21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2014, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

Just reading his post on clutch setups, once again giving advice I think to Rodneym. Saw this post, shocked and saddened. My sincere condolences Kathy
Old 11-22-2014, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

Just reading his post on clutch setups, once again giving advice I think to Rodneym. Saw this post, shocked and saddened. My sincere condolences Kathy
Old 11-23-2014, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary with 482 KC/SO, TKO600,IRS Jag/AMP, 3.54 Salisbury PL,
Not Ranked     

Very sad to have lost Rick, who often contributed to help solve problems I posted.
Very knowledgeable person who was always ready to give advice.
A great loss for his family and this community.
My most sincere condolences.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks again everyone.

As Mom, myself and Dad's 2 Brothers and 1 Sister plan his memorial service with a heavy heart, it's very pleasing to know that our loved one had such an impact on such a wide breadth of people. Dad was working on tidying up his car when he passed and I'm going to ensure it's finished for his service, December 6th. Weather permitting, Mom and I will take him for one last ride on that day, again with a heavy heart.

Thanks again all,
Justin
Old 12-01-2014, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Rick Parker's Memorial Service 12-6-14 1:00

To all Cobra lovers, please honk, cheer or rev up those engines at 1:00pst on Dec. 6th, 2014, in honor of my beloved husband, Rick Parker. That will be the start of his memorial service. Justin and I have felt blessed by your many good memories of Rick. Thanks To All, Kathy Parker
Old 12-01-2014, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Kathy,
The local Texas Cobra Club is meeting Saturday, we'll make sure to give him a good rev and a loud cheer! Please know we're thinking of you.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Heritage body, built the rest..460 Toploader..9"
Not Ranked     

I had what I call the honor to put the finishing touches to make Rick's Cobra safe and roadworthy again, as he had been working on a few things that had not been completed. Rick was a perfectionist and I believe that his son Justin and I followed in that tradition once again bringing to life Rick's pride and joy. Thank you Justin and Kathy for allowing me to be part of that process and the connection I have/had to the cobra.
John P
rodneym likes this.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2100 Rio Red Wimbledon White Stripes 302 stroked to 331 Webers Richmond Road Race 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Default Rest in Peace

So sorry to hear about Rick. We lost another good one. He and I helped each other solve our weber intake cooling issues. I will miss him on this site. My prayers to his family and friends.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have a tough time even posting this. I never met Rick in person but I feel like I knew him. We both used the same machine shop in Modesto at times. I would go in to the shop and Bob Gaines would say "Oh , you just missed Rick". I felt I knew him through mutual friends, similar interests,,,, I was to have lunch with him numerous times but one of us would not be able to make it. I loaned him my FE intake book . I left it at the machine shop and he returned it later. I kept missing him. He may be the nicest guy I never met.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Heritage body, built the rest..460 Toploader..9"
Not Ranked     

That is where I met Rick a number of years ago becoming instant friends. He always made me feel necessary. He truly defined the word friend and I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have been one of his and he mine. It is all Fly By Wire now my friend...no mechanical linkage anymore......Love you my friend...jp
Old 12-03-2014, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In all the years I am on this forum Rick was always assisting with very qualified replies and I will miss him. We never met, which makes his contribution to my builds even more awesome!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wrote a tribute to Rick, detailing some of our hi-jinx over the years. If any one would like to read it "friend" me on facebook or send me your e-mail address and I will send it to you. We had a lot of great times...Rick was quite a guy, and great friend. He loved the people associated with Club Cobra.....

Craig Munschy
cpmunschy@att.net
Old 12-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

I haven't checked the site in a while and this is certainly upsetting news.

My condolences to Rick's family. I always enjoyed Rick's posts and he was very knowledgeable and certainly one of us.

He will be missed.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory 5 mk4 445 FE
Not Ranked     

I never met Rick in person but if he helped his neighbors liked helped everyone here, which I know he did...what a man.
I have never seen so much detail when he helped you with a problem.
Rest good brother. You will surely be missed
Stoneville,NC

My ex car. Sad to see it go.
http://www.ffcars.com/POM/nov2003pom.JPG
Old 12-17-2014, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

Like many here I never met Rick in person, but was helped by him through his posts and private messages to me. Rick was a wealth of knowledge and provided me with many pointers, especially when it came to tuning my Webers.

I’ll miss his contributions to this forum. May he rest in peace.

Gun Doc
Old 12-18-2014, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N.A.F., 351 cleveland, 9" ford
Not Ranked     

So sorry to hear of Rick’s passing, such a shock. Although we had never met in person as a fellow NAF owner we had several conversations over the years and he was great. Thoughts go out to his family.

Paul T.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gentry 289 FIA Body/Street Beast Chassis, 289 with Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     
Default Rick Parker

Wow, I just put two and two together and realized I know Rick Parker! I just met him in July, I sent him an email stating how I loved his headers and I wanted to know where he bought them. He emailed me back with his phone number! I called him, and we talked of headers and Cobras for about an hour! I was blown away with how nice he was and helpful. He explained that he built his headers from scratch and proceeded to explain how to do it so I could build my own! He also told me I could call him anytime if I needed more information. I was a perfect stranger, by the end of the conversation, I had a new friend....R.I.P., Rick, tell Carroll I said hello.........

Darnel