Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Real1 I understand your anger . I think most of us were just talkin and busting your chops a bit , all in good fun . Sorry if I got a bit out of hand , you sound genuinely annoyed . I don't believe anyone was trying to go out of there way to ruin your day .
SDR
Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910
Carroll Shelby has turned into an a@#$% in his old age.

Best quote ever (comic book guy voice)
SDR

Wonder how much time you guys have spent with Carroll Shelby. When I have been around him I really never got that impression. I wonder how calm many of us will be at 85 plus years that is if we are still around. Just sayin....
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

CSX4910: I agree. Guys shouldn't be pissing on other's cars. Its about respect. Its like someone peeing in your sleeping blanket at a sleepover. Thats not cricket. The fact this is a public forum I believe makes it important to keep the facts straight when clearly some try and put down the CSX series by refering to them as replicas. I think its important that someone speaks up. Thats all. It was WAY worse here years ago. This is nothing.

Somedayaurora: No worries. Not upset at all. I take stuff with a grain a of salt around here. Good luck on your search for a Continuation series.

REDCSX: Ol' CS can get a little cranky but all in all he is entitled at his age. I've seen him get cranky before, but by and large he is usually very friendly and gracious.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
RedBarchetta: Why do you want to see pics of my car. Go look at a SPF. These cars are all the same anyway, right?
Just wow. I expected a better answer from you, one that would lend toward "Hey, this guy wants to actually learn how someone else went to the expense and effort to replicate a real one using a continuation series as a base platform. Gee, maybe I ought to send him some images or point him to a link that has some."

But instead you come back with this POS response? And even after I actually supported your stance that CSX's should be viewed as continuation series cars and labeled/viewed as such?

Blow me.

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 01-27-2010 at 03:01 PM..
Old 01-27-2010, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just thought it was a funny quote , I was actually impressed with his mini interview at BJ . That being said I do believe his use of lawyer is a little heavy and the zzmax thing just makes me shake my head . Real1 thanks I hope to have one this spring , regrettably not a continuation , but definitely one of the highline replicas ERA/CCX/UM .
SDR

nothing against SPF/BDR , hard to get up here and CSX/KHM out of my pay scale

Last edited by somedayaurora; 01-27-2010 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: ?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well, you can roll your eyes and laugh all you want if that makes you feel better but the fact of the matter is the general public and those that buy and sell these cars including auction houses have begun to clearly view CSX continuaiton Cobras as authentic Shelby Cobras and more then mere "replicas" as that term is commonly used and understood today.
Evan, you used the phrase, not me. You explain it.

And please feel free to omit any references or direct quotes from the SAAC Registry again.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Isn't this about the CSX6000 price at Barrett Jackson (with a little thrown in maybe on the other two original CSX2xxx's that were there)?

Another forum I participate in has a "recycle bin" where tech topics off-topic replies get moved to. If the moderators were to take every CSX related topic and move all the extraneous discussion of "CSX vs non-CSX" to that topic it would probably have more replies than any other topic on this forum.

This subject is religion and politics. Noone's mind is going to be changed by any further discussion on the subject here.

There's nothing to see here. Move on.

I have some pictures of CSX6018 I will post tonight.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Anybody have any more popcorn? I am running out....

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh, I'm playing nice so far. You wouldn't like to see me when I'm angry.

Debates just bring out the best in some people.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Can't wait 2bjshelbys , you take some nice pics .
SDR
Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

These are some pictures of CSX6018, Shelby Continuation Cobra. The light makes it look purple but it really is blue.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All things considered, that's a beautiful car and color. Thank you for posting pics.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

RedBarchetta: As to your request, No thanks I'll pass. A little touchy aren't we????

Hey, I get so much crap here it was just a reflex response. With all the bullets and sharpnel flying its hard to remember who says what.

I guess my post was a little uncalled for. Sorry.

If you still want pics I can email some to you. PM me with your email.

