Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Drag race - Kirkham 65 side-oiler vs Ferrari 458 italia (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/108904-drag-race-kirkham-65-side-oiler-vs-ferrari-458-italia.html)

Naumoff 02-08-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommygold (Post 1108546)
Naumoff, I think you're exactly right if I actually had do anything at all. I'm just along for the ride and to collect the bet. Might doze off, especially if it takes Blitz a while to get down the track.

14 year old pimpled face kid. That's my guess. :LOL:

blitzforce 02-08-2011 05:59 PM

My carbs are leaking gas and the parts are gonna take a week to get here, goldstien also wants to **** me on my tires after he specifically told me if i wanna run different slicks than what is on the car he could run slicks. My tires are considered grooved slicks and I was counting on getting full fresh race slicks b/c we agreed we get fresh tires for the race I get slicks and he has to keep his stock tires. So since there was disagreement I said fine we both can run slicks then, he now is saying he will not honor that offer b/c it gives me the edge. This being said will all you ****ing traitors quit giving this skinny little gut maggot advice please and focus on sending me PM's no one has sent me **** and I think I need all the help I can get since i can't even drive my car till next week, i've only driven it a couple times since i made the bet, and I can't get on the track for 2 weeks to practice. Do you all really wanna see that homo in his electronic prancing pony win this race??? Get it together and get on the right side plz. Tyty

blitzforce 02-08-2011 06:02 PM

And the race is on March 2nd if either driver isn't ready its a 50k penalty and if they don't have the full bet amount in cash they forfeit the entire bet.

Excaliber 02-08-2011 06:48 PM

In normal racing circles, SCCA and such, ANY DOT approved tire is considered a street tire and is thus legal for competition. "Grooved" slicks, are typically DOT approved, or they wouldn't have the groove's!

It's logical and fair to simply say, you both gotta run DOT approved tires. Blitz, you GOT to run at least DOT slicks or you got no chance.

Sure would be nice if some of you Vegas guys could hook up with Blitz while his car is down and go do some test runs and driver training. Then repeat when he get's his car running!

So, Tommy, you might nod off? Now THATS funny! :)

Ibr8k4vetts 02-08-2011 07:07 PM

The more I here from Blitz, The more I hope Tommy wins!!!

RodKnock 02-08-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1108010)
The Ferrari is unbeatable. Drag race or road course. I know. I'm a traitor. :eek:

Tom can play with the A/C, sip a latte, locate his favorite radio station and text his friend in the other lane and still beat his buddy three times. :LOL:

Tommy, for the record. I'm quoting myself from a few pages back. I got your back. Good analysis.

RodKnock 02-08-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzforce (Post 1108550)
And the race is on March 2nd if either driver isn't ready its a 50k penalty and if they don't have the full bet amount in cash they forfeit the entire bet.

So some cash plus the title to the Kirkham. Cobra breaks first. :LOL:

twin turbo 02-08-2011 07:54 PM

Blitzforce or Tommy,
Am I to understand that Blitzforce is only allowed to run the tires that are on his car regardless of age or condition? Old grooved slicks become very hard over time and need to be replaced or they can be worse than standard street tires. I would think you would allow any DOT legal radial tire, but you guys need to get this aspect ironed out.

tommygold 02-08-2011 08:44 PM

Hi Twin Turbo. It's hard to understand Blitz's rants (as you're learning), but here's the situation: he's absolutely allowed to put new tires on his car; old ones aren't safe. But the bet is for the same equipment and he's not allowed to put a new *and different* set of tires on his car that will make it go faster. If folks want to understand how Blitz makes money as a VC when he's so obviously insane, the answer is simple: his dad does the work.

Incidentally, I tried my launch control for the first time (and made Blitz listen over the phone). It's pretty amazing. I screwed it up by not flooring the car. But honestly, I just wait for it to get to 9k rpms and pull a lever. 21% of the people in the survey are betting on Blitz winning because I screw up and I have literally no idea how I'm supposed to do that. I'll run a bunch of practices to make sure I don't get scared, but the car drives itself. Sorry.

MaSnaka 02-08-2011 08:53 PM

This is sounding like a couple of tough talking kids who decide to fight after school because of some silly bantoring. The whole student body is excited to see it go down and the talk keeps going back and forth. As the day wears on the two kids really don't want to fight anymore but both are pressured into it by the mob that surrounds them. The two kids get surrounded by a ring of spectators that want to see blood and they keep getting pushed back into the ring. You guys shot your mouths off and have to back it up, the big wager is gonna hurt, and Blitz will lose his ferrari loving girl friend anyway. Have fun.

John

G_Edmonds 02-08-2011 09:23 PM

Blitz, I don't know all the conditions you guys have set but I think your best bet might be to install a two-speed(powerglide). Take the mistakes out and use the torque.

"Q" 02-08-2011 09:41 PM

Hope I got it in time.

Blitzforce, hope I got to it in time. Hope it helps out.

tin-man 02-09-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommygold (Post 1108532)
.....And yet fully 40% of the people responding to the poll believe that the Cobra will win without me even screwing up? I'm sure I'm missing something.

Long story short, "we are family" and we have a great passion for the Cobra and as CC members have a history of coming to the aid of a fellow Cobra owner.

Tommy, you gotta understand, pasion has a lot to do with this, just like the bet, we are all Cobra owners in kind and just love the notion of a Cobra-Ferrari smackdown.

If Blitz gets his act together, learns how to handle his car, gets the right tires, he's may have a shot at taking the Ferrari once, just because its a Cobra and has a history. Thus the vote for the Cobra.

Other members may have a different opinion, but this is mine. Cheers, John AKA, tin-man

tin-man 02-09-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzforce (Post 1108550)

What happened to February 25th, is there a start time for March 2 or is the entire day booked? Having all the details would be helpful. Thanks. tin-man

tin-man 02-09-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzforce (Post 1108549)
This being said will all you ****ing traitors quit giving this skinny little gut maggot advice please and focus on sending me PM's no one has sent me **** and I think I need all the help I can get. Tyty

Yo Blitz, perhaps can we get your real name, we all know Tommy by now and it sure would be nice to know who you are and what type of guy we are dealing with other than a another Cobra owner, your recent comments to the contrary.

tin-man

blitzforce 02-09-2011 01:07 AM

Thanks guys for the help, I was getting worried there for a minute, seemed like rats jumping from a sinking ship haha. Let that homoerotic ferrari forum give him words of support, I will get it together once my carbs are fixed, and I can get a little seat time in the car. It will be so embarrassing when i blow the doors off ferraris latest baby with 50 year old technology. My name is Dan Bilzerian.

Rawkkrawler 02-09-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzforce (Post 1108635)
My name is Dan Bilzerian.

http://clubcobra.com/forums/picture....pictureid=5118

Work your magic Buzz!

Naumoff 02-09-2011 02:51 AM

I knew it was a couple of 14 year olds.

CoolCarl 02-09-2011 03:06 AM

Is this your car Dan? If so, it looks sweet. I love the polished body and brushed stripes.

http://www.highlandsracing.org/cobrakirk.jpg

tin-man 02-09-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naumoff (Post 1108646)
I knew it was a couple of 14 year olds.

I'll take the one on the left.:D tin-man.

EDIT: oops, scratch that, better leave that one alone, Tommy is gonna bang that one silly if he smokes the Cobra. :LOL::LOL: tin-man