Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   this site has been hacked (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/137679-site-has-been-hacked.html)

twobjshelbys 12-14-2016 02:26 PM

this site has been hacked

I just opened it on my android phone and got sent to a Web site that flashes for a second and then tries to sell me a ransom app.

Blas 12-14-2016 02:47 PM

Yes, something is up. I got the redirect twice so far....

redmt 12-14-2016 03:23 PM

The banners are screwed up too. I'm outa here!

cycleguy55 12-14-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1411313)
I just opened it on my android phone and got sent to a Web site that flashes for a second and then tries to sell me a ransom app.

Same here - though no problem on desktop browser with either Windows or Linux.

Edit: I just ran a full scan on my phone using Kaspersky Internet Security (a.k.a. Kaspersky Antivirus & Security) and no threats were detected in the nearly 4,000 files it checked - notwithstanding the pop-up warning.

Al G 12-14-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1411313)

Getting the same thing when I click on New Posts. I won't be back for a while.

twobjshelbys 12-14-2016 05:52 PM

I think the site is infected with something that looks for the browser type or platform and reacts accordingly. I mostly use Firefox on my Windows laptop. I checked the site last night from my phone and got the errors but it went away. Today was at the doctors office (and bored in the waiting room) and I saw it again.

twobjshelbys 12-14-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al G (Post 1411324)
Getting the same thing when I click on New Posts. I won't be back for a while.

Yes, it was when I used "new posts" too.

YerDugliness 12-14-2016 05:54 PM

I got redirected a week ago, but now there is no redirect, just the regular CC functions.

Cheers!

Doug

dcdoug 12-14-2016 06:10 PM

I am just getting "database errors" when I try to view the "portal" link or my private messages. "New Posts" seems to work just fine. This is on a Mac using Chrome.

twobjshelbys 12-14-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcdoug (Post 1411329)
I am just getting "database errors" when I try to view the "portal" link or my private messages. "New Posts" seems to work just fine. This is on a Mac using Chrome.

Oh yeah, I just tried to open my PM box and got the database error.

I also noticed another "top ten" column went away.

joyridin' 12-14-2016 06:51 PM

I just got it on my Ipad. Blipped to some site for a few seconds and I hit the back button.

Something is wrong here!

twobjshelbys 12-14-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyridin' (Post 1411332)
I just got it on my Ipad. Blipped to some site for a few seconds and I hit the back button.

Something is wrong here!

I got an alert box saying that my phone would be destroyed! Then it went to what looks like the google play store for a virus remover. I just force quite it. It happened several times but only when I went to the new posts.

dcdoug 12-15-2016 06:55 AM

Seems to be back to normal on my laptop.

1ntCobra 12-15-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1411339)
I got an alert box saying that my phone would be destroyed! Then it went to what looks like the google play store for a virus remover. I just force quite it. It happened several times but only when I went to the new posts.

Using chrome on an iPhone and hit new posts opened a new tab telling me I needed to buy something to view the site. I just closed the new tab and went back to the club Cobra tab.

Brent Mills 12-15-2016 10:09 AM

I'm looking into this. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Brent Mills 12-15-2016 02:49 PM

I need a little more help on this...Are you guys still seeing this? I have not been able to reproduce it myself. I have made some changes however, so it is possible that I have addressed it.

DanEC 12-15-2016 03:25 PM

Looks better this evening. I see the latest forum posts and stuff in the home page banner.

twobjshelbys 12-15-2016 03:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well... I saw the site go down today and this was one of the first "New Posts" topics so I opened it. No problems on the PC (but there wasn't, except for the Top 10 things). So I opened it on my phone...Not so good:

First, this comes up complete with space age sound effects:

Attachment 29402

Followed by this:

Attachment 29403

Note that this does not happen every time, but I did have to use the "New Posts" to get it. It doesn't happen on the forum index page (or hasn't so far)

twobjshelbys 12-15-2016 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the redirect page that shows briefly. It's stuck now but I don't know why

Attachment 29404

1ntCobra 12-15-2016 04:02 PM

I have tried hitting new posts about 6 times without having a problem on my phone since the site came back up. I ran into the problem 2 or 3 times on my phone earlier today.