Thanks.

Rodknock: My point is simple. I believe that those that are into these cars and understand what the they are and have educated themselves and therefore are familar with SAAC and the Registry have come around to accepting the Continuation series as more then a replica. Thats the general public I'm referring to.

The general public that doesn't know Chit from shinola why should I be concerned about what they think. Explain it to me.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
RedBarchetta: As to your request, No thanks I'll pass. A little touchy aren't we????
PM sent. You have gone through all this effort to produce a dead-nuts recreation...you should be willing to share it more with others. My $0.02 but I'll respect those that don't want to post pics (for whatever reasons).
Old 01-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No problem I will send pics.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Rodknock: My point is simple. I believe that those that are into these cars and understand what the they are and have educated themselves and therefore are familar with SAAC and the Registry have come around to accepting the Continuation series as more then a replica. Thats the general public I'm referring to.

The general public that doesn't know Chit from shinola why should I be concerned about what they think. Explain it to me.
I understand your 1st point, but I don't understand why I have to explain to you why you should be concerned with the general public at large, the people who know absolutely nothing about SAAC or Shelby Cobras. I never brought it up, you did, and then you further defined your remark.

My point is/was that Mr. Comer is considered an expert on the marque for the following reasons:

1. he owns and has owned many Shelbys including, but not limited to, Mustangs and Cobras,
2. he wrote a book on Shelbys,
3. he vintage races Shelbys,
4. he has a longtime business that buys and sells Shelbys, as well as other sportscars and musclecars,
5. he writes for what I believe is the premier "auction results" magazine.

Thus, he would be on the ground, in the crowd, talking to these folks at these premier auction events around the country. These "auction buyers and sellers," THAT YOU PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, "have begun to clearly view CSX continuation Cobras as authentic Shelby Cobras and more then mere "replicas."

You stated this, as fact, when Mr. Comer, the expert and person who attends these events wrote an article that states w/o ambiguity that the CSX and Kirkham, along with every other Cobra manufacturer (non CSX2000 & CSX3000), are replicas.

I don't think your original statement is valid. There are those knowledgable people that think it is more than a mere replica and there are those knowledgable people that think that they are a replica.

EDIT: And please don't quote the SAAC Registry. I'm NOT talking about SAAC's definition.

Last edited by RodKnock; 01-28-2010 at 10:15 AM..
Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Don't want to get into this again , but was on the SAAC site , and had to laugh ; are favorite author and his car business is a SAAC sponsor. Lets move on .
SDR

Last edited by somedayaurora; 01-28-2010 at 11:02 AM..
Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

How can BJ list that CSX6000 series as a "1965" on the board? Those in the know understand it was not built in 1965, but I think that is a little deceptive. My.02
Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

That's pretty much convention when talking about any replica....using the year it replicates.
You see it all the time with fiberglas street rods listed as "'32 Ford," etc.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Candidly I don't care what Mr. Comer says. He is one author. There are many others with a variety of differing opinions. Maybe we should watch was each "expert" has to say and change with the wind everytime writes an article.

In my mind and I believe in the majority of minds who are knowledgable SAAC is the definitive source and word on these cars.

You want to adopt Comers view point go right ahead if that makes you feel better. You were with Comer? You saw him talking to people at these events? What did they say? Who did he talk to? How many people did he talk to? He owns original Shelbys? In my mind that creates a question of bias as to how he looks at and writes about Continuation Series Cobras.

And these people on the ground that you assume he is talking to and seem to know what they are saying are plunking down near and over $100K for Shelbys when they could buy based on your view another "replica" for 1/3 to 1/2 that. That tells me something. Maybe it doesn't say anything to you but it does to me.

I am talking about the SAAC definition because as far as I am concerned the Registry is the Bible on these cars and defines what they are. You want to rest on Comers article on "replicas" go right ahead and if you think he sets the standard...by all means...think what you want.