LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2015, 05:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Having been involved in the sale/resale of over 100 cobra replicas to date, I'll strongly disagree with that statement. It is extremely(EXTREMELY) rare in this day and age to come across an original builder/buyer who can get his original investment out of the car at time of resale.

Bill S.
News Alert: Kirkham base rollers are now $100,000.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Having been involved in the sale/resale of over 100 cobra replicas to date, I'll strongly disagree with that statement. It is extremely(EXTREMELY) rare in this day and age to come across an original builder/buyer who can get his original investment out of the car at time of resale.

Bill S.
That part might be true, but I dare say many pre-owned can be, purchased and flipped for a profit.

Surely the fact you've done it 100 times is testament to that, yes?
Old 05-24-2015, 07:13 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
That part might be true, but I dare say many pre-owned can be, purchased and flipped for a profit.

Surely the fact you've done it 100 times is testament to that, yes?
I've only personally owned 27 to date, but yes, if you are in the right place, at the right time, you can buy cars for profit .

Yet, with each one you or I buy, you take a chance that there may be something wrong with the car, and that is why the car is being sold in the first place. It's a gamble few are willing to take, preferring to sit back and watch others take those chances.

Bill S.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 05-24-2015, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
News Alert: Kirkham base rollers are now $100,000.
When I bought my Superfromance the roller price was $40grand, I was able to put the car together, drive it for years, and sold it for what I paid for it due to the price increase of the roller, same will go with Kirkhams, I bought my roller out the door for $70grand, I have already made $30grand just on that, I guarantee I could sell it for more than I have in it due to the cost to build one with the roller prices through the roof, its all about timing...
Old 05-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Bill S.
Now this is strange....
That's not my post (it's been edited) and not even in the correct thread!!
Old 05-24-2015, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default alve and well

Good evenng too all. Tonight I was called by a friend, a frequest poster and viewer of this forum, who alerts me of posts that might be of interest to me. It has taken quite some time for me to read through this entire thread. I wanted to respond immediately, in a short note, here now, and then prepare a formal and complete response. I have seen hostile exchanges in this thread and several others that I read in the past. I really don't know and of your real names or your CC names. Before anyone jumps all over me, and says who the he-- is this jerk as alluded to above, I suggest they fine a friend's copy of the Spring 2013 SAAC Shelby American magazine online, by a copy of the 2013 annual, or become a member of SAAC. You can read the story of my car and my life with it the THE PARTS. will continue immediately

Last edited by patty442; 05-24-2015 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: spellng puncuation
Old 05-24-2015, 11:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default alive and well

I suggest they read a friend's copy of the Spring 2013 SAAC Shelby American magazine online, by a copy of the 2013 annual, or become a member of SAAC. and read the story about my car, my life and my parts. I have been called many thngs by many Cobra guys through the years. Mostly a good friend and a little nuts. I have known the principle people for over 40 years. Mike McClusey has called me "The premier original 427 Cobra parts hoarder in the world." We held hands for 40 years during the restoration of my car. Many many times we discussed parts and he said you'll never find that, forget about it. I said I have 18 of them. I knew Ned when he lived in NJ and wanted Geoff Howard to repaint the engine block in one of his early SC's wthout taking the engine out from the chassis. Remember that Ned ? continued

Last edited by patty442; 05-24-2015 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: portIon lost
Old 05-24-2015, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty442 View Post
Good evenng too all. Tonight I was called by a friend, a frequest poster and viewer of this forum, who alerts me of posts that might be of interest to me. It has taken quite some time for me to read through this entire thread. I wanted to respond immediately, in a short note, here now, and then prepare a formal and complete response. I have seen hostile exchanges in this thread and several others that I read in the past. I really don't know and of your real names or your CC names. Before anyone jumps all over me, and says who the he-- is this jerk as alluded to above, I suggest they fine a friend's copy of the Spring 2013 SAAC Shelby American magazine online, by a copy of the 2013 annual, or become a member of SAAC. You can read the story of my car and my life with it the THE PARTS. will continue immediately
Actually, given the subject matter and the unanswered questions, this thread has been comparatively calm.

If you have information to share...share with sufficient identification for folks to be able to weigh it...rather than tell folks to look elsewhere.

And yes, I'm already aware of who you appear to be. Do it for the others here if you want them to know.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2015, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

To be clear and to make sure you understand where I'm coming from. Over the past year, a few folks have come on, celebrities in their own minds, playing games with their identities and sharing little to allow members here to weigh their credibility. Many threads were closed.

I have no patience whatsoever for any of that anymore...and I truly could care less who the person is.

So, no games, no charades. That's it...no multiple tries either.

Your ID has already been alluded to in this thread, so there's no reason to be subtle.

I personally think you would add to information here that members would appreciate, but I'm not going to sit here and monitor 24/7...these days, I stop the problems before they start. If you think I'm being unfair...oh well, I can live with that.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default alive and well #3

I was a member of SOA, Shelby Owner's Association in the early 70's before there was even a SAAC. I was a member of the first Cobra club, in Michigan, Bruce Jodar president. Rick said he was still around. Still have the club T shirt. On and On. I was the SAAC early convention concours 427 cobra judge, where I created a 10,000 points judging module, yes 10,000 points considering both condition and originality, trying to standardize the judging against an imaginary perfect car. was asked to resign as I was deemed to picky. People were not ready for this type of scrutiny. continued
Old 05-24-2015, 11:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

So, would you ever buy one of these OEM part cars, huh???
Old 05-24-2015, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I was a member of SOA, Shelby Owner's Association in the early 70's before there was even a SAAC. I was a member of the first Cobra club, in Michigan, Bruce Jodar president. Rick said he was still around. Still have the club T shirt. On and On. I was the SAAC early convention concours 427 cobra judge, where I created a 10,000 points judging module, yes 10,000 points considering both condition and originality, trying to standardize the judging against an imaginary perfect car. was asked to resign as I was deemed to picky. People were not ready for this type of scrutiny. continued
Obviously you're not reading...not going to stay up and watch posts come in like texts re your life history without an ID for the members.

Take a day off and think about it.

Like I said...no patience.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

For the friend of this person...don't bore me with a PM...talk to the poster about how to reemerge here. It's just a one day suspension...a time out if you will. The poster's posts (all two dozen of them over half a decade) indicate this same hide and seek methodology. Reminds me of the robber baron's offspring from last year that was the most interesting man in the world.

No patience.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Why does Jamo always derail threads with watch talk? If there isn't a more superfluous item known to mankind then I don't know what it is.
LMAO...cuz sometimes it's easier to cause folks to take a breather by jumping the subject...and I happen to like watches.

...and I like making Evan admit he has feminine wrists.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:41 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
Now this is strange....
That's not my post (it's been edited)
I fixed it for you (the changes were supposed to be in red, but I guess I messed up the quote, sorry)

It should have shown up like this:

Quote:
Yes, several of them do.
Shelby, Kirkham, ERA, Contemporary, FFR, SPF, Unique, Classic Auto Carriage, Street Beast, Road Serpent , Backdraft to name a few seem to do quite well. I'm sure someone will let me know which ones I forgot to list!
See

Quote:
not even in the correct thread!!
Well, it actually is in this thread, post # 436 to be exact

Bill S.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Bill...that's not cool...don't do that.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:19 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Meant without malice (hence the inclusion of Road Serpents)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Bill...that's not cool...don't do that.
So noted

Old 05-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I suggest they read a friend's copy of the Spring 2013 SAAC Shelby American magazine online, by a copy of the 2013 annual, or become a member of SAAC. and read the story about my car, my life and my parts. I have been called many thngs by many Cobra guys through the years. Mostly a good friend and a little nuts. I have known the principle people for over 40 years. Mike McClusey has called me "The premier original 427 Cobra parts hoarder in the world." We held hands for 40 years during the restoration of my car. Many many times we discussed parts and he said you'll never find that, forget about it. I said I have 18 of them. I knew Ned when he lived in NJ and wanted Geoff Howard to repaint the engine block in one of his early SC's wthout taking the engine out from the chassis. Remember that Ned ? continued
So when you do come back here, if you do maybe you can shed some light on this "stash" Denbeste supposedly acquired from Carroll.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
So when you do come back here, if you do maybe you can shed some light on this "stash" Denbeste supposedly acquired from Carroll.

Thanks
And maybe update your profile instead of just from Florida?

Nice story, but as JAMO said folks here have grown leery of stories without some substance and credibility. We have seen / heard many stories here that just don't pan out or turn out to be nothing more than someone trying to advance their own agenda and distract from the purpose of this site.

Of course, we all would like to believe it but name dropping is easy. Solid facts would be nice. Some pics would be nice too. So would being able to have a few seasoned members here step up and vouch for you.

Good luck!
Old 05-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post

Thanks
Evan, are you looking for a particular OEM part for 4206? David K. has seen the treasure trove so it exists. I'm not quite sure why the OEM parts stash is important. It's like someone changed the channel to American Pickers or something.