Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2015, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
I didn't say "replica" you did so you can savor the moment yourself with Rodknock. Now not only are you citing out of context you have to change words to make your point.

No, current production Cobra production figures wouldn't be included in original production figures silly.

As to the CSX4910 he is free to curry favor with you and the rest of the peanut gallery here by deprecating his car. That's up to him. Don't need friends like that. He can view his Shelby anyway he likes. You are free to think his self deprecation speaks volumes. He can be your poster child. Fact: the vast majority of owners see it differently than him and you... that's for sure! So does SAAC and the World Registry!

Envy is a terrible thing.

Facts, law and World Registry.

But keep "twisting" the facts the law and the Registry to meet with your position. Flame on!!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwHETnBT1Tw&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwHETnBT1Tw&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-02-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Old 10-02-2015, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Please pass this along to your nameless friends who said through "many PMs" that I have disparaged them as csx4000/6000 owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
As someone who loves not only my "replica csx4000" as well as all other cobras, please don't lump all of us into the same category as Evan. I don't think my CSX is any better or any worse than Kirkham, SPF, ERA, Etc. I fell in love with the Cobra as a kid and frankly can appreciate anyone's car that put their hard work into building or buying done, I prefer to enjoy the beauty of all of them
Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Not to worry and we don't lump any csx4000 owner in with Evan. Most get it, Evan is a unique case and has a history of alienating his fellow cobra enthusiasts, example from 2 years ago -

"... And about me going away...it wasn't because I was mad, it was more like disgusted at the juvinile personal attacks about which you as a moderator did nothing. Why was I attacked? Because I was saying the same thing way back then (2000-2001) about the Shelby that SAAC states in there new World Registry of Cobras and GT40s ..."

Also the inability to accept facts, even when provided by a true expert, note the credentials of the "instructor". Another past example -

"... if you keep saying on this forum that my position on the new Continuation Series is wrong and you are an officer being on the board of directors of SAAC and as I recall on the SAAC Board of Directors at the time the Registry was being put together for publication and acknowledged as one of the contributors to the Registry and the SAAC Registry ..."

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-02-2015 at 05:16 PM..
Old 10-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

As usual you can't grasp it.

As usual you take snippets of discussions out of context and use them for their own purpose. Disgusting conduct actually. The fact is people like you pop up from time to time on this cite and this cite has always been predominated by those who have to tear down the Shelbys so they feel better about what they have. I don't mind having rational logical discourse on a subject but when people start attacking personally and moderators do nothing I have no use for it and won't waste my time on such a cite. Many of these "people" who have to make their point by demeaning others personally are far braver hiding behind a computer screen then they would be in person. Likely applies to you too.

As to "experts". Experts can't change facts but hey, your an expert in Cobras, psychology and twisting what others say and probably already know that.

CSX4910 has clearly misread what I have said and misinterpreted it. I never said Shelby Cobras were better than any other car as a general proposition. What is "better" is subjective depending on criteria applied and important to the individual. I have explained this over and over. You just can't grasp it and/or just twist my words and stoop to 3rd grader tactics by posting pictures of clowns. As the saying goes "it takes one to know one". How old are you.

You have "twisted" what I have said on nearly every front to serve your own purposes. Clearly you can't win on the facts and the law so have to cheat to "win". Hey, World Registry. Explains it all very clearly.

Oh, BTW CSX 4910 registered his car in the 40th World Registry of Cobras and GT40s. If he really thought his car was no different than the ERA, SPf etc... and nothing but a "replica" then he should have saved his money and bought one of those others. Hope he enjoys his "friends" here.

Oh, BTW your posts on this "sticky" thread I believe way out number mine. Whose the punching clown now?

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-02-2015 at 05:46 PM..
Old 10-02-2015, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... Oh, BTW your posts on this "sticky" thread I believe way out number mine. Whose the punching clown now?
Well think about it. Who supposedly left several days ago, oops!
Quote:
... Time for me to avoid squandering precious and billable time on those that can't be helped.

Adieu my lost friends. See you on other threads.

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-02-2015 at 05:52 PM..
Old 10-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Well think about it. Who supposedly left several days ago, oops!
Just providing you plenty of rope before I came back. It worked.

You pop up fast!!!!

Since you like pictures I'll post one you and the rest of the nasty peanut gallery understand.

Hey, you guys have a nice night.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-02-2015 at 06:16 PM..
Old 10-02-2015, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good time for intermission.

Something a little different, Urwerk also makes a very similar wrist watch. More detailed specs (not here) show it's a pretty impressive time piece for the money.

Urwerk UR-1001

This example of Urwerk's "Zeit Device" pocket watch is a unique piece made to commemorate the tenth anniversary of Bond Street retailer Marcus. Made of platinum, its sleek black looks come courtesy of an aluminium titanium nitride coating. Typically for the high-tech Swiss watchmaker, the UR-1001 houses a constellation of indications that include Urwerk's trademark three-pronged "hour satellites", a hand that tracks the minutes alongside each hour. You can also set the rear display to show periods of up to 1,000 years -- assuming someone is there to keep it wound up.
£559,000
Jamo and Jaydee like this.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

When an mfg does something like that to show off its abilities, all you can say is wow!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

You guys have me checking out the Omega website now. I (probably unjustly) see Rolexes as somewhat cliche and pretentious, but I do remember being attracted to Omega chronograph ads in my dad's Time and Newsweek magazines when I was a kid. I even know what a Ploprof is now!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 10-03-2015, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
When an mfg does something like that to show off its abilities, all you can say is wow!
Agree, one more just for the heck of it -

Urwerk UR-210S (Auto)

A double coaxial star-shaped cam regulates the retrograde mechanism through its gearing and its rotation defines the trajectory of the minute hand. When the minute hand reaches 60, the double star trips a (one of three) hockey stick shaped spring under the mechanism, which liberates the minute to fly back to the next hour satellite at 0-minutes.

The dial of the UR-210S features a traditional power reserve indication at one o’clock. In a near mirror image at 11 o’clock we find a similar indication. No, it isn’t a duplicate fail-safe, but something much more important which deserves our full attention, because it is actually a world-first complication that indicates winding efficiency over the last two hours.
Has your recent activity been enough to replenish your UR-210’s energy levels? If yes, the winding efficiency indicator will point emphatically to the green zone. If not, you have been using more energy than you are generating, and the winding efficiency indicator will point to the red zone ...

UR-210S “Full Metal Jacket”: The favorite child | Westime

Crazy stuff.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
You guys have me checking out the Omega website now. I (probably unjustly) see Rolexes as somewhat cliche and pretentious, but I do remember being attracted to Omega chronograph ads in my dad's Time and Newsweek magazines when I was a kid. I even know what a Ploprof is now!
... and I know what avant-garde horology is now

Yeah, I'm looking at that UR-210S with more than a passing interest.
No sneaking that one past the wife. A wise man once said "Don't ask for permission first, ask for forgiveness later". It's worked in the past, but this is probably pushing it
Old 10-04-2015, 03:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If you took this one to school they would arrest you for bringing a bomb to class. But some of these last pictures are quite amazing in the engineering that went into the watches.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 10-04-2015, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

It takes a lot for me to have my socks knocked off with something new (to me) about watches. I knew about the company and not much else. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

Evan,
You don't know me and I don't know you so I am not going to try to argu with you. I love my cox but I almost bought a Kirkham for the same money. Point is, yes I out my car in the registry as it is cool to see it in there, as are many other replica's.that doesn't mean I look down on other cars that are beatifuo, powerful and in some cases better built than my csx. I have owned a SPF and may one day be lucky enough to own a alum. Kirkham, a company that has higher standards than Shelby slapping their name on everything that moves these days( I have lost track of how many different versions there are of the new Mustang Shelby's. IMHO, they are Diluting the brand and tarnishing what Shelby did in the 60's by all of the other "special editions" sold for stupid money.

