CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - Blue W/ Silver Stripe
Not Ranked     

You want to ride Sid's What?
Old 07-07-2006, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, Southern Automotive stroked 351W 396 ci. 450hp. SOLD IT!
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, I would love to go to this event. RA is the most spectator friendly race track in the midwest. I just bought my first cobra 3 weeks ago and would love to go on a little road trip. I live in Byron IL. app. 90 miles North West of Chi. is the Chicago area cobra club the closest to me? Look forward to meeting other owners up there.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

Hope to see you there Randy !

Tickets are most certainly available the day of the event. Just not the discounted whole weekend ticket.

I am not planning on driving the track. Touring tends to be over sold at this event and it becomes a traffic jam. There is a vintage race later in the year which is a great event for touring, as there are a lot fewer cars on the track (and it's cheaper).
If this is going to be your only event there for the year it might still be worth it though (and you should give me a ride for a lap or two !)

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)
Old 07-07-2006, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #177 Carbed Ford Small Block
Not Ranked     

The seat we lovingly call the Sid seat. Thanks for the opportunity to clear that up Rich. I should proof read everything I write from now on as to not leave you guys any, dare I say, openings.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ACE, 351W, 3550 Tremec, Raging(?) Red W/ White Stripe.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy H
... I live in Byron IL. app. 90 miles North West of Chi. is the Chicago area cobra club the closest to me? Look forward to meeting other owners up there.
Hey Randy, you don't have to tell the WCCC guys where Byron is!
I'm surprised you haven't been in contact with us while you were in your "dream-phase" before getting your snake. Our club goes to your town's drag strip two or three times every year.
Now that you'll be thinking of becoming a club member, your garage may become the official WCCC Drag Race Shop for our members that break things on the track!
Crash Ralph
Old 07-07-2006, 10:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am coming all the way from Georgia just to take yous guys up on the invitation. I actually used to live in Chicago and have a lot of fond memories of the area . I am bringing an Army Jeep (I hope passing is allowed in touring) and a Bus. I think I am going to try to park just at the edge of the Can Am pits and you can't miss my rig because it is wrecked on one side and leaks gray water. It will be on the hot side and there could be some mosquitos, so bring some OFF.
Friday night is a pretty big shindig in "downtown" Elkhart Lake.
I will be sure to stop by. Thanks for the hospitality.
Johan

Last edited by Johan; 07-07-2006 at 10:51 PM..
Old 07-10-2006, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just to post quick before I'm off to work, I will be up Friday saturday and Sunday. I will generally be inside turn 6, just past the turn, and should have my Cobra there Fri and Sat.

Thursday there are several cars driving the old road circuit. I was invited to ride with a former June Sprint winner (62') but I have a dentist appt and can't be there...

Hope to see you all there ! Weather looks great, mid 80's-90's and clear all weekend.

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Guys

Well Club Cobra is having its problems. I hope it does not affect the weekend plans.
I just want to give everyone an update.

Anyway, we got out the random location dart and threw it at the Race Track map. It decided for us the best place to set-up our bar-b-que. We will be on the inside, as close to turn 5 as is possible. This link will take you to a map of the track:

http://www.roadamerica.com/2006/imag...a_map_2006.pdf

If, after you pay you make a left turn and follow the access road all the way around to the turn 5 area; you will be able to find parking close by.

Please call my cell (1-773-960-7865) if you get lost or can not find us.

See y’all on Saturday

Rich
Old 07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B+B 351w #112
Not Ranked     

I hope you like it hottt! Should be in the mid 90's all weekend. I might be able to make it on Saturday. Jim
Old 07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2221 357w 435hp
Not Ranked     

rich are you coming up on fri. also, let
me know as i mite be there too. if you enter
at gate 4 you can just go staight to turn 5
area.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Cancel The Appointment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetiman

Thursday there are several cars driving the old road circuit. I was invited to ride with a former June Sprint winner (62') but I have a dentist appt and can't be there...
Yetiman, I can't believe that you have your priorities so messed up! Are you telling me that you would rather get a "Root Canal" at your dentist than ride with a former June Sprint Winner?
Blow that appointment and reschedule!
BTW, we'll have enough tools to take care of that tooth!
Crash
Old 07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

LoL

I have had the appt for two months and it's driving me crazy. I had a root canal done through a crown and it fell apart a week later.
At this point I just want it taken care of

Old 07-12-2006, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, Southern Automotive stroked 351W 396 ci. 450hp. SOLD IT!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnake351
Hey Randy, you don't have to tell the WCCC guys where Byron is!
I'm surprised you haven't been in contact with us while you were in your "dream-phase" before getting your snake. Our club goes to your town's drag strip two or three times every year.
Now that you'll be thinking of becoming a club member, your garage may become the official WCCC Drag Race Shop for our members that break things on the track!
Crash Ralph
Ralph,
I guess my last post didn't make it at least I sure don't see it, must have been the server issue? My garage is still a work in progress (only built the house 7 years ago!) but the doors open to any snake owner that's ever in the Byron area.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Randy
Are you going to make it to Road America this weekend?

Rich
Old 07-12-2006, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Wake Up The Neighbors!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy H
...My garage is still a work in progress (only built the house 7 years ago!) but the doors open to any snake owner that's ever in the Byron area.
Randy, you'll be sorry when 47 LOUD Cobras pull in front of your house on a Sunday morning before track time and wake up the neighborhood!
Crash Ralph
Old 07-13-2006, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cobra's all packed and I will be heading out straight from work in the AM.

Hope to see lots of you there Saturday (or even friday !)

Old 07-14-2006, 03:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Well gentlemen, does not look like I will be able to make it. We are drawing nearer to a conclusion to our ordeal, and it is best (probably mandatory) that I stay close to home. Have a great time. Like the Cubs, there is always next year for me.

Tom
Old 07-14-2006, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnake351
Randy, you'll be sorry when 47 LOUD Cobras pull in front of your house on a Sunday morning before track time and wake up the neighborhood!
Crash Ralph
Rich I can't make it this weekend Wifes out of town but my 9yr old Daughter just can't understand the excitment of "driving 3.5 hrs to watch race cars in 95+ heat" ??

RedSnake: 47 Cobras...Talk about a photo shoot!! The neighbors would love it I'm sure. Nothing like the sound of sidepipes and the smell of high octane on a Sunday Morning!

Randy H
Old 07-15-2006, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What a fantastic day today ! Great weather and a great friendly bunch of people and some pretty tasty food as well. It was nice meeting you all and seeing your cars.

I went into the paddock in the afternoon and got caught up talking to some old friends (yea, found a comfy chair in the shade in a spot that a lot of drivers and track regulars kept passing through). I ducked out early to the Concours, and didn't make it back down by the group, but I really enjoyed meeting all of you.

I will have my pictures from the weekend posted in the next few days and will pass on a link to them.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yetiman,

It was great to meet you. Nice car! Truely a great event. We stayed an extra day. Ran into lots of friends from all over and made many new ones.
See ya soon. (We discovered a great restaurant on some backroads that could be a nice "half-way point" between Chicago and Elkhart for a cruise.)