LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2016, 11:56 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
The AC/Autokraft cars have a special attribute in Europe in that they can be registered just like another 1986 car. That has a lot of value over there. The seller here could export it and still make money.
Absolutely true, no issues with certification, no need to make a newly built car be a "1966", etc. The AC MK IV was EU certified and easy to register in most places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I don't know - IMHO I wouldn't say that SPF Slabside is ridiculously overpriced. That is a really nice car and except for the body material, very faithful to the originals. It's priced significantly under what he has in it as the original owner which reflects these replicas will seldom be worth what it costs for the initial build. Assuming he has a little room to move on the price, if I were in the market for a slabside I think it would be looking at it closely.
He purchased the car as a turn-key driver from a dealer (not me) and it was not more than he is asking. This is a Superformance 289, not a Shelby 50th Anniversary car so not a $129,000 roller.

Of course there is some fluff in his advert, what original 289s had Top-Loaders (T10 was the stock box) and all Shelby Anniversary cars do not have "aluminum block 331s", etc. And correctly, red or tan interior Cobras had black dashes, we special order ours to have them.

Keep in mind most sellers are writing the ad to the great unwashed, not to the knowledgeable Cobra enthusiast. They already know what they need to know!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-17-2016, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Must be time to hit the Olive Garden there in Vegas.

Tony, not sure why you always veer towards attempting to insult and belittle me, but the psychology books would probably say that it makes you feel better about yourself, because life isn't treating you well. Maybe turn a new leaf and generate some positive thoughts about others. Honestly, I hope calling me a "myopic troll" makes you feel better about yourself. It doesn't bother me at all.

If you would have read an earlier post of mine, I posted an ACTUAL SALE at an auction IN EUROPE (England) for an AC MKIV. And the price was $94,000 USD. Not so special I guess.

As they say in Vegas, "read 'em and weep."
Well, here's how it works with children. Sometimes they misbehave. Sometimes they repeatedly do the same things over and over. Sometimes you explain to them how they are misbehaving is not OK. And sometimes they just keep on doing it and eventually a parent in the 50's and 60's would take that child over the knee and a belt would be involved. I've tried to figure out how to tell you that your a child as politely as possible...

Not only don't you like anything but the cheapest cobras but you seem to have a knot in your panties about Vegas. Always have to find something negative about everything.

It is possible you may think you're being funny. It's not. If so it's time to realize that standup comedy is hard and you should not have quit your day job.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 03-17-2016 at 12:17 PM..
Old 03-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well, here's how it works with children. Sometimes they misbehave. Sometimes they repeatedly do the same things over and over. Sometimes you explain to them how they are misbehaving is not OK. And sometimes they just keep on doing it and eventually a parent in the 50's and 60's would take that child over the knee and a belt would be involved. I've tried to figure out how to tell you that your a child as politely as possible...
I think we should just lock RodKnock in a closet then go out and have a nice dinner. If he's still crying when we get home, then we'll just hold his head under water until he stops. How does that sound?
Old 03-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Not only don't you like anything but the cheapest cobras but you seem to have a knot in your panties about Vegas. Always have to find something negative about everything.

It is possible you may think you're being funny. It's not. If so it's time to realize that standup comedy is hard and you should not have quit your day job.
I just post factual sales data, not someone's wet dream(s) about values of cars. You said Europe finds these cars "special" and they're worth more in Europe. Mr. Muck said he knows of sales in the $120,00-$140,000 range. Great, then post 'em up here. Again, the Internet is filled with words and occasionally facts.

The AC MKIV's may be worth more in Europe, just like CA SB100 exempt Cobras are worth a bit more to a CA buyer, but the last AC MKIV sale that I can find is $94,000. People like to drink Kool-aid when discussing values and asking prices, but anyone can google auctions and eBay sales to counter the BS. Are there sales in Europe of AC MKIV's in the $120,000-$140,000, maybe, possibly, but I'd just like to see proof. The AC MKIV posted here and on eBay has been for sale for a few weeks. I'm sure the seller is fielding calls right now from Europe.

Your child analogy is just another insult. I'll take the high road and not engage. And if you find an actual sale of an AC MKIV, please post it. I'm sure we'd all like to see.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

Wow - I almost walked by this one! Man, if you can build two complete ERA slabsides for $97k you really need to get in that business. A nice ERA finished 427 roller out the door (painted, 6-pin KOs, big brakes, good tires, leather, ERA rear, sidepipes) and with a 427 SO and toploader dropped in is probably going to cost somewhere in the range above $80K. And a slabside kit is more expensive than the 427 kit.

If an ERA 'Slab with a basic small block can't be built for 50K then they are wildly overpriced too.

Seriously, could I build them to SELL at that price? No. I'm talking about from the kit, not a roller, and doing all the work myself as I did with my FFR.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricopa View Post
If an ERA 'Slab with a basic small block can't be built for 50K then they are wildly overpriced too.
Everything in this hobby is overpriced. If you want a turnkey, everything in, all the candy, 427 car from ERA, you're knocking on six figures... and possibly just sailing on by.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I think we should just lock RodKnock in a closet then go out and have a nice dinner.
A "nice dinner" to you is a Quesalupa at Taco Bell.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, you’ve been a wonderful audience. I’ll be here all week. Try the veal. And don’t forget to tip your servers.

