LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Having Surgery-Can't go to WSCB- Anyone Want my Spot

skip message

Last edited by FFRCobraMike; 04-07-2008 at 12:23 PM..
Old 04-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Can't be transferred or sold. I can't go either and found that out.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I don't understand why the organizers will not allow them to transferred and/or sold. You would think it's an SB100 certificate or something
Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1452 514" 429 SCJ
Send a message via Yahoo to LETSRCE
Not Ranked     

I found out that I couldn't go after I sent in my $330.00 either.
I asked if I could GIVE my spot to someone else. All I got from the idiot running this thing was the info from the website in red showing no refunds & such. After a few email exchanges with this guy it was evident he is not brightest bulb on the tree. I think I will dispute it with my credit card company for sport
SPF #1452
514" 429 SCJ
Tupperware with an attitude!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default Attendance

Isn't it in the best interest of the event to reach the attendance limit?

I personally want to see every slot filled...without the cars, there is no event.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETSRCE View Post
After a few email exchanges with this guy it was evident he is not brightest bulb on the tree.
Maybe he's one of those new "green" light bulbs.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham
Not Ranked     

I am interested in a spot - and believe if someone shows up with proof of purchase should be fine......the name may change, or different Cobra type, but the event cost for a spot was paid...let me know to discuss........thanks, R
Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Your correct Byron, I would think more the merrier?
RodKnock, I think your correct also, like the "green" light bulb it all sounds good until you have a problem. It's not the money, I waste more than that on stuff I don't need from CostCo
How tough can it be to just change the name on the reservation?
Hotels do it everyday
SPF #1452
514" 429 SCJ
Old 04-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you REALLY want to go to the event, please push on the organizer to change the policy. Doesn't make any sense at all to me, but I ain't running the event.

The Nugget originally charged me for one night as a deposit, then credited my account when I cancelled my reservation....it's the way things in the world normally work!

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If I had to guess, me thinks that there's no system to verify who's coming and who's going unless you have your registration packet and you're on a list, which may not be updated once it's created.

Most places will charge you a cancellation fee, unless you cancel 30 days (or whatever) before the event. I would think the more participants the better and keep the cancellation fees.

I would love to go, but alas, my Cobra is still sans engine and tranny.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I asked if I could GIVE my spot to someone else. All I got from the idiot running this thing was the info from the website in red showing no refunds & such. After a few email exchanges with this guy it was evident he is not brightest bulb on the tree. I think I will dispute it with my credit card company for sport

I have nothing to do with the planning of WSCB, but calling any of the organizers “idiots” is not helpful. They volunteer their time. The event is very well attended, and consistently sells out. I suspect that the policy you refer to is there to prevent “scalping” of spots, and all the attendant unfairness.

As for the “idiot,” the policy is clearly stated, even highlighted in RED. If you are looking for idiots, check the mirror.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 04-07-2008, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow Ron, did I hit a nerve?
Your not the idiot I was corisponding with via email are you?
If not, you don't have all the facts so you can't make a factual comment.
And I just checked the mirror to see if your correct, your not
SPF #1452
514" 429 SCJ
Old 04-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've found out through recent experience that volunteers can sometimes be idiots too. Have you vere been to a PTA meeting? Oh boy.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Joe,

No, I have no idea with whom you were previously corresponding. The person may well actually be an idiot, but that doesn't make it any nicer to call them such. As a self-appointed defender of idiots worldwide, and an acquaintance of several of the hard-working organizers of the BASH, I couldn't let that last comment go by unchallenged. The terms of the contract we all agree to when we send in our cash are clearly presented.

Besides, you can catch more flys with honey, than with...

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"
Old 04-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Oh Brother...

Folks,
It's only a few each year who truly have no idea or no clue or just don't READ agreements before they agree to them. If you are in doubt, go re-read your registration agreement that you agreed to. In particular, the big BOLD letters in RED. Our funds and deposits are committed, insurance, required name lists, security, license plates, cars/types/colors - all this stuff is done well in advance. We don't have the option to just keep changing and changing and changing along the way every time someone runs into thier own conflicts for their own personal matters or schedules. All events are like this. NOTE: We tried the swap/exchange routine the first and second year and it was a huge MESS and not because of us. We had people trying to hold and resell their spots, and buyers committing to buy other people's spots and flaking out at the last minute, or not paying the other person, people not paying each other for rooms, all us getting stuck in the middle. Done, been there, not ever going there again. NEVER. The situation is people say one thing and then do another and then change their minds or pull all sorts of crap last minute or make up fake excuses because they panic and don't want to make the drive in their Cobras or their cars aren't ready or they forget their daughters graduation, you name it. We've had every fake and legitimate excuse in the book then to find out half of those who said they could not make it end up showing up anyhow because they did not want to lose their registration or spot for the next year.

