Like Tree50Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Alloycars are real

I have been looking for a while now for an aluminum body for my FFR-MKIII. I went to a car show this weekend in West Palm Beach and between Ferraris, Lamborghini and Backdraft I found Alloycars with two aluminum cars which were on display at their booth.

I met two of the builders and the owner and what I have seen was astonishing. I noticed that they are using the same chassis as my Cobra which surprised me a lot. So I asked the owner if it is possible to swap my fiberglass body for their aluminum body. And his answer was "This is what we are here for".
After some small talk he invited me to visit their shop in Fort Lauderdale. I went home happy, knowing to be able to see their shop in the morning as it was not far from my home.
At home I googled Alloycars and this forum popped up with a lot of posts regarding the existence of this company. So I asked myself if those cars are fake and the company doesnt exist, who did I meet at the show?

And Man, you all are so wrong on here.

As soon I showed up at the shop it was just jaw dropping. The first building full of 550 Spyders in different building stages, the second building which was double the size as the first one and fully loaded with aluminum Cobra bodies and parts. I was just speachless.
No word can express what I have seen.

The owner explained to me they are awaiting a new shippent from Factory Five to get MKIV's which will be sold from the next month up but as I have a MKIII already I was only looking for a body. After we made an agreement with a price for my swap I will go forward for getting my dream aluminum body.

It is a shame that most of you forum members are talking bad about something you have never seen. Which is also taking out the opportunity for FFR owners like me to replace their fiberglass bodies.

I don't understand the comments about false photos and that those car are not theirs as I have seen them in person and good minded people do the same before they post inflammatory information on this forum.

In my opinion this Cobra forum should be objective and not so inflammatory. I don't see much posts for my own interest as I had to figure it out for myself, therefore this will be my first and last post here. [ATTACH]Name:  20150112_151658.jpg
Views: 1414
Size:  60.4 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Can you post pics of the completed cars you saw at the show Mr Nobody post #1?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
It is a shame that most of you forum members are talking bad about something you have never seen. Which is also taking out the opportunity for FFR owners like me to replace their fiberglass bodies.

I don't understand the comments about false photos and that those car are not theirs as I have seen them in person and good minded people do the same before they post inflammatory information on this forum.

In my opinion this Cobra forum should be objective and not so inflammatory. I don't see much posts for my own interest as I had to figure it out for myself, therefore this will be my first and last post here.
So, you don't understand that Alloycars used photos of other Cobra manufacturers and Cobras of individuals to sell their own product? What can't you understand about potential fraud and trademark infringement?

Seriously, first post and we get this?

Last edited by RodKnock; 01-12-2015 at 01:35 PM..
Old 01-12-2015, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
It looks like the complete front section of the body on the left is really made from 4-5 different panels only.

Having some basic experience in metal shaping I still wonder how he does it...

Simon
Old 01-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Mr Nobody,
If you buy a body and have it installed, please be sure to post here.
This community would love to hear from at least one customer.
Noone doubted if they were real but if you indeed read everything, you'd see that the negativities weren't unjustified.
Thanks for the update, BTW.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Your English is getting better.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:38 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Can I ask what was so difficult to understand about the facts posted in the original thread (CLICK HERE).

The Kirkham Cobra they used in their advertising?
The Factory Five Cobra they used in their advertising?
Or the FFR Mk II (that is not a MK III chassis) and Kirkham supplied aluminum body that was originally built by Bluemoon Motorsports in Florida and Alloycars is now showing as if they built it themselves, when all they did was add their own hood and scoop to the Kirkham body?

Again, what was so difficult for you to understand?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote:
I have been looking for a while now for an aluminum body for my FFR-MKIII. I went to a car show this weekend in West Palm Beach and between Ferraris, Lamborghini and Backdraft I found Alloycars with two aluminum cars which were on display at their booth.

I met two of the builders and the owner and what I have seen was astonishing. I noticed that they are using the same chassis as my Cobra which surprised me a lot. So I asked the owner if it is possible to swap my fiberglass body for their aluminum body. And his answer was "This is what we are here for".
After some small talk he invited me to visit their shop in Fort Lauderdale. I went home happy, knowing to be able to see their shop in the morning as it was not far from my home.
At home I googled Alloycars and this forum popped up with a lot of posts regarding the existence of this company. So I asked myself if those cars are fake and the company doesnt exist, who did I meet at the show?

And Man, you all are so wrong on here.

As soon I showed up at the shop it was just jaw dropping. The first building full of 550 Spyders in different building stages, the second building which was double the size as the first one and fully loaded with aluminum Cobra bodies and parts. I was just speachless.
No word can express what I have seen.

The owner explained to me they are awaiting a new shippent from Factory Five to get MKIV's which will be sold from the next month up but as I have a MKIII already I was only looking for a body. After we made an agreement with a price for my swap I will go forward for getting my dream aluminum body.

In my opinion this Cobra forum should be objective and not so inflammatory. I don't see much posts for my own interest as I had to figure it out for myself, therefore this will be my first and last post here. [ATTACH]Attachment 24970[/ATTACH]
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, here's an obvious question.

Mr. Nobody, do you have any affiliation with the owners, suppliers, subcontractors and/or employees of Alloycars?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraV8 View Post
It looks like the complete front section of the body on the left is really made from 4-5 different panels only.

Having some basic experience in metal shaping I still wonder how he does it...

Simon
It's magic! Please don't ask him or we have to start this all over again!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
Can you post pics of the completed cars you saw at the show Mr Nobody post #1?
It will be my pleasure to show my car once finished.
Jeff
Old 01-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Cool! So that must be car #151, right?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:51 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Jeff
What is your FFR chassis number, as I have someone that may be looking for a replacement fiberglass body, but it has to be in a certain number range to fit on his current FFR chassis. Also, what color is your current fiberglass body painted?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
So, you don't understand that Alloycars used photos of other Cobra manufacturers and Cobras of individuals to sell their own product? What can't you understand about potential fraud and trademark infringement?

Seriously, first post and we get this?
I didn't see nothing about trademark infringement at their shop, not even a Cobra logo. But I have seen a huge facility, building what I want. But maybe you are right. I am blind, my camera made unreal pictures and everything was imagination. Come on...
Old 01-12-2015, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3985:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Jeff
Jeff,

what was the time frame they were quoting to get you an Aluminum body for your FFR? I'd like to ask at what price too, but I was told it's rude to ask people what things cost

If you read back on the other posts, I don't think anyone here didn't think they were a "real" company. Many however were questioning what they were claiming as their work
Old 01-12-2015, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 931 mangled in parkinglot incident - traded for new house roof <sob>
Not Ranked     
Default wanted: ingo+tom

nobody-read all the posts. didn't see where the 'reality' of alloycars was questioned. but did see their honesty/sincerity/integrity brought flaged. not interested pix of cars. post some pics of ingo + tom side by side with DL's held out. cobras are cool.

*clomp*clomp*clomp* I hear judge jamo comin. you guys better run.

Last edited by McD00; 01-12-2015 at 01:57 PM..
Old 01-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Still waiting to hear from Mr Smith. Just sayin'....

I hope all works out and this is a great success. Many folks would be happy with an alloy FFR. They are a great company.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Quote:
I didn't see nothing about trademark infringement at their shop, not even a Cobra logo. But I have seen a huge facility, building what I want. But maybe you are right. I am blind, my camera made unreal pictures and everything was imagination. Come on...
So, does the Alloycars owner know this gentlemen of German nationality?

So, you're OK with Alloycars using unauthorized pictures of cars from other people and companies, because you didn't see anything at their shop?
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You may want to clue them in on one little issue. Their show car from this weekend is in fact a MKII, not a MKIII. You may or may not have concern when they aren't familiar enough with the car to understand which series chassis they are working with.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Mr. Nobody, do you have any affiliation with the owners, suppliers, subcontractors and/or employees of Alloycars?
You haven't answered my question. Do you have any affiliation with the owners, suppliers, subcontractors and/or employees of Alloycars?
Old 01-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Mr Nobody,
If you buy a body and have it installed, please be sure to post here.
This community would love to hear from at least one customer.
Noone doubted if they were real but if you indeed read everything, you'd see that the negativities weren't unjustified.
Thanks for the update, BTW.
I have seen all previous posts. This is why I went there at the first place.
In my opinion I think they had a bad start but if you are really interested to get an aluminum body you could give them a chance, as I did.
It's undeniable. They are real, they are building aluminum Cobras and this is what matters.
Closed Thread