Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2021, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 428
Not Ranked     

I use American Modern, which is thru Geico. Cobra is titled as a 66 Ford Cobra here in AZ. No claims yet, but there is a clause about use: club and car show events only. I am going to get a quote from State Farm now since we have a home owners policy with them.

Martin
Old 07-20-2021, 03:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

I have always had Hagerty for over 15 years now and they have always been very reliable and never a question about the claims. My only concern is that sometimes they do not have an agreement with some of the services in my area (towing), however, will allow me to pay the service and reimburse me after the fact.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 418
Not Ranked     
Default Titled in Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34fords View Post
Would you guys mind saying how your Cobra is titled ? I don't know if the insurance company's look at that but I do know the tax people do. Thanks
My BDR was previously titled in Arizona...can't remember what year, I think 2004 which is when it was manufactured. For some reason Arizona assigned it their "own" registration number and did not use the VIN stamped on the frame. Arkansas did not accept Arizona's numbers and reverted back to the (correct) VIN Backdraft assigned to it. It's now registered as a 1965 Cobra.
I have Grundy insurance...never filed a claim so can't answer those questions. Grundy insured it for what I paid, $39,000. $267.00 annual fee.

Last edited by ront49; 07-20-2021 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: add some info.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 351W
Neutral     

Maybe look into getting your car insured with a "regular" insurance company with a "regular" insurance policy...there are no restrictions (no mileage or usage) on my policy from Chubb.
joyridin' likes this.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique
Not Ranked     

I use Grundy Insurance. The rates were competitive and the agent I spoke to was very nice. They bill through the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, so Grundy must be a subsidiary.

I just sent in a recent appraisal on the Cobra and they insured to that value. Another perk is they have no limit on yearly mileage. I don't drive it a lot, but it's nice knowing there's no "limit".
Old 08-05-2021, 03:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastd View Post
Maybe look into getting your car insured with a "regular" insurance company with a "regular" insurance policy...there are no restrictions (no mileage or usage) on my policy from Chubb.
This.

Made a call to my agent. He added it to my
existing multi-car policy without issue or any special riders.
I was expecting this task to be a challenge and it ended up
being two phone calls and email detailed photos for declared
replacement value.
joyridin' likes this.
Old 08-05-2021, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique427 View Post
This.

Made a call to my agent. He added it to my
existing multi-car policy without issue or any special riders.
I was expecting this task to be a challenge and it ended up
being two phone calls and email detailed photos for declared
replacement value.
I have had mine insured with my regular insurance for years. Same deal. I even remove it during the Winter and leave comprehensive on the car and it knocks my rate down to about $200/year or less.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I had to update my insurance now that we've moved to Tennessee. Per a suggestion in these forums, I emailed Robbin Terry - robbin@midwestclassicins.com - not expecting much. But he just about cut my insurance in half from the other quotes I was getting for Tennessee, and at a higher agreed value on top of that!
Blue66 likes this.