I don't care about the rest of you, but I'm laughing.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

You posted one sale that happens to be below the others that are advertised. When this happens, especially at an auction, it usually has a "story" associated with it. It's not possible to extract the history if it was wrecked but that single point does not establish THE price. Dealers in this type of vehicle won't put a price of 2x on a car they need to move. So get three more and maybe we can talk. Until then, it's just the typical doom and gloom.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 03-17-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Old 03-17-2016, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI FIA, 289HP (5-bolt), 48IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'm told that offers buy cars.

And I suspect that those dealers won't be selling their AC MKIV's any time soon either since the last verifiable European sale is $94,000. At least the last and most recent sale you could find googling.

The last couple of alloy CSX4000's were sold at around $150,000. Evan's CSX4206 is priced at $250,000. Shelby is asking $400,000 for a demonstrator 50th anniversary FIA, when genuine 1960's 289 Cobras have sold recently at auction between $750,000-$800,000.

IMO, there's a similarity or symmetry with those cars and their asking prices.
Really $750K to $800K, there must have been some real issues with those Cobras! My personal experience for buying and selling original 289 Cobras is $950K to $11M, a good example "no stories" 289 Cobra should have no problem selling in th $1M range. The exception to this are the Cobras are the purpose built race Cobas (FIA, USRRC, Daytonas, etc) which can command 3+ times the average Cobras selling prices.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You posted one sale that happens to be below the others that are advertised. When this happens it usually has a "story" associated with it. It's not possible to extract the history if it was wrecked but that single point does not establish THE price. Dealers in this type of vehicle won't put a price of 2x on a car they need to move. So get three more and maybe we can talk. Until then, it's just the typical doom and gloom.
Well, if they're worth more in Europe, then they're value here in the US is less. The one here on CC asking $120,000 may be on the market for some time.

If any more sales come across my desk, then I'll post them up. I'll make it my life's work. I'm here to please you my friend. But as far as I'm concerned, we have an actual sale at $94,000 in Europe that I'm using as MY baseline.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post
Really $750K to $800K, there must have been some real issues with those Cobras! My personal experience for buying and selling original 289 Cobras is $950K to $11M, a good example "no stories" 289 Cobra should have no problem selling in th $1M range. The exception to this are the Cobras are the purpose built race Cobas (FIA, USRRC, Daytonas, etc) which can command 3+ times the average Cobras selling prices.
Admittedly, these CSX2000's are I'm sure towards the "lower-end", but they're still recent sales:

CSX2023 January 2016 SOLD $748,000
1962 Shelby Cobra | Gooding & Company

CSX2495 January 2016 SOLD $797,500
1965 SHELBY 289 COBRA ROADSTER CSX2495 - 190063

These cars may have real issues and stories, but I'll leave those opinions to the experts. I'm not one. I have no clue other than the sales data points.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricopa View Post
Wow - I almost walked by this one! Man, if you can build two complete ERA slabsides for $97k you really need to get in that business. A nice ERA finished 427 roller out the door (painted, 6-pin KOs, big brakes, good tires, leather, ERA rear, sidepipes) and with a 427 SO and toploader dropped in is probably going to cost somewhere in the range above $80K. And a slabside kit is more expensive than the 427 kit.

Seriously, could I build them to SELL at that price? No. I'm talking about from the kit, not a roller, and doing all the work myself as I did with my FFR.
Yeah - that's how I built my 427 Roadster and I don't think you can get there with a slabside. And I bought my kit just prior to a price increase in 2010 I think. Fitted with 6-pins, leather, top, correct gages, bumpers, shifter, etc I'm thinking $65K absolute minimum with owner supplied engine, transmission, body work, painting, wheels, tires and assembly.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
He purchased the car as a turn-key driver from a dealer (not me) and it was not more than he is asking. !
So he purchased this SPF slabside new, in ready to drive condition for under $97.5K?
Old 03-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
So he purchased this SPF slabside new, in ready to drive condition for under $97.5K?
Yup! I have one for even less.....
Attached Images

Blue66, LightNFast and peterpjb like this.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yup! I have one for even less.....
Then he is using a little poetic license in his advertising. But - makes those MK II Slabsides an even a better deal in my estimation.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Then he is using a little poetic license in his advertising. But - makes those MK II Slabsides an even a better deal in my estimation.
What license? I will sell this for well less than $97,500! And this has date coded 289, a five speed and the Salisbury diff option. Ceramic coated headers and exhaust, original type coolant header tank and lots of small details.
Custom color, Jaguar Carmen red and tan leather with correct black dash! L/R vents, top, curtains, tonneau, heater/defroster, grab handle and mirrors still in the box (so we can mount where they WORK for the buyer) as well as whitewalls! Front and rear bumper hoops in the box can be installed.

And wait, there's more!
Attached Images

LightNFast likes this.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
And wait, there's more!
A set of Ginsu knives? If so, I'm there!
Old 03-17-2016, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A great looking car alright!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:11 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
A set of Ginsu knives? If so, I'm there!
Only if you call within the next twenty minutes, and we will double your order! Just pay twice as much!

Old 03-18-2016, 03:53 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
What license? I will sell this for well less than $97,500! And this has date coded 289, a five speed and the Salisbury diff option. Ceramic coated headers and exhaust, original type coolant header tank and lots of small details.
Custom color, Jaguar Carmen red and tan leather with correct black dash! L/R vents, top, curtains, tonneau, heater/defroster, grab handle and mirrors still in the box (so we can mount where they WORK for the buyer) as well as whitewalls! Front and rear bumper hoops in the box can be installed.

And wait, there's more!

How much with Kidney Bean wheels and blackwalls

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS