Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree50Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 05:53 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Joe, rude? Why? Time frame is five weeks after delivery of my car. Price including installation is U$16K. Payment after conclusion. That's fair or not?
US$16K sounds wonderful, how about some more details on what is included in this price?

Aluminum body and new substructure to mate it to your existing MK III chassis (is it a MK III, or MK III.5 as there are differences in the substructure, hence my reason for the want of your FFR chassis number for your old fiberglass body).

File finish?
Brushed finish?
Raw Finish?

What about the new hood, trunk, and door hinge assemblies that will not be able to be switched over from your current FFR chassis?
Are they going to have hidden trunk hinges, or are they going to stick with the external (Triumph TR4) trunk hinge assemblies?

What exactly will be included for your US$16K ?

Those of us who have built multiple FFR's in the past await your detailed response.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
Actually, he said he found this forum after visiting the show and doing a google search. That would flow if he then visited the shop today, and posted this afternoon.

Just sayin.
Ok. That could be.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Enough with this guy or these guys already!

I will just wait to hear from actual members that have seen and inspected the cars. Hey, it may be a great car!

I feel that I have been fair on this and other threads and asked and asked and asked for simply some pics of a completed car, even offering to have one shipped at my expense so it could be be inspected! And never a response.

I guess I'm saying "PUT UP OR SHUT UP!"...That's an an old American saying.

Other than that, best of luck on your endeavors.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Well, that was six pages of reading that I'll never get back, and shame on me for going to the end when it was painfully obvious from page one.
ScratchBuilder likes this.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
After you get your alum body from alloycars, I would put on real kirkham badges and tell peeps u have an early kirkham prototype. Your car will increase in value by $50K. Forget perky butt look, engine choice, it is all about the badges!!
Kirkhams don't need no stink'n badges!

Hey RodKnock, does your car have any Kirkham badges on it?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
Mr Nobody, Thanks for your post on this. The price seems very good considering many will pay $10k for a paint job. If the price includes a finished body with no other costs congrats. In the pic above, make sure they fix the wipers as they should not come out under the windshield molding. Also wondering what side vents they are using, as you may know the FFR opening needs tweaking. What brake lights do you have and how do they address the pads for the lights? Did they advise what frame changes are needed to mount the body? Do they custom make the body to your chassis as you may know the side pipe openings vary by set up. Like mentioned before, what trunk hinges do you have and how much to convert to hidden? Will they change out the perky butt and will they do a drop mod for you if not done already? Do they copy the FFR rear wheel openings or do they close them up a bit? Can they offer flared fenders for wider tires? Do they make the body symmetrical or copy the FFR layout?

Sorry for all the questions, but you would have asked these if you were going to take this big step. I have an MK3 and would be interested in buying your finished body if in good shape. Please send pics and a price. Thanks.

Can't wait to see the finished product. I would be interested as well once I get a clear understanding of what it is they are doing. I am asking you as a real customer as it would be an honest opinion in lieu of a sales response.

Good luck with your adventure.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Time for a few of you to man up with an apology to Alloycars.
Its amazing that someone would expect someone to offer an apology to alloycars.Think of the behavior and combativeness when ask a legitimate question.We all work hard for our money and use these forums to learn and protect ourselves.Without having a history of dealings with him I would not state my reputation on this person.And I do believe he is trying to produce an alloy cobra.The problem here is clearly that he has misrepresented his product.Think of all the research and money to produce a kirkham or FFR and have a person feel ok with stealing the intellectual property of others who went thru the steps of DOING IT RIGHT .Its just wrong .Im a contractor who feels I should only showcase my own work.Who here thinks its ok for me to go on a forum and find images of beautiful tile work and advertise it as my own. Seems a few accept that. We use these forums for knowledge and when someone uses it to promote a product for FREE ,please dont get mad when you are questioned.The crazy part is, me and many others here want this to be true in so many ways.Its a great concept .I truly believe if you came on here openly and honest,these guys here would bend over backwards to help you. It could be a win win situation . As someone who has followed all threads on this and other forums ,Its very obvious this is another PR forum.Who knows maybe I'm wrong .After so much shenanigans on the other threads its hard to swallow. I actually hope I'm wrong and we see some affordable options. On a final note .If someone get screwed by this guy who tells him sorry.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Time for a few of you to man up with an apology to Alloycars.
I don't see that...the member "Alloycars" begat the problems with the threads I had to monitor/close and his responses lead to his departure.

I think it's time for you leave this thread and not post in any others involving this mfg for awhile...seems to me you're own comments (as in this thread) have instigated some issues.
CHANMADD likes this.

Last edited by Jamo; 01-13-2015 at 02:28 AM..
Old 01-13-2015, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Mustang...find a different thread/subject for awhile.
CHANMADD likes this.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

NYC...I think it's time you start thinking about a different place. It's just not working out.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I recommend anyone with questions about an Alloycar conversion address them directly to Alloycars (Ingo Poth) @ info@alloycars.com
He would be glad to assist with any conversion ideas you may have and has the knowledge to know what is involved.
I would think he would love for us to talk to a real customer and get feedback. Do you happen to be a sales rep for him ? Please don't take any disrespect from my questions. I'm just someone that deeply researches something that I would want to buy.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo7896 View Post
I would think he would love for us to talk to a real customer and get feedback. Do you happen to be a sales rep for him ? Please don't take any disrespect from my questions. I'm just someone that deeply researches something that I would want to buy.
You're fairly new, so it's quite possible you don't understand that it's a good idea to review the most recent posts before you post. Might be best if you stay off this thread as well.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No problem .Did review, just a slow at typing
Old 01-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok, I got some news from Factory Five.
I just came back from the Alloycars shop. We went over my chassis information and we contacted FFR to figure out the year of my chassis is.
The bad news is that I have in fact a year 2002 MKII chassis, not a MKIII but FFR told me that I still can use those suspension parts if I want to keep the Mustang II suspension. Surprised by that Ingo, the owner asked for his chassis type as well and it is also a MKII.
This is why it looked identical to mine. After looking on his Bill of Sale it said it was a MKIII but FFR identified it was a MKII which is the same that happend with me and if we didn't call to FFR we would have never figured it out.
Until now there was no reason to believe that it wasn't in fact a MKIII. Now I am in debate if I go for a MKIV or stay with my MKII. Ingo told me that either way I choose nothing will change in our agreement.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam
Not Ranked     

Mustang II suspension?
Old 01-13-2015, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Werk77 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
therefore this will be my first and last post here.

25 posts later...
DRB GT40 MK1 red #49- sold
FF5 Mk4 #7733 302/T5/IRS - dark blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #7812 427/TKO/IRS - Guardsman Blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #8414 501/TKO600/48IDA Ollie the Dragon #91 - sold
FF5 Daytona Coupe 347/TKO/IRS Homage CSX2299 Viking Blue - sold
SPF 2063
Old 01-13-2015, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Werk77 289FIA
Not Ranked     

...in less than 19 hours. .
DRB GT40 MK1 red #49- sold
FF5 Mk4 #7733 302/T5/IRS - dark blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #7812 427/TKO/IRS - Guardsman Blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #8414 501/TKO600/48IDA Ollie the Dragon #91 - sold
FF5 Daytona Coupe 347/TKO/IRS Homage CSX2299 Viking Blue - sold
SPF 2063
Old 01-13-2015, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Pete View Post
25 posts later...
There are people here who want to see how this all plays out without the bickering. Continuous baiting and pettiness like this is only serving to aggravate the moderators and and force them to waste their time and intervene to close yet another thread one the same topic.

I really enjoyed your build thread and many of your other posts, but you're just stirring the pot here and maybe you and other trolls should just BUTT OUT.

I'm not going to engage you in a long BS exchange - out of respect for others here that's all I'm going to say.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 01-13-2015 at 09:19 AM..
Old 01-13-2015, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

MrNobody, FFR has never used Mustang Ii suspension. Please recheck. Also what is your FFR number?
Old 01-13-2015, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

stevo7896 - No disrespect taken, no I am not a sales rep for Alloycars. As for stealing intellectual property, I don't know of any replica builder outside of Kirkham or Superformance who hasn't taken pictures, run 3-D scans, acquired drawings and other intellectual property belonging to SAI to make their replicas from, and without SAI's explicit permission to do so. Yes, this forum is an advertising hub for replica builders and motor builders alike - all participate and that is a good thing as it helps "the customer" make an informed decision.

What you witnessed here is a "pile on" mentality that this forum has evolved into. It just takes one perceived leader and the blind followers will hop on the bandwagon. With time you will start to get a feel for the characters of some of the Club Cobra members. I continue to laugh that one of the most vocal detractors of Alloycars regarding "misleading info" (G-Pete), has a Shelby American Inc. manufacturer's plate riveted to the dash of his mustang donor 289.

As for mrmustang (Bill S.), 24/7 surveillance of anything posted here and who knows where else. I found it surprising that as knowledgeable as Bill is on the subject of cobras, that he would turn a blind eye to successful replica manufacturers adept at reverse engineering and single out Alloycars a startup. They are all birds of a feather, it's just some are better at hiding the truth than others.

Bill, the world is a fascinating place, leave the keyboard once in a while and check it out.

Then we come to our super moderator Jamo -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
I don't see that...the member "Alloycars" begat the problems with the threads I had to monitor/close and his responses lead to his departure.

I think it's time for you leave this thread and not post in any others involving this mfg for awhile...seems to me you're own comments (as in this thread) have instigated some issues.
Well first, the Alloycars departure was done by their own volition -

Originally Posted by Alloycars
"Ok, its getting off the objective as I already predicted together with other good sensed members who contacted me already by email.
If someone has good faith and want to participate this project is very welcome and I can be contacted over email. I will see also how to open a blog on my website about us and those projects.
There is one thing I am keeping following:

"A mans character is not defined by talking, its defined by what he has accomplished in his life"

So I will not waste my precious time here. You had your chance..

Good speed"

Your response to this was -
"... If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...well, to be blunt, you're a dick.
Gone forever and a day."

As a super moderator I expected at least some class from you, but then again, if one is to drive a discussion forum into the toilet might as well be from the top. Too bad you don't pull a page from recent Paris news, 3.7 million people "get it" regarding basic freedom of speech principles, you apparently don't.

In the end you will find Alloycars is the company they say they are, will provide a rebody option for current FFR owners, offer new FFR buyers an option to order a FFR chassis and go with their aluminum body ... or just buy a complete Alloycars turnkey MKV for $5k less than a Kirkham roller. In spite of yourselves, the cobra world will benefit tremendously from this when Alloycars injects their products into the market.

It's been an interesting experience, and not without some high points, but no longer an objective place to voice an opinion, so time to move on. For those who have been helpful to me I am indebted and appreciate the info you have shared.

Go ahead Jamo, spin up some nonsense to save a little face, I'm already gone.
soulman likes this.

Last edited by AL427SBF; 01-13-2015 at 10:07 AM..
Closed Thread