LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACademic View Post
And with only 60 miles, it's been driven less than your Kirkham.
Ya, but it's getting more difficult driving it out of the living room on a regular basis.
ACademic likes this.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcowan View Post
It's offered with a copy of the MSO, not the original. I don't see any license plates. And no mention of current title and registration. Could be a nightmare to register.

I wouldn't even look at a car without a clear title.

WTF? The description clearly states that an Ohio title is held by the dealer.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gtk View Post
Those door pockets....are all the CSX6xxx cars like that? I would have to change that immediately.
I've never seen mesh pockets like that. CSX6045 and all others I've seen have solid material pockets. Maybe the mesh is standard with a vinyl interior?
Old 02-07-2017, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
I've never seen mesh pockets like that. CSX6045 and all others I've seen have solid material pockets. Maybe the mesh is standard with a vinyl interior?
CSX4005LA had the exact same door pockets. Mine was a HST car. Could it be a HST build characteristic?
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2017, 12:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Decided to watch the end of the auction. Sold at $121,000 plus $5,000 buyer's fee.

Three bidders in the end. Surprised me a little considering it has a '64 top oiler with no receipts.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Agree..... Black is what got it the money
Old 02-13-2017, 12:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5USMC View Post
Agree..... Black is what got it the money
Probably. The blue/white CSX with the NOS side oiler and a better detailed engine compartment sold on 12/12/2016 and I'm kinda thinking the "two-weeks before Christmas" action might have been a negative in terms of achieving a higher sales price. Blue/white is a classic color combo.

The buyer is bringing it back to CA to register. That should be fun! I hope he or she goes thru the SB100 process.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good result for the seller. Black sold it, and only one properly exposed photo in the entire photo set to show off the black! Might have gotten more money if it didn't look like a jello pudding pop (: I'm surprised that most buyers for cars like these seemingly have so little care for lack of properly documented engine builds and recent sorting efforts.

Like it or not, the CSX Continuation cars continue to bring the money. Hard to understand, but if you were lucky enough to buy one 10 years ago you are a happy guy if you are now looking to sell.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gtk View Post
Good result for the seller. Black sold it, and only one properly exposed photo in the entire photo set to show off the black! Might have gotten more money if it didn't look like a jello pudding pop (: I'm surprised that most buyers for cars like these seemingly have so little care for lack of properly documented engine builds and recent sorting efforts.

Like it or not, the CSX Continuation cars continue to bring the money. Hard to understand, but if you were lucky enough to buy one 10 years ago you are a happy guy if you are now looking to sell.
$115,000-ish seems to be the going rate for fiberglass CSX's. Here is a black CSX (4813) that sold last year around the same amount. Now CSX6012 at $126,000 (w/buyer fees) could represent an uptick in the market (or not), since there was no documentation of the engine and the engine is a '64 top oiler. Maybe black just gets premium in the market.

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=36945.0

But I think all prices have risen with the roller price increases. Roller prices for Kirkham's were $50,000-$60,000 about 10 years ago and now they're $100,000. About the same for fiberglass CSX's.

Aren't SPF rollers now around $60,000 and about 10 years ago, I think they were roughly in the high $30K's low $40K's.

As they say, "a rising tide lifts all boats."
Old 02-13-2017, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
CSX4005LA had the exact same door pockets. Mine was a HST car. Could it be a HST build characteristic?
CSX6022 is an HST car and doesn't have those pockets (but I did install some under the front of the seat . Might be a dealer install?

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 02-13-2017, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
CSX6022 is an HST car and doesn't have those pockets (but I did install some under the front of the seat . Might be a dealer install?
My car was a finished car (power train install) sold directly by HST to a buyer in Mexico City. I recall them being on the "options" list at the time.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
My car was a finished car (power train install) sold directly by HST to a buyer in Mexico City. I recall them being on the "options" list at the time.
I think I remember them as an option too - I always thought they were leather, but maybe it was actually mesh. Although the door looks like carbon fiber, which I think your's was too, right? Mine is glass, so that's another difference.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 02-13-2017, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I think I remember them as an option too - I always thought they were leather, but maybe it was actually mesh. Although the door looks like carbon fiber, which I think your's was too, right? Mine is glass, so that's another difference.
The picture of the door is my car, and yes, mine was a carbon fiber car. I think they had two kinds of door pockets. The high mesh ones and lower leather(ette?) ones. I thought I had a copy of the order info (mine would have been 2008 or so) but can't find it now.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Mine came with solid leather pockets. They were an option but there was no choice of style or material.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
There are 3 fiberglass CSX's for sale on CobraCountry:

#4974 $120,000 (reduced)
#4803 $150,000
#4133 $135,000

All three have been for sale for some time. Interesting that there are no Kirkham's currently listed on CobraCountry. The last one I know of was 4pipes, which probably sold around its last and reduced asking price of $125,000.

I'd guess say $115,000-$120,000 plus buyer's fee again, but you never do know with a solid black car. They are very attractive to some, not so much to others who don't want the maintenance.
CSX 4133 is now on Bring A Trailer and bidding is @ $67,800 USD. The car is in Vancouver, BC, Canada. 1999 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C CSX4000 Continuation | Bring a Trailer
Old 05-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
CSX 4133 is now on Bring A Trailer and bidding is @ $67,800 USD. The car is in Vancouver, BC, Canada. 1999 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C CSX4000 Continuation | Bring a Trailer
That's a good looking car. The seller seems knowledgeable and realistic in his write up and price, for the most part.

The seller does say in the comments section that an aluminum Shelby engine is "$10,000 more expensive" than a previous CSX on BaT. Does that mean "more valuable"? The only problem with that statement is that it's not entirely true. While the car he cites had a 1964 center-oiler, there was another CSX (#4787) that had an NOS sideoiler and sold for $115,000 last December. And we all know that original centeroiler and sideoiler engines ain't cheap, especially with an NOS blocks. And many buyers wanting an authentic Shelby replica consider the original iron blocks more desirable than an aluminum block. But not me of course. I prefer the alloy block.

Black seems to sell well and his seller-speak seems to indicate he'll be reasonable with his reserve price.