23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree268Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Actually you don't, otherwise you would have taken me up on my standing offer.

Deal?

Let's go chump, or are you still waiting for your nuts to drop to?
I wouldn't give you a warm turd for pics of whatever it is you have. You really think I care????

You are clearly full of crap. (and a troll).
Old 10-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

That is so cool. I wish I could do art like that.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
You want me to explain an add error over 10 years ago? ...
Yeah, how you added ORIGINAL
Old 10-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Yeah, its cute. Doesn't establish anything. I prefer not to use insults with words or pictures or art. Juvenile. I stick to the facts, law and Registry.

I thought Buzz was above that. Guess not. Sour grapes too I guess. He posts that on a thread dedicated to this subject? Hey Buzz grow up.

Boy those facts, law and Registry really must hurt and irritate you guys.

A lot of guys on this site are really really low class.

I guess the plan is to humiliate, insult and intimidate the view you don't like and silence it.

That ain't happening.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Buzz: Love it!!!

That's exactly why I bought a Shelby. Don't want a fake "kit" or "replica" Cobra.
So, his misrepresentation of his replica has been going on since 2004? Shame, shame!

And 11 years later, he's still trying to talk his way out of it? To an entirely different group of posters? Good to know my grand kids will have someone on this forum to pick on.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yeah, its cute. Doesn't establish anything. I prefer not to use insults with words or pictures or art. Juvenile. I stick to the facts, law and Registry.

I thought Buzz was above that. Guess not. Sour grapes too I guess. He posts that on a thread dedicated to this subject? Hey Buzz grow up.

Boy those facts, law and Registry really must hurt and irritate you guys.

I guess the plan is to humiliate, insult and intimidate the view you don't like and silence it.

That ain't happening.
Hey buddy, take a happy pill. The minute you learn to laugh a little at yourself trust me on this - life will be so much more pleasant. Put yourself in others' shoes and take a look at how you come across. I seriously have no dog in this fight and nothing against you or Continuation CSX Cobras, but this $hit is funny as hell. Quit taking all this so seriously.
Ron61, JBCOBRA and Dimis like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 10-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Buzz: Love it!!!

That's exactly why I bought a Shelby. Don't want a fake "kit" or "replica" Cobra

Agreed. One would certainly prefer owning a real kit or replica.

Hmm. Do I own a real or a fake kit? Let's see, an LA Exotics... its a kit for sure.... There is nothing fake about it being a kit. So if I have a real kit...wait, what would a fake kit be.. a kit that is not a kit. Let's see ...a kit that is not a kit would have to be... I don't know. But for sure I have a real kit, just like everyone else. Hey, I'm part of something. Maybe something big. I feel good about myself.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... I prefer not to use insults with words or pictures or art. Juvenile. I stick to the facts, law and Registry ...
Good to know!

Quote:
... You are clearly full of crap. (and a troll).

Seriously Evan, explain how your csx4206 ad got posted but had this "add error" that you missed.

"DON'T MISS THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN AN ORIGINAL SHELBY AMERICAN COBRA WITH THIS LEVEL OF DETAIL AT A PRICE YOU COULD NOT DUPLICATE IT FOR.
Call Evan Harris for details"

We all know when you place an ad, you review it before it gets listed, you correct it if it has errors, you see the ad exactly how it is going to list, then you submit the ad if happy. So please do explain how this bullsh!t got through, there has to be a perfectly reasonable explanation
Old 10-20-2015, 07:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Oh, BTW that thread was back in 2004 and I just notieced in that thread SAAC had its statement position on Continuation Cobras long before SAAC had it's little tiff with Carroll in 2008. Ned the "curator" was wrong on that one too.

Here is the quote from the 2004 post from SAAC:

As far as CSX4000 and CSX7000 cars are concerned, SAAC accepts these cars as genuine Shelby American Cobras (as opposed to "original" Shelby American Cobras). The definition we use to identify an original Cobra is one which was, 1) built between 1961 and 1968, 2) at the direction of and under contract from Carroll Shelby/Shelby American Inc., and 3) sold by Shelby American or one of its franchised dealers. The only difference between original Cobras and CSX4000 and CSX7000 cars is the time frame in which they were built (1). However, all three factors separate Shelby’s current cars from all the rest of the Cobra replicas, AC MK IVs, COB/COX continuation cars, etc. So, to our way of thinking, the current crop of Cobras are genuine but are not original.

Statement superseded by Registry which takes the identical position in 2008/9 when issued.
That 2004 statement doesn't mean a thing, probably preceding or during the hostilities with Shelby.

Ned's thoughts on replicas must mean something to you, since you're perseverating on it. Ned has said "certain liberties were taken" with the Registry, which was published around 2008. And you're going backwards in time? Now it's the Year 2004, how about 1995 when they started the cloning process. Or even better back to 1965 and make your car a CSX3000.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TODAY posted on the website, even remotely saying that your car is genuine. Let's think about 2015, not a decade ago. And come on, provide links, so we can have context too. It's not hard, even you can do it.

Again, more nonsense posted that proves less than before, which was nothing. Let's call a spade a spade. It's a replica. And you've admitted to that.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
The SAAC board can change their mind and say Ooops were were all wrong and all that logical explanation, oh that was wrong. We're going to show that guy on Club Cobra since he doesn't bow at the feet of Ned Scudder and change everything we said about the Continuation series. Really?

Good luck with that.
The SAAC Board already has changed their mind. Read between the lines of what Ned says.

Quote:
Ned can say whatever he wants. Couldn't care less. He has an obvious axe to grind. Not re-hashing his statements as to what he meant or didn't mean. Couldn't care less. He apparently didn't read the Registry either in certain areas based on his statements. He is not SAAC nor the Registry and doesn't speak for them. He is one guy who knows a lot about the original series. So what.

Next.
For someone who doesn't care what Ned says, you sure do care a lot about what he says.

Ned has an axe to grind? He didn't read the Registry he took a part in writing and editing? You think he doesn't know anything beyond the genuine Cobras? Like the CSX4000 replica is splitting atoms compared to the genuine Cobras?

I'd find what you said to Ned insulting, but it's about how he feels about what you said. It's his perception, not yours that counts, because he's receiving your statements. Honestly, I think he's in your head and you can't get him out.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
And that's not an insult either right? Because we have a difference of opinion, I have really really low class?

Evan, multiple Rolexes and fancy cars doesn't buy anyone class.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey question for you guys in between insults. When the glass 4000 series cars were being made, was there an original used as the model? Was it a Kirkham? How did it come to production?
Larry
Old 10-20-2015, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"DON'T MISS THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN AN ORIGINAL SHELBY AMERICAN COBRA WITH THIS LEVEL OF DETAIL AT A PRICE YOU COULD NOT DUPLICATE IT FOR.
Call Evan Harris for details"

Seriously Evan, with your keen eye for the facts, the law, the registry - how did this fraudulent description get through?
Old 10-20-2015, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Evan, did you eat all the cookies? "No" he says, with crumbs all over his face...
Oh Evan...
Old 10-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Speaking of insults, I do seem to remember that whole "separating wheat and chaff" dustup, when you referred to a Shelby replica as wheat and the rest of us non-Shelby replica owners as having chaff. And then you tried to walk it back. Yes, I remember that one about 30 pages ago.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Also noticed you own a Unique. Hmmm. Sour grapes. Sad.
Why go there...?
Are YOU trying to get a reaction to justify your hypothesis?
Buzz has never gone there...?

Only you are making this a petty hierarchical issue of mines better than yours...

Last edited by Dimis; 10-20-2015 at 09:49 PM..
Old 10-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Evan employs a great strategy. Insult everyone, tell them they're erroneous, including telling Ned The Curator that he hasn't read the Registry he helped write, which took years of volunteer work. And then defend the turf that's left, but quickly shrinking, with 8-10 year old statements, which he can't seem to post the link for.

Facts, Fraud, Registry (The "Certain Liberties Were Taken" 2008 version and the circa 2018 "Sour Grape" replica-edited version), Logic, Ned The Curator and Revised SAAC Web Statement.

As Ned would say, "Let's call a spade a spade."
Old 10-20-2015, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wonder if Evan's wife knows what a total ass he has made out of himself talking about her car
Old 10-20-2015, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Anyone want to buy a car cover, I have one for sale...
Old 10-21-2015, 12:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

What it all comes down to is,rarity. The 60's Cobras are rare and therefore valuable. Even a postage stamp can be worth a fortune if it's rare enough. Then came the continuation Cobra's, put CS's name on it, and you pay more, in the hope that in 40 years time it will also be worth a fortune[ if gas is still available]. If Elvis sign your glovebox on your VW it will be worth a fortune too. Doesn't make them any better, just more unique. But because so many continuations were sold, [can someone give me a figure?]they aren't worth much more then a Kirkham. But if I bump into Elvis, I hope he signs my glovebox.
JD
Closed Thread