28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree268Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2015, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

MADMAXX is right.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Interesting. Evan's 100% correct. The only 'real' debatable thing with CSX4/6 Cobras is that SAI isn't licensing themselves, they have a supplier for their own product. Yes, I know, not genuine, original, et al. Just to point that it's not a perfect simile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I thought Evan's comment on a separate "Which GT40?" thread was interesting and pertained to our discussion here:

Which GT40?

In Evan's words: "I like the fact the Spf's are factory built and have license from Safir and are th only cars legally that can be called GT40's from the factory. Replica of the original but a damn nice one and legally a GT40."

Hmmm. That same phrase certainly applies to his Shelby Cobra replica.
Yes. I am correct. On all counts. I don't apply double standards. There are some distinctions, however. The World Registry explains it clearly and logically. All all in Black and white.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Because I really do care, I will keep this anonymous regarding the recipient and will not use his alias or name.

This is a great example of how one should view the hobby along with their replica. They are all good, vive la difference and appreciate the diversity, don't try to tear it down and belittle other owners just because they chose something different than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
As someone who loves not only my "replica csx4000" as well as all other cobras, please don't lump all of us into the same category as Evan. I don't think my CSX is any better or any worse than Kirkham, SPF, ERA, Etc. I fell in love with the Cobra as a kid and frankly can appreciate anyone's car that put their hard work into building or buying done, I prefer to enjoy the beauty of all of them
Ron
Please give this some serious thought, my dear Bojangles, you too can have friends if you take this first step.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
On the subject of real vs replica if they (Breast) get my rocks off I really dont care, just like Cobra's.
Succinctly well stated.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
... Important part is to respect others and what they own and promote the hobby and the Cobra as it is in jeopardy of being lost to future generations based on waning interest of the upcoming generations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post

jhv48 ... So if an original cobra is the wheat, you're calling all the rest chaff?

REAL 1 ... to me Shelby Cobras whether original or continuation are wheat. The rest is chaff.

jhv48 ... Separating wheat from chaff is to separate the part of the wheat that is valuable from that that is worthless. If that is what you meant, then you're calling all the replicas (other than yours of course) worthless?

REAL 1 ... To me Shelby Cobras Continuation or original are the wheat. The rest is the Chaff ...
Ah, do as I say, not as I do!
Old 09-30-2015, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Many owners feel and see it just as I do.

You're worried about "profiling" other Shelby owners as thinking like me.? Seriously? Most Continuation owners I speak and know to do feel and think the same way on this subject as expressed to me in person, email and pm on this cite and elsewhere. Many have even thanked me for standing up for the current production Cobras by pm and email. They just don't want to enter the fray seeing it as a waste of time. They're right. Every current production owner I have met has been very nice and does not purport to claim their Cobra is an original. Except for one that I meet. All are gentlemen and respectful.

Maybe you should focus on personal insulting attacks instead of "profiling" as if my position is some kind of offense.

Really. It just gets better and better.

Carry on. As you were.

Sheesh.
I agree with Evan. I just don't have the stamina he does to defend the position so vigorously. When asked about my car I say it is a a true Shelby built in 2011. I explain about the contination series. You might be surprised how many people are already familiar with the continuation series and are glad to see one.

Mine is titled as a 1965 Shelby Cobra. In the Comments block it says Replica. Nothing shady here, all done according to Virginia law and the only way it can be done legally.
REAL 1, razerwire and LightNFast like this.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
I agree with Evan ...
Actually I don't think you do and I'll explain why. You answer the question with it's "a true Shelby built in 2011". I don't think anyone here would have issue with that, giving the year makes a big difference. Evan answers the question with it's "a genuine Shelby Cobra" not mentioning the year, that is the missing crucial information. Then of course there is his plate "REAL 1", we shouldn't have to even go there. Word play to mislead with a direct tie back to "genuine Shelby Cobra".

There is also Evan's view that originals and continuations are the "wheat" and all others are the "chaff". Note that Evan has put the continuation replicas in the same class as the originals, all the others are 'garbage' by comparison. (See definition of chaff above). Do you subscribe to that view as well?

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 09-30-2015 at 05:56 PM..
Old 09-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The World Registry explains it clearly and logically. All all in Black and white.
Yup, all there in b&w. "Cobra-like" and "true replica" pop out from the page to me.

It's a genuine Shelby Cobra REPLICA, not a genuine Shelby Cobra. Those were produced in the 1960's.

To quote old Evan, "replica of the original, but a damn nice one."

Last edited by RodKnock; 09-30-2015 at 08:22 PM..
Old 09-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Al, you can't agree with me. You obviously don't understand enough to understand that I don't understand. Only they understand that I don't understand therefore you obviously can't understand what I don't understand.

Yes, I think that makes it clear. understand?

Oey.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Actually I don't think you do and I'll explain why. You answer the question with it's "a true Shelby built in 2011". I don't think anyone here would have issue with that, giving the year makes a big difference. Evan answers the question with it's "a genuine Shelby Cobra" not mentioning the year, that is the missing crucial information. Then of course there is his plate "REAL 1", we shouldn't have to even go there. Word play to mislead with a direct tie back to "genuine Shelby Cobra".

There is also Evan's view that originals and continuations are the "wheat" and all others are the "chaff". Note that Evan has put the continuation replicas in the same class as the originals, all the others are 'garbage' by comparison. (See definition of chaff above). Do you subscribe to that view as well?
I said I agree with him. Interpret that any way you like. As I also said I don't have his stamina, nor do I have the time, to respond to every challenge.
Ron61, REAL 1 and razerwire like this.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:23 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's all explained the the SAAC World Registry. Even the SAAC forum categories break down separate CSX Cobra categories separate from "Replica and Tributes" consistent with the breakdown in the SAAC World Registry.

Not hard stuff to understand. Really.

Hey, you guys have a wonderful day.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:30 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

New note for the fishing;

Just throw a hook...it is a "bite at anything" opportunity!

Generally, ( insert disclaimer here ), people that want this much attention as it relates to some personal belonging actually have a subconscious fear they will be thought 'less of' if that personal belonging is not "the one". They will argue and fight ( verbally in this context ) with never ending resolve to try to convince those willing to listen that they have "the one" or theirs is better.

The secondary reference to this is called, "Keeping up with the Jones". A condition very similar to the condition above, but is a running need to be better than those around them.

No one that I know of, has applied their comment to this thread from a seat of "original ownership". However, should that cricket from Disney start singing and an original AC converted by Shelby suddenly appears...please let us all know as there will be interest like there is with this thread.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
I said I agree with him. Interpret that any way you like. As I also said I don't have his stamina, nor do I have the time, to respond to every challenge.
Duly noted!
Old 10-01-2015, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
New note for the fishing;

Just throw a hook...it is a "bite at anything" opportunity!

Generally, ( insert disclaimer here ), people that want this much attention as it relates to some personal belonging actually have a subconscious fear they will be thought 'less of' if that personal belonging is not "the one". They will argue and fight ( verbally in this context ) with never ending resolve to try to convince those willing to listen that they have "the one" or theirs is better.

The secondary reference to this is called, "Keeping up with the Jones". A condition very similar to the condition above, but is a running need to be better than those around them.

No one that I know of, has applied their comment to this thread from a seat of "original ownership". However, should that cricket from Disney start singing and an original AC converted by Shelby suddenly appears...please let us all know as there will be interest like there is with this thread.

May need to update that secondary reference, keeping up with the (insert blowhard alias here).

Notwithstanding Jiminy Cricket crashing this block party, there will always be new entertainment as circling rubbernecks stop to splash their little toes in the shallow end of the pool
Old 10-01-2015, 07:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's all explained the the SAAC World Registry. Even the SAAC forum categories break down separate CSX Cobra categories separate from "Replica and Tributes" consistent with the breakdown in the SAAC World Registry.

Not hard stuff to understand. Really.

Hey, you guys have a wonderful day.
It's definitely "Cobra-like" and a "true replica" as the Registry cites too. CS/SAI just didn't think they would sell if they were called replicas. Right there in the Registry.

And the SAAC Cobra Registrar, one of the leading historians on Shelby Cobras, has said the CSX1000/4000/6000/7000/8000 Cobras are replicas.

Not the same assembly process, not the same sales/warranty process, not the same company, not the same employees, not the same materials and not the same era. They're clones like Dolly The Sheep. But really nice ones.

Definitely, not hard stuff to understand. Hey, you too have a wonderful day. Love ya!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I find it interesting that someone who purportedly could "care less" repeatedly jumps back in to defend his position every time he's challenged.

He doesn't seem to understand that if he really could "care less", all he needs to do is stop taking the bait and cease to respond. Then this thread would have died after two pages.