I prefer to enjoy my car and other shelby's the the comrade tie of those that love these cars and welcome all no matter wether it is a csx,or cobra is any other form. Today though, I am going to take my "new" Eleanor replica out for a tire melting spin!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3985:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

If you took this one to school they would arrest you for bringing a bomb to class. But some of these last pictures are quite amazing in the engineering that went into the watches.

Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
It takes a lot for me to have my socks knocked off with something new (to me) about watches. I knew about the company and not much else. Thanks!
Price for the Urwerk UR-210S Full Metal Jacket watch is 145,000 Swiss Francs.

I don't think there's many kids wearing this to school at roughly $150,000 US

it is absolutely beautiful though... I wonder if someone makes a replica of it
Old 10-04-2015, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Price for the Urwerk UR-210S Full Metal Jacket watch is 145,000 Swiss Francs.

I don't think there's many kids wearing this to school at roughly $150,000 US

it is absolutely beautiful though... I wonder if someone makes a replica of it
That solves my problem
Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Evan,
You don't know me and I don't know you so I am not going to try to argu with you. I love my cox but I almost bought a Kirkham for the same money. Point is, yes I out my car in the registry as it is cool to see it in there, as are many other replica's.that doesn't mean I look down on other cars that are beatifuo, powerful and in some cases better built than my csx. I have owned a SPF and may one day be lucky enough to own a alum. Kirkham, a company that has higher standards than Shelby slapping their name on everything that moves these days( I have lost track of how many different versions there are of the new Mustang Shelby's. IMHO, they are Diluting the brand and tarnishing what Shelby did in the 60's by all of the other "special editions" sold for stupid money.

I prefer to enjoy my car and other shelby's the the comrade tie of those that love these cars and welcome all no matter wether it is a csx,or cobra is any other form. Today though, I am going to take my "new" Eleanor replica out for a tire melting spin!
Hey Ron: Let me explain. You don't know me either. You completely misinterpret my point or perhaps read what was "twisted" by others as my "point".

I owned an Excalibur and an ERA. Both beautiful cars. I am still friends with Peter Portante' at ERA. I participate in FFR Cobra cruises locally. I have a number of friends with other "Cobras". One an immediate neighbor with a FFR. I enjoy the comradre' of "Cobra" owners too. Met a guy at a cruise night a few weeks back with a SPF. Beautiful car. Spent at least 15 minutes talking about his car. Never even mentioned my car to him. Just talking Cobras. I also refer to all these cars as "Cobras" as they have come to be referred to in the hobby. I just don't appreciate those that try to tear down what I own and push back when they start up at times.

You are free to view your car anyway you choose. That's up to you. However, if your view is that your car is merely a "replica" and nothing more not only I but the vast majority of Continuation owners look at it very differently. The Registry, that you thought was "cool" to put your car in takes the same position as I and many many Continuation owners on these cars.

Saying the current production Cobras are true or genuine Cobras is not a knock on other cars or demeaning to other cars. Nor intended as such. Its merely a statement of fact and law. The reason I repeat it so often if you look around and notice is in response to comments trying to demean the car as being a mere "replica" and nothing more and/or having no authenticity as a true Cobra but merely a "replica" of one. (those people will be here shortly after this post is made, just watch. ) Yes, of course the Continuation or current production Cobras are by their nature "replicas" of the originals at the same time since they duplicate the original car and are offered by the same/successor company that offered them back in the 60's.

Many here have decided to paint me as a "blowhard" and use other invectives so smear me and the entire issue. However, I see a bunch of guys here looking at a neutral statement of fact and law as somehow saying the Shelby is "better". It is in fact "better" in the same sense as an originals are "better" if your criteria is owning a genuine Cobra. Both series are genuine Cobras and if that's your "criteria" i.e. owning a genuine Cobra (as opposed to a car that just looks like one) it is what it is. Doesn't mean the Shelby cars as cars are better. Those that don't own Shelby's clearly can't stand the thought of another current production Cobra being in their presence. They are threatened by it based on what they have and therefore must pull it back down to the level they perceive their car is on. It's crystal clear. Called sour grapes.

If in order to make friends here I have to knock and demean what I own (incorrectly doing so to boot) I don't need those kind of friends. Thanks though.

So while the Shelby detractors say or paint it as "I am knocking others" by saying the Shelby is "better", I and many others see it as those people tearing down the Shelby to make them feel better about what they own and our efforts to defend the car are just "knocking others". What they own is their issue not mine. I VERY happy with what I own. I have owned it now for 15 years.

Whether Shelby "slaps" his name on cars or not (some cases yes, such as the standard '07 to '13 GT500 and even the brand new GT350 but in other cases he does not just slap his name on such as the current production Cobras that do incorporate Shelby suspension bits etc..also the former Shelby GT500KR, Supersnake, or GT350) there is plenty of value in the Shelby name. In fact, you must have seen enough value in owning a Shelby to choose a glass CSX current production Cobra over an aluminum Kirkham. Not saying the Kirkham is not as good... its just a choice you made for the reasons you had. Kirkhams are awe inspiring and gorgeous which is why SAI chose them for their body and chassis. It just can't be done better. In fact here I will say "better". The Kirkham chassis and bodies are better then the original chassis and bodies build and quality wise.

I wanted to respond to you Ron since your post was not filled with invective and personal insult. I have not interested wasting my time with those that want to insult and smear. Waste of time. They can read that book you thought it was cool to register your car in. The World Registry. Its all in there.

Post pics of the Eleanor. I'll look at the pics and just ignore the hate and tear down posts that are coming sure as rain.

You can PM me the pics too.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-04-2015 at 08:28 AM..
Old 10-04-2015, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Be careful CSX4910, NOTREALLYREAL1 will try to suck you into his fray.

No one here has any beef with you. Your opinions and statements will be treated with respect.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Be careful CSX4910, NOTREALLYREAL1 will try to suck you into his fray.

No one here has any beef with you. Your opinions and statements will be treated with respect.
Ditto

Let's not forget that Evan's views are contrary to what most cobra owners feel regarding our close knit community. There is a camaraderie among its' members, enthusiasts of a common interest, friends that value and respect each other regardless of what they own. Even though Evan owes an apology to the membership, he feels no need to do so, he would rather try to back-peddle out of it, he remains too arrogant to admit his views are conceited, not rooted in fact and unwarranted. There is no confusing what he truly believes.

jhv48 ... So if an original cobra is the wheat, you're calling all the rest chaff?

REAL 1 ... to me Shelby Cobras whether original or continuation are wheat. The rest is chaff.

jhv48 ... Separating wheat from chaff is to separate the part of the wheat that is valuable from that that is worthless. If that is what you meant, then you're calling all the replicas (other than yours of course) worthless?

REAL 1 ... To me Shelby Cobras Continuation or original are the wheat. The rest is the Chaff ...

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 10-04-2015 at 09:50 AM..
Old 10-04-2015, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

The only thing sucking me in is the sweet smell of high octane fuel in m garage, no worries. I would rather enjoy my cars and others without fighting in the sandbox. I just got possession of the Eleanor andouille I have always wanted a custom built NON Eleanor mustang, this one fell into my lap at a significant less cost that it would take to build one and I couldn't help myself. I have some bits to add to it to put my touch on it but with a ford performance 427 small block putting out about 550 horses with coil overs and big brakes and nitrous, it puts a grin from ear to ear much the way the cobra does. I didn't buy it because it was an Eleanor, I bought it in spite of it.

Anyone that knows me knows I don't follow anyone's rules since I also love my little 69 triumph gt6 that weighs 1600 lbs and is getting a new motor with about 140 hp on a wheelbase shorter than the cobra. A little go kart for the street.
Cheers
Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mom use to have a GT6+, I had some fun driving that in my late teens. My first car was a Volvo 544 with 4-speed, also mucho fun. Post pics of the Eleanor if you can, many would like to see it.
Closed Thread