Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   My Cobra dream is over - half finished Contemporary high end build for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/106110-my-cobra-dream-over-half-finished-contemporary-high-end-build-sale.html)

Three Peaks 08-15-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whichonetodrive (Post 1071629)
How about getting in touch with the manufacturer and see if they are willing to donate the needed parts to complete the car, or at least sell them at a discounted price.

Great idea, but Contemporary has been out of business for quite some time.

aspenbubba 08-15-2010 03:56 PM

DC Doug,

As you know I am out of town and I am touched by "767s' " story having gone thru a bout of cancer , losing a business and at the same time putting a daughter thru college and divorcing a wife in another life. As you know all is well and I believe in never looking down on a person unless it is to give him a hand up. Please count on me .My thoughts and prayers to Doug and to you and Cobra Ed for spearheading this and all who have expressed an interest in assisting in kind or labor.The Cobra family never ceases to amaze me from Jay at Vintage , David at Kirkham and everyone else worldwide who wants to help. God bless all of you.

CobraEd 08-16-2010 04:17 AM

The formal link is up for the fundraiser

The sticky link for the fundraiser is now posted on All Cobra Talk. It will remain up until 767Jockeys car is complete.

Here is the link:

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=106179

dcdoug 08-16-2010 07:15 PM

Parts needed

OK, I have the list of parts from Doug I think we need to gather to finish his Contemporary. If you are able to donate any of them, maybe you can re-post this list with your name next to the item. :)

Parts List – Cobra

Oil Cooler lines and fittings
Remote oil filter bracket - Ford FE
Remote oil filter housing - Ford FE
Air filter and housing
Dipstick and tube - FE 390
Valve Covers - FE 390
Holley 650 dbl pumper carb kit
Cap and rotor – Mallory Unilite Ford FE
Breathers
Pushrods - Ford FE
Water pump - Ford FE 390
Cylinder heads - Ford FE to mate to existing Performer RPM intake
Valve springs compatible with Comp 282S cam
Stainless or aluminum water tubes and hoses- radiator upper and lower
Pulleys - Ford FE
Fan belt
Harmonic Balancer and pointer - Ford FE (Don't worry 767, we won't let Patrickt donate his old balancer :LOL:)
Engine bolts – external – Ford FE
Alternator brackets – Ford FE
Fuel pump – Ford FE
Fuel filter
PCV plate and basket for rear of intake – Ford FE
Master cylinder – front brakes
Master cylinder – rear brakes
Master cylinder – clutch
Brake light switch and fitting
Headlight relay – Ron Francis Wiring
Braided line from clutch master to slave
Braided lines from three hydraulic reservoir cans to masters
Bracket to hold three hydraulic reservoir cans to inner fender
Ignition coil and bracket
Ignition wires
Spark plugs
Cut pile carpeting for interior and trunk
Vinyl for rear bulkhead inside cockpit
Seat belts
Rear yoke for TKO 600
Driveshaft safety loop
Emergency brake handle, cable and caliper linkage for inboard brake Jaguar rear
Twin batteries for behind passenger seat
Battery cables and terminals (+ & -)
Stock looking horns

Oh, and as you might have noticed, the 390 is a short block - anyone want to volunteer to assemble it?

We will have some funds to purchase some of these items if they are not available to donate.

Thanks!!

767Jockey 08-17-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Venom (Post 1071577)
CobraEd,
I have been staring at your last thread for 45 minutes. Gracious as ever, but I'm still trying to thank everyone for what this organization has done for me (us) in the past. Wendy's tumor, after two major brain surgeries is totally now gone. Her cancer grade 2 plus is also completely gone. She is now back to running Marathons and if you hadn't noticed she actually qualified for the Boston Marathon this year!

Diane and I are still recovering from the guy that bought my 30 yr. old business and bankrupted it and of course me after just one year. (He still hasn't been found).

I am still wheebeling and wobbling from my stroke, but no complaints here! I just - apparently - work a little slower now, BUT I am still doing what I love.

The Mrs. and I are OK, with total thanks and prayers to Our Cobra Family!

For me trying to help "767" is a simple effort of "Paying it forward" and believe me it is still is not enough.

NOTE TO "767jockey", When you read this and Kirkhams post, take him up on his once again gracious offer(s). I, if you so decide, will install any parts that they may provide without hesitation!

CobraEd, I just can't take anything else from this family, but thank you so much for still remembering the past! It IS time to start paying back!

Ed "DV" Combs & Family

P.s. I just read 209 and Dcdoc's post. There will be NO labor charge from this end unless it has to be third party involvement!

Ed,
Would you be so kind as to PM me a phone contact number where I can call you? Thanks!

Doug

Double Venom 08-17-2010 08:28 AM

231-869-4608.... I think it is already a Public Cobra phone number :3DSMILE:

Ps, exscuse Me! I keep writing "Jack", Sorry Doug, but Jacks a good guy too!
:D

SoTxButler 08-17-2010 09:39 AM

I have a set of Comp 929-16 springs. Called Comp and they say the springs will work. New in the box, still wrapped.

Specs are:

OD of outer 1.535"
ID of outer 1.135"
ID of inner .754"
Seat Load 148 @ 1.880
Open Load 432 @ 1.230
Coil bind 1.160
Spring Rate 437

If you want them, send me an email with a shipping address.

computerworks 08-17-2010 09:44 AM

Since Doug's Project has taken shape, there is a new thread to track the help, the progress and the donations.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...hreadid=106179

We'll close this thread and encourage everyone to follow along there.

ron
ClubCobra Moderator