Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default alive and well

Sorry worked early and all night last night. A 6 year old child was ejected from a hi-speed MVA . Took quite some time with the neurosurgeons. In answer to Rod's question three months ago, long before the news announcement I had been contacted by two hi-rollers to survey and evaluate for purchase a car, one of each of the Kirkham produced cars and one of Drew's car. I have spoken with Drew extensively in the past as I was aware of this series of cars for a while. I needed time, and still need to talk to David about his project car. Drew has completed one car and currently had four more stamped chassis with substructures fabrication in progress. David obviously can build an excellent car. I have one, and it is great. I have resisted "to make it more original" with real 60's parts. I am adding a pair of SW 240's rather than the two Bendix diff. pumps that are there. The mounting locations are a little off as are the fittings, and wire terminal ends, color of insulators on the terminals and the color of the wires. The mounting hardware also needs attention. I have close to 150 NOS SW 240 pumps in yellow boxes and probably 40 SW coils, switches, filters and gasket kits everything from around 1971 or 72, when I bought out the SW Regional warranty service center in NJ. Same thing happened at Koni when I could convince my Dad that I needed every last set of 427 Cobra Koni Shocks in the country, or in Holland where they were made, along with every spare part they had. They were already obsolete. I had the original March 65 dated original shocks on my car rebuilt at current Koni. They said the shocks tested very well. They should, they only had 1200 miles on them, I said. They said no parts available. I said take' em apart and tell me what you need. I have everything. Ned I will address your inguiry shortly, but read Kopec's article, to gain some insight to answer your inquiry. I am going to discuss with one of the CC members about posting a few pages at a time. Maybe Jamo can help with that. Bob
Old 05-30-2015, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty442 View Post
Sorry worked early and all night last night. A 6 year old child was ejected from a hi-speed MVA . Took quite some time with the neurosurgeons. In answer to Rod's question three months ago, long before the news announcement I had been contacted by two hi-rollers to survey and evaluate for purchase a car, one of each of the Kirkham produced cars and one of Drew's car. I have spoken with Drew extensively in the past as I was aware of this series of cars for a while. I needed time, and still need to talk to David about his project car. Drew has completed one car and currently had four more stamped chassis with substructures fabrication in progress. David obviously can build an excellent car. I have one, and it is great. I have resisted "to make it more original" with real 60's parts. I am adding a pair of SW 240's rather than the two Bendix diff. pumps that are there. The mounting locations are a little off as are the fittings, and wire terminal ends, color of insulators on the terminals and the color of the wires. The mounting hardware also needs attention. I have close to 150 NOS SW 240 pumps in yellow boxes and probably 40 SW coils, switches, filters and gasket kits everything from around 1971 or 72, when I bought out the SW Regional warranty service center in NJ. Same thing happened at Koni when I could convince my Dad that I needed every last set of 427 Cobra Koni Shocks in the country, or in Holland where they were made, along with every spare part they had. They were already obsolete. I had the original March 65 dated original shocks on my car rebuilt at current Koni. They said the shocks tested very well. They should, they only had 1200 miles on them, I said. They said no parts available. I said take' em apart and tell me what you need. I have everything. Ned I will address your inguiry shortly, but read Kopec's article, to gain some insight to answer your inquiry. I am going to discuss with one of the CC members about posting a few pages at a time. Maybe Jamo can help with that. Bob
Bob, you have so much insight into the Cobra it is a shame that it is being buried into an unlreated by subject topic. No search will find your history lesson here. Please consider starting a topic on the historical attributes and then maybe we can keep this topic to the discussion of the Continuation Cobras 2.0.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default alive and well

Tony, should I go to a new thread in the originality forum? Maybe Jamo can confirm and suggest a more appropriate venue? Please Jamo?
Old 05-30-2015, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

that would be awesome, a new thread for original owners to spread light on cobras history
Old 05-31-2015, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty442 View Post
Tony, should I go to a new thread in the originality forum? Maybe Jamo can confirm and suggest a more appropriate venue? Please Jamo?
Maybe in the Shelby American forum.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
that would be awesome, a new thread for original owners to spread light on cobras history
Agree, Bob's tales of history and intrigue have more relevance to those who own ...