Unfortunately, only for him, (he provides oodles of entertainment for the rest of us) his "need to be right" is so strong that he can't control himself. That's what makes him so easy to provoke.

He is so wrapped up in his "need to be right" that he doesn't realize that he alone has the power to shut down this thread.

Now, back to the show!
Old 10-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
It's definitely "Cobra-like" and a "true replica" as the Registry cites too. CS/SAI just didn't think they would sell if they were called replicas. Right there in the Registry.

And the SAAC Cobra Registrar, one of the leading historians on Shelby Cobras, has said the CSX1000/4000/6000/7000/8000 Cobras are replicas.

Not the same assembly process, not the same sales/warranty process, not the same company, not the same employees, not the same materials and not the same era. They're clones like Dolly The Sheep. But really nice ones.

Definitely, not hard stuff to understand. Hey, you too have a wonderful day. Love ya!
I think I understand now. Today you can buy a "Camaro-like" vehicle. Camaros have not been in continuous production since the 1960s. It is not really the same company after the government took it over and gave it to the union employees. It is certainly not built by the same employees with the same materials, the warranty is different, the recommended service schedule is not the same, and it is certainly not the 1960s anymore. Yet these cars do somewhat replicate the look of the Camaros of the 1960s.

I cannot believe the current incarnation of Chevy calls their cars Camaros instead of labeling a more correct term like "real Chevy Camaro-ish replica thingy".

And don't even think about starting a discussion about the new so-called Dodge Dart or VW Beetle.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
I think I understand now. Today you can buy a "Camaro-like" vehicle. Camaros have not been in continuous production since the 1960s. It is not really the same company after the government took it over and gave it to the union employees. It is certainly not built by the same employees with the same materials, the warranty is different, the recommended service schedule is not the same, and it is certainly not the 1960s anymore. Yet these cars do somewhat replicate the look of the Camaros of the 1960s.

I cannot believe the current incarnation of Chevy calls their cars Camaros instead of labeling a more correct term like "real Chevy Camaro-ish replica thingy".

And don't even think about starting a discussion about the new so-called Dodge Dart or VW Beetle.
Is the new Camaro, with air bags, impact protection, all emissions equipment, plastic everywhere, side impact beams, etc., etc. a clone of the 1967-1968, 1969, the 1970's version(s), the 1980's, 1990's, the 2000's version? I can't tell. Side by side, do they really look like twins? Seriously? Nope.

"Somewhat replicate?" 2015 Camaro versus 1967 Camaro? Shelby Cobra versus Shelby Cobra replica?

The original 1967 came with a warranty and you could drive off the lot, just like today for the 2015 Camaro. Can you drive off the lot of a Shelby dealer with the car registered, drivable and with a warranty? Nope.

Will the new Camaro ever be confused with the original? Really? Say like an original 1960's Shelby Cobra that's value could be in the millions being confused with a CSX4000/6000? Nope.

And GM never stopped producing cars, but went through a restructuring. Still the same company. If they revive the Pontiac division and start to build a new GTO, then do you think it will ever be confused with the old Goat? Come on, really?

There are only 998 original Shelby Cobras and the person in charge of keeping their history, is on record as saying the modern Shelby Cobra replica is a REPLICA. And the registry references it as a "true replica" and "Cobra-like." I didn't make up those terms nor are they taken out of context.

Last edited by RodKnock; 10-01-2015 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: spelling and clarity
Old 10-01-2015, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think I'll by a wrecked & gutted csx4000, bang it out with a sledge, put in a tractor motor with 3-speed column shift, then move to Hollywood with my registered "1965 Shelby Cobra" with "Replica" stamped in the comments block
Old 10-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I think I'll by a wrecked & gutted csx4000, bang it out with a sledge, put in a tractor motor with 3-speed column shift, then move to Hollywood with my registered "1965 Shelby Cobra" with "Replica" stamped in the comments block
Joe, unfortunately, you couldn't register it here in CA as a 1965 Shelby Cobra, unless you were committing fraud. All kit cars are "specially constructed vehicles" here. Your legal title for your CSX4000 would be titled as SPCNS and the year that it was being titled. For example, my Kirkham is a 2007 SPCNS.

Of course, every state handles kit cars differently. Here in CA, they're considered "gross polluters" and require an exemption (500 allowed each year) in order to be registered and driven legally on the roads.

Kinda like a 2015 Camaro.
Closed Thread