This thread is case and point as to why we don't deal with this kind of stuff and we'd never be able to put on WSCB if we made exceptions for every person who came up with a last minute schedule conflict. If you schedule something on the same day as WSCB, that's your choice. You can attend or not attend. This is your choice, not ours. Surgery, Funeral, Graduation, Brain Fart, doesn't matter. I checked all over on several different events and they have the same policy. This is nothing new, and only new to those who are new. Your conflicts are your conflicts and our dates and funding is set if we are lucky to cover all the bills to put this thing on. All first/second year attendees wanted us to keep the sponsors and complexity out and keep this private, so we did. All the new people want to come along and start trying to make up new rules. The rules were on the agreement that everyone agreed to when they registered. This is why there is an agreement. And this is why it has to be agreed to for you to register.

One thing for sure, anyone who calls me or any of us an idiot at WSCB with absolutely no clue or understanding about what's involved here probably would never appreciate WSCB in the first place. The ratio is there is always about 1-2 dorks in the bunch of every 50 new attendees who try to attend, register, and then flake out on WSCB last minute with some excuse or conflict. That leaves about 198 other people who are able and willing to attend and who make it every year.

Thanks for the thread. It really helps us to reconfirm what we concluded on year one and year two. If you choose not to attend, it's your option and your choice - not ours. And as they say, "Good Luck to Ya".

Last edited by decooney; 04-07-2008 at 08:28 PM..
Old 04-07-2008, 06:44 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Quote:

I assume the people running the event actually have day jobs, so I'm guessing their motivation for taking a hard line is due the hassle-factor of processing all the cancellations and/or transers.

Anything can happen between now and then, and I'll be pissed if I have to pull out, too. But, I agreed to the terms and took the risk so I certainly won't publicly whine about it if it happens.

This is just my two cents, but if you want to claim the intellectual high ground by calling others idiots, you may want to at least double-check your spelling and grammar while you are doing so.

It's not "your," it's you're.
It's not "corisponding," it's corresponding.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Go ahead and dispute it. When they see the agreement YOU agreed to, you will lose. Yeah, let's see who the idiot is. It's people like you who caused us to have to create an agreement for you to agree to in the first place. Typically idiots are those who can't read or don't read or won't read. So re-read this if you are still not sure. And, Good Luck to Ya.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

vanoochka,

Thank you for catching that glaring detail.

I’ll see you soon on the 19th,

Idiot
Old 04-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Legal Dictionary - Agreement

For Reference:
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/agreement

AGREEMENT, contract. The consent of two or more persons concurring, respecting the transmission of some property, right or benefit, with a view of contracting an obligation. Bac. Ab. h.t.; Com. Dig. h.t.; Vin. Ab. h.t.; Plowd. 17; 1 Com. Contr. 2; 5 East's R. 16. It will be proper to consider, 1, the requisites of an agreement; 2, the kinds of agreements; 3, how they are annulled.
2.-1. To render an agreement complete six things must concur; there must be, 1, a person able to contract; 2, a person able to be contracted with; 3, a thing to be contracted for; 4, a lawful consideration, or quid pro quo; 5, words to express the agreement; 6, the assent of the contracting parties. Plowd. 161; Co. Litt. 35, b.
3.-2. As to their form, agreements are of two kinds; 1, by parol, or, in writing, as contradistinguished from specialties; 2, by specialty, or under seal. In relation to their performance, agreements are executed or executory. An agreement is said to be executed when two or more persons make over their respective rights in a thing to one another, and thereby change the property therein, either presently and at once, or at a future time, upon some event that shall give it full effect, without either party trusting to the other; as where things are bought, paid for and delivered. Executory agreements, in the ordinary acceptation of the term, are such contracts as rest on articles, memorandums, parol promises, or undertakings, and the like, to be performed in future, or which are entered into preparatory to more solemn and formal alienations of property. Powell on Cont. Agreements are also conditional and unconditional. They are conditional when some condition must be fulfilled before they can have full effect; they are unconditional when there is no condition attached;
4.-3. Agreements are annulled or rendered of no effect, first, by the acts of the parties, as, by payment; release - accord and satisfaction; rescission, which is express or implied; 1 Watts & Serg. 442; defeasance; by novation: secondly, by the acts of the law, as, confusion; merger; lapse of time; death, as when a man who has bound himself to teach an apprentice, dies; extinction of the thing which is the subject of the contract, as, when the agreement is to deliver a certain horse and before the time of delivery he dies. See Discharge of a Contract.
5. The writing or instrument containing an agreement is also called an agreement, and sometimes articles of agreement.(q.v.)
6. It is proper, to remark that there is much difference between an agreement and articles of agreement which are only evidence of it. From the moment that the parties have given their consent, the agreement or contract is formed, and, whether it can be proved or not, it has not less the quality to bind both contracting parties. A want of proof does not make it null, because that proof may be supplied aliunde, and the moment it is obtained, the contract may be enforced.
7. Again, the agreement may be mull, as when it was obtained by fraud, duress, and the like; and the articles of agreement may be good, as far as the form is concerned. Vide Contract. Deed; Guaranty; Parties to Contracts.

In this case, the terms are in the agreement, and you agreed to it if you successfully registered.

Last edited by decooney; 04-07-2008 at 08:30 PM..
Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sure I'd love my entry fee back, but I knew the rules going in and it really isn't the end the world. I contacted Duane and politely told him that I would not be able to attend, hoping that it would open a spot for another attendee. I understand that it would be a pain to manage all of the changes, and I respect that.

Closed Thread