LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACERAL View Post
Fun reading. Mr.Nobody, do you know there is two Factory 5 Forums
A fella named Greasy Thumb Jake found em both. Already banned on one, registered but hasn't posted on the other. Just sayin.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
When you look at a MKII and think it's a MKIII, it brings what you actually have into question. Seeing a picture of your car from places like the foot box interior and under the hood would allow members to give you accurate advice with interchangeability questions, or you could give the chassis number and we would know from that. As I stated earlier, we already know that alloycars is of such limited knowledge that they don't know what they are working on. When you combine their extremely limited technical knowledge, your lack of experience, and their lack of any sense of how to conduct themselves professionally, you are taking a bit of a risk don't you think?
Give it a rest "vaporware" boy.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Give it a rest "vaporware" boy.
vaporware? What on earth are you talking about?

EDIT: So what's with the name calling? How old are you?
Old 01-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As soon I know that my parts are interchangeable I will think about a MKIV setup. Its just about advantages and my budget.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
As soon I know that my parts are interchangeable I will think about a MKIV setup. Its just about advantages and my budget.
Posting a couple of pics or a chassis # would make that possible. Which specific parts are you concerned with? I'd be happy to help, but it requires two way information.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Posting a couple of pics or a chassis # would make that possible. Which specific parts are you concerned with? I'd be happy to help, but it requires two way information.
Thank you for your offer. First I will check my chassis number. Have to be sure that I have in fact a MKIII. I bought it from a gentleman a long time ago. Can you tell me where the FFR chassis number is located?
Old 01-12-2015, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
vaporware? What on earth are you talking about?

EDIT: So what's with the name calling? How old are you?
My bad, "vaporware" was said by someone else - so my apologies. No need to turn this into a spanish inquisition with Mr.Nobody, he has shared some info and it is clear Alloycars has a factory putting out FFR bodies. Let the man enjoy the journey, it's his decision not yours.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

MrNobody,
What are your plans for the MKIII you are taking the parts from? Are you planning on striping down completely, and if not, what parts are you wanting to move over?
Old 01-12-2015, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
My bad, "vaporware" was said by someone else - so my apologies. No need to turn this into a spanish inquisition with Mr.Nobody, he has shared some info and it is clear Alloycars has a factory putting out FFR bodies. Let the man enjoy the journey, it's his decision not yours.
Not sure what you have, but to the FFR guys the differences in chassis series is critical. Anyone selling parts or work on FFR cars MUST know how these differences relate to what they are doing. You may see an inquisition, but FFR guys see must have information. Any vendor selling anything as a MKIII part when their own photos show a MKII chassis would be a concern. Granted, much is interchangeable, but much is also not interchangeable.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
MrNobody,
What are your plans for the MKIII you are taking the parts from? Are you planning on striping down completely, and if not, what parts are you wanting to move over?
That's the idea. Question is: Whats about the advantage using a MKIII base setup against a MKIV? The body will be the same.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... I paid 16K. Payment after conclusion ...
btw, that sounds like a pretty good deal, congrats.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thank you for your offer. First I will check my chassis number. Have to be sure that I have in fact a MKIII. I bought it from a gentleman a long time ago. Can you tell me where the FFR chassis number is located?
Location on the frame varies with the series. Do you have the MSO from factory five? It will be on there. Pics of the driver foot box inside and out, steering rack, and front suspension would tell everything. I'm not sure, but I thought the vehicle title would have it too.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
btw, that sounds like a pretty good deal, congrats.
Thank you.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
That's the idea. Question is: Whats about the advantage using a MKIII base setup against a MKIV? The body will be the same.
Myself, I don't see any advantage for the MKIV beyond a better body, smaller diameter roll bar, and front suspension geometry. The perky butt can be taken out of the MKIII very easily. The chassis geometry is correctable, and the 1.5" roll bar is pretty much a bolt in mod on your MKIII. If you bought yours already built, the "drop butt" may have already been done as it is a very common mod. Once again pics would tell. If that has been done to your car, the alloy body will not fit correctly. It would really suck to find that out late in the game, and one more example of how their lack of ffr chassis knowledge may bite you.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Location on the frame varies with the series. Do you have the MSO from factory five? It will be on there. Pics of the driver foot box inside and out, steering rack, and front suspension would tell everything. I'm not sure, but I thought the vehicle title would have it too.
I have a bunch of documents. Should be easy. Will follow up with news tomorrow. My boss "wife" is looking over my shoulder.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

So, what is the contract for- installation wise? Does the price include just installation of the rough body, a file or brushed finish, polished finish, or paint? Is sealing of the body to the trunk panels, firewall, and rear wheel arches and foot box edges included?
What options are available? If available, I hope you go for the hidden trunk hinges- those exposed trunk hinges on an aluminum body are hideous, IMHO.

Bob
Old 01-12-2015, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I have seen all previous posts. This is why I went there at the first place.
In my opinion I think they had a bad start but if you are really interested to get an aluminum body you could give them a chance, as I did.
It's undeniable. They are real, they are building aluminum Cobras and this is what matters.
Wait a minute. In your first post you said you found this forum AFTER visiting Alloycars. Now you say you visited them because of what you read here? Having trouble keeping your story straight?
Old 01-12-2015, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Wait a minute. In your first post you said you found this forum AFTER visiting Alloycars. Now you say you visited them because of what you read here? Having trouble keeping your story straight?
Actually, he said he found this forum after visiting the show and doing a google search. That would flow if he then visited the shop today, and posted this afternoon.

Just sayin.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thank you.
After you get your alum body from alloycars, I would put on real kirkham badges and tell peeps u have an early kirkham prototype. Your car will increase in value by $50K. Forget perky butt look, engine choice, it is all about the badges!!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
After you get your alum body from alloycars, I would put on real kirkham badges and tell peeps u have an early kirkham prototype. Your car will increase in value by $50K. Forget perky butt look, engine choice, it is all about the badges!!
If that's the case, I got some 427 badges for your Leaf.
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.