Not so much for those, who by comparison, went with a ...

And then try to reverse engineer it back to a ...

Can't be done, you have to start with silk first
Old 05-31-2015, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Bob (patty442)...I just started a new thread for you and others to share your wisdom about the original cars. It is a sticky, so you'll always find it at the top of the page. I'm putting here in ALL Cobra Talk so more folks (especially original owners, Shelby folks and SAAC guys) see it and hopefully weigh in.

I prefer it here than putting it in the Shelby American or any other replica mfg's area.*

I can always move it to the Originality Forum once it takes off.

*I chose to get Evan riled up at this time just cuz.
RodKnock and cycleguy55 like this.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:16 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Also learned that these cars will be sporting Kress Magnesium wheels. Nice touch but not original. That's what I've been told. They run $6000.00 a set.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Also learned that these cars will be sporting Kress Magnesium wheels. Nice touch but not original. That's what I've been told. They run $6000.00 a set.
Someone out there is hoarding real, but later generation, Halibrand mags. I missed out on a set many years ago, when someone else purchased all 4 sets from a seller local to me. And I know a couple sets were N-I-B.

Agreed. The Kress wheels are a nice upgrade from Trigos, but not original, nor will they even say "Halibrand" on them.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

CSBI stock is now trading at $0.24. The stock jumped to $0.25 around June 2nd on alot of volume.

The Resurrection Cobras must be selling very well. And those NOS OEM parts flying off the shelves.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Wow! I made a staggering $70!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Damn it, I missed another golden opportunity. Looks like another Apple.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Damn it, I missed another golden opportunity. Looks like another Apple.
I bought 1,000 shares a few weeks ago just for fun and to maybe get a certificate to hang on the wall.
Yes, I am quite the mover and shaker in the financial circles!
Rotorcraft likes this.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
I bought 1,000 shares a few weeks ago just for fun and to maybe get a certificate to hang on the wall.
Yes, I am quite the mover and shaker in the financial circles!
I'm starting to think that there's not alot of money in commercial real estate development.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I'm starting to think that there's not alot of money in commercial real estate development.
HA! Not to go off too far from topic here, but yes. It is a feast / famine biz like many others including SAI.

Once told my accountant one of my dumb-ass ideas and he told me "Just fly to Vegas and put it all on red. You have better odds!"
Old 06-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
CSBI stock is now trading at $0.24. The stock jumped to $0.25 around June 2nd on alot of volume.

The Resurrection Cobras must be selling very well. And those NOS OEM parts flying off the shelves.
And the stock just dropped to $0.18, so maybe not so much action on those parts and "NOS cars" yet.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
And the stock just dropped to $0.18, so maybe not so much action on those parts and "NOS cars" yet.
The stock is so thinly traded that large swings should be expected. It appears that 18,000 shares were traded today. Someone made a "huge" profit in the past several days.

Pump and dump? Or maybe Evan finally got an inventory list and purchased the entire NOS OEM parts inventory from Denbeste?

Last edited by RodKnock; 06-10-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Old 06-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
The stock is so thinly traded that large swings should be expected. It appears that 18,000 shares were traded today. Someone made a "huge" profit in the past several days.

Pump and dump? Or maybe Evan finally got an inventory list and purchased the entire NOS OEM parts inventory from Denbeste?
Well, there goes my $70 bucks!
Maybe Denbeste will go public.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well, there goes my $70 bucks!
Well, this just goes to show you that you shouldn't give up your day job to become one of those lazy do-nothing day-trading shareholders that create no concrete products and provide no viable services.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:51 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Guess you missed the buy of IPA at $11.50 back in the late 80's

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS