Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   My Cobra dream is over - half finished Contemporary high end build for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/106110-my-cobra-dream-over-half-finished-contemporary-high-end-build-sale.html)

767Jockey 08-14-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatBoy (Post 1071316)
This is a truely heartwarming response to a fellow enthusiast's unhappy predicament and I congratulate all of you.
For my part, I have already been in touch with Doug with a personal invitation, which I’m delighted to say he has accepted.

As you were. ;)

Paul

Paul and I have agreed to meet next year at Goodwood, 2011. It's good to have a goal, a wonderful appointment to keep and to work toward. Thank you, Paul, I truly appreciate the incredibly gracious invitation, and I so look forward to it. Thank you so much.

Doug

CobraEd 08-14-2010 10:03 AM

dcdoug and I met this morning to discuss a new thread specific to this fundraiser. I have an email and PM in to Jamo to see if we can keep the fundraiser thread as a sticky in the "All Cobra Talk" and "Lounge" until your car is done. The verbiage with all the background and details is all done pending one last look.

We are ready to Rock and Roll on this on a more structured and continued basis!!!

FatBoy 08-14-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 767Jockey (Post 1071375)
Paul and I have agreed to meet next year at Goodwood, 2011. It's good to have a goal, a wonderful appointment to keep and to work toward. Thank you, Paul, I truly appreciate the incredibly gracious invitation, and I so look forward to it. Thank you so much.

Doug

If anyone else would like to join us, the more the merrier. :MECOOL: :)

The Goodwood Revival is THE premier classic race meeting...period. It takes place over the middle weekend of September at Goodwood in the UK.
Further details can be found here:

Goodwood Revival

To be clear, this will be next year (2011).

Paul

Double Venom 08-14-2010 11:56 AM

What I wouldn't give to stand next to Miss Velma and "The Tiger"!

What an honor that would be!

FatBoy 08-14-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Venom (Post 1071395)
What I wouldn't give to stand next to Miss Velma and "The Tiger"!

What an honor that would be!

Then come and join us, it'll be a hoot. :3DSMILE:

RICK LAKE 08-15-2010 03:33 AM

I have the trailer Ed

Double Venom Ed I have the trailer and could get the car over a couple of week ends. I could trailer it out to Summit Racing. This would be a good place to meet up on a week end. It would be easier to do this after Run&Gun. If the trailer was 30' could have thrown both cars in there and dropped it off at your house. Need to get together with you and doug and see what he wants to do. Rick L.

Double Venom 08-15-2010 04:20 AM

Fatboy,
Don't think for a minute if I could collect pop bottles, newspapers, scrapsteel what ever Mrs. DV and I'd be there in blink! Unfortunately..............:(

Double Venom 08-15-2010 04:22 AM

Summitt would be perfect....two cars?
Still waiting on what 767 decides!

DV

David Kirkham 08-15-2010 04:23 AM

Doug,

I just got back from back-to-back trips to Tanzania and Mexico or I would have written sooner. (You can tell by the jet-lag time of this post :) )

Kirkham would love to throw some parts into the pile for you. I imagine your FE could use a few parts to make the engine compartment shine. Turkey pan? Pulleys? Alternator bracket? All of the above? Something else? We make lots of parts.

Just let us know. Happy to help,

David
:):):)

CobraEd 08-15-2010 05:49 AM

I am hoping that we can have two sticky threads up with the details soon for a good fundraiser. Jamo was out yesterday but will be back today. Hopefully this can be up today or tomorrow.

Just another thought, . . . If the fundraiser is highly successful, and we raise more money that needed for parts and other completion "stuff", I am thinking that some of the excess funds go to DV and others who will have contributed their time and effort fo complete the build. Just a thought.

Ed

209 08-15-2010 08:07 AM

Excess funds should go to 767 regardless. Like you said, just a thought. 209

dcdoug 08-15-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209 (Post 1071565)
Excess funds should go to 767 regardless. Like you said, just a thought. 209

I think that's right. We will have some funds to purchase items that we need to complete the car and to pay for some labor, but after that the excess funds should go to 767. I'd rather pay for a bit of labor and get the car done in the next month or so, so its all ready when 767 gets done with treatments.

Double Venom 08-15-2010 09:03 AM

CobraEd,
I have been staring at your last thread for 45 minutes. Gracious as ever, but I'm still trying to thank everyone for what this organization has done for me (us) in the past. Wendy's tumor, after two major brain surgeries is totally now gone. Her cancer grade 2 plus is also completely gone. She is now back to running Marathons and if you hadn't noticed she actually qualified for the Boston Marathon this year!

Diane and I are still recovering from the guy that bought my 30 yr. old business and bankrupted it and of course me after just one year. (He still hasn't been found).

I am still wheebeling and wobbling from my stroke, but no complaints here! I just - apparently - work a little slower now, BUT I am still doing what I love.

The Mrs. and I are OK, with total thanks and prayers to Our Cobra Family!

For me trying to help "767" is a simple effort of "Paying it forward" and believe me it is still is not enough.

NOTE TO "767jockey", When you read this and Kirkhams post, take him up on his once again gracious offer(s). I, if you so decide, will install any parts that they may provide without hesitation!

CobraEd, I just can't take anything else from this family, but thank you so much for still remembering the past! It IS time to start paying back!

Ed "DV" Combs & Family

P.s. I just read 209 and Dcdoc's post. There will be NO labor charge from this end unless it has to be third party involvement!

CobraEd 08-15-2010 09:11 AM

I was just thinking out loud. No big deal.

Jamo 08-15-2010 10:24 AM

Computerworks will handle all CC stuff on this to insure there aren't too many chefs in the kitchen. :cool:

Good on everyone helping out any way they can. :)

767Jockey 08-15-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Kirkham (Post 1071522)
Doug,

I just got back from back-to-back trips to Tanzania and Mexico or I would have written sooner. (You can tell by the jet-lag time of this post :) )

Kirkham would love to throw some parts into the pile for you. I imagine your FE could use a few parts to make the engine compartment shine. Turkey pan? Pulleys? Alternator bracket? All of the above? Something else? We make lots of parts.

Just let us know. Happy to help,

David
:):):)

David,
In better times while I was building the car during my first go 'round with treatment, you guys treated me incredibly well. I am so thankful for all the Kindness Kirkham extended toward me while I was building the car. It's not easy to try to rebuild an "orphan", as this car is with Contemporary being long gone, but I felt that I was 'adopted" into the Kirkham family. If you thumb through my earlier build thread you will see my appreciation extended toward you and your wonderful company. Your offer here is so incredibly thoughtful, I thank you so much. Once i get back into the saddle on Monday, I have to start contacting people and try to make plans on how to proceed. Everyone, please know that if I seem to write little on here, it is simply because I am still at a loss for words about what is happening. I am still in shock. You all are incredibly wonderful people. I am in awe of all of you.

767Jockey 08-15-2010 11:58 AM

All,
Just a thought, just thinking out loud here. Perhaps this makes no sense at all, but here goes.........

I could never keep any excess funds, I am having a hard enough time graciously accepting all the incredible offers of work and funds as it is. What if any excess funds were used to initially fund a standing help account for other Cobra owners who find themselves in difficult times as well? Look at what happened to Ed, Mike and Donna, and so many more good Cobra people? I don't know how the logistics would work, but as a concept would that be workable? I can ASSURE you, once I get back on my feet, and I KNOW I will;), I would be happy to make a sizable donation to that fund. Is this workable or not? I would feel a whole lot better about all this if I knew that there would be a vehicle established where I could pay it forward. I am a whole lot more comfortable in my usual position on the giving end than in receiving. Any thoughts on this? I would sure like to be in a position sooner rather than later of helping others.

Cashburn 08-15-2010 01:06 PM

Keep us posted on parts needs... you'd be amazed what we find around the shop and we have a move coming that will unearth even more treasures.

dcdoug 08-15-2010 01:25 PM

A quick update for everyone on funds:

So far through PayPal we have raised $1,229 from 13 donors for Doug, with a number who have also mailed checks that I should get next week. Thank you so much!

whichonetodrive 08-15-2010 02:21 PM

How about getting in touch with the manufacturer and see if they are willing to donate the needed parts to complete the car, or at least sell them at a discounted price.