTORY! So many great cars too. Wow!

Our sincerest gratitude and appreciation to everyone who attended, participated, spectated, and helped to put WSCB 2008 in the record books of fun.

Right out of the gate:

Track Day was spectacular. Thanks to John and the entire Track Team. John, Gary, Gary, Eric, Karen and all... Great job! Thanks to all the participants for doing a great job on the track; and for keeping the rubber side down! Whew. Weather was good. It could not have been better. Perfect.

Friday Alternate Drive group had a great time. It was good to have that option this year. Thanks to Cindrrr for pulling that together. Great job Cindy!

Friday Night party was fun. Howlin' Alan band did a great job and many of you got up and danced and we drank and had some good fun. Many comments and great feedback about having the party in the garage this year near the cars. Very enjoyable.

Saturday Drive into South Shore Tahoe was really nice. I really enjoyed it too. Chris/CJ428CJ, you did a very nice job at putting it together and pulling it off. Great job!

Car show had great attendance, all the cars on display looked incredible. But, man it was too hot this year so we definitely could have used some cooler weather. Public was definitely staying indoors this year. All in all, it was the best display yet though. Thanks to Mike LaGrone/ERA626 for putting it together and for taking on the award selections. Thanks Mike, we could not have done it without you and your crew.

Saturday Night Party - Great turnout, fun music, dancing, awards, some serious discussion, more dancing and music, and great support from so many of you.

And, Last but not least and most of all, Thanks to you Bob & Linda for being my right and left hands once again, all weekend long. Enjoy your retirement now. Now that your Cobra is sold, maybe we'll figure out how to rent you a Cobra for our future "participant" drive together next time we all meet; whenever or wherever that is.

Oh, Photos: Brent, Dan, Alan, Kevin - really starting to like the teaser photos we are seeing. Very cool. Can't wait to see Dan's big one all stiched together. I know he'll be working on that project for a while if he can pull it off as he planned.

Personal Notes Received - Friends, got the nice notes in/on the car at closing about the current state and future of this group and gathering. Thanks so much for your kind comments and thoughts. I will be emailing you about your kind offers to help and get involved. Your notes meant a lot at closing as we were tearing the place down and closing up WSCB 2008. Thank You.

See Ya Everyone. Time to finish unpacking, and get some rest. Over and out.

CH1

Last edited by decooney; 05-18-2008 at 11:00 PM..
Old 05-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Duane, this bash was once again, better than ever. Happy, sad, hated to leave this morning, but cant wait to see what happens next year.

Bob & LInda, you are two awesome people. I hope you have a wonderful time in your next adventure up north!! You have mail.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC #004 (Original ERA?)
Not Ranked     

Duane, Thank you for your most excellent effort. The event was a great success, those of us in the hobby owe you big time! Cheers, Pete C
Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, #930, 351W/427CID 419 RWHP (before the Webers!)
Not Ranked     

Duane:

Huge thanks to you and all those who helped make it a wonderful event. Having made every Bash since it's inception, I can tell you honestly it has only gotten better.

It has certainly become an annual scheduled event in many of our lives.

The only real drawback this year was the "Ladies Track Day." After Lisa passed two cars on the track, she refuses to give me the keys back and wants her own helmet, suit, gloves and shoes!!!!

THANK YOU!!
Terry Brown SPF #930 427W 419 RWHP 48 IDA Webers

"Remember, your car will not be more valuable after Track Day than it is the day before the event" - Eric W. instructional presentation on Track Day safety, 05/15/2008 WSCB
Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Great job EVERYONE! Best ever! I was sad as I drove away for the last time wondering if it was over forever and relishing the present as much as I could. We have to keep the "Family" together in one incarnation or another. We have too much of a mutual bond with each other to let drift apart and discard. Whatever & Wherever exists in the future for us may it be as special as past moments. Long Live WSCB! -John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: