17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-27-2012, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Neutral     
Default Cars & Coffee Suggestion

I read a lot about the Car&Coffee weekly event in California... the land of eternal sunshine.
I was thinking about trying to put together a weekly Saturday morning gathering place for the summer driving season. It would be early so people would still have most of Saturday open for their personal and family business. Considered also putting the word out to the Mustang club and maybe a few other local car clubs. It would require a large parking lot and the idea would just be just coffee and a bagel or roll not breakfast. Maybe the total drop-in duration of 2 hours maximum with people arriving and leaving during this prescribed time frame. Considering someplace like a Panera Bread or something along those lines... There is a good site by Woodfield, also one in Schaumburg, And I think one farther North near Long Grove.... Changes locations monthly maybe.
I'm thinking it would run from 8am to 10am maybe or maybe 730 to 930, that way the Saturday is still usable for personal business. It could also be a launch point for people wanting to cruise afterwards. I'd like some comments & feedback from the WCCC locals here...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 03-27-2012 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: spellen
Old 03-27-2012, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

The one in Dallas, Texas is hosted by a big BMW dealer. He uses the employee's parking lot and another display lot and provides coffee and water taking donations that he gives to his charity. Draws 600+ cars (all makes old and new) and tons of people 1st Saturday of the month. Some nice videos on YouTube. He provides golf cart rides up to the showroom where the bathrooms are and of course you have to walk through the show room. I'm sure he has sold several cars as a result of this as tons of people always looking and talking to sales persons during the event.

Last edited by gsharapa; 03-27-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Cobra Kit -428 Fe Built by Clayton Racing Engines
Not Ranked     

You would get a much bigger group on Sunday , I belong to differant groups over the years and this is always the same , SUNDAY is the big day . Take a look at the big car shows and there on SUNDAY .
Old 03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Cobra Kit -428 Fe Built by Clayton Racing Engines
Not Ranked     

As a post a note to Sunday breakfast; a group of us have been meeting every Sunday year around for five or six years now . We meet at differant places and the number of attendees balloons in the summer month . SO if you would like to join us on any given Sunday just send me a private message here on Club Cobra and I will tell you where that week at 8:00 sharp . If you are from out of town and are going to be in Chicago please fell free to attend you are always welcome to stop by and make new friends.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I believe Saturday will be the day of choice for these proposed gatherings; As was pointed out to me earlier offline, some people have weekly religous commitments with family on Sunday mornings... So are there other comments or suggestions regarding this idea?

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII, Dart 363, 5-link
Not Ranked     

Blas: I like the idea! Maybe we can meet at the train station parking lot and hook up with the Miata folks when they prepare for their solo event in the ballpark parking lot. If you buy someone a doughnut, they are your friend for life.

tim
Old 03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not really related to to original subject of this thread...
But as another event of interest; When is this ballpark thing?
Perhaps a subject for discussion for a different thread and follow-up...

Last edited by Blas; 03-28-2012 at 07:38 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Blas, lets do it your way . Saturday after Saturday .
Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 2800, 427
Not Ranked     

Working my retail shop six days a week and kids in sports, Sunday is my day. Balancing Faith, Family, and Fun can be challenging. Sunday mornings do seem to work well for us from time to time. We would like to meet other Cobra owners at one of these events.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default coffee

Good idea. Saturday works better for me.
I also like what Fred brought up in his email about having
it at the same location at the same time every
week.

The older I get, the faster I was........

So now I'm so fast apparently I appear to be standing still.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Everyone,

Have cobra, will travel. Pick the day/time and I'll be there.

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts/5.0 Jon Barrett Hot Rod Engine
Not Ranked     

Early Saturday is good. A fun opportunity to both drive and show the cars. Same location every Saturday would make things simpler but I would participate either way.
Jerry
Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm meeting with Steve at lunch today. He is the person who coordinated the Volo Shelby event. I have a list of other clubs and contacts for each.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #253 Silver/Black 358 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Earlier is better for me, as it looks like I'll have my hands full with weekend classes for at least the first part of our driving season. I may only have time to pop in and say hi, but I want to drive as much as possible!