28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree102Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2018, 06:59 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Naaah, I love my pusher fans. But that's exactly the point we've been driving with you. You have to learn about the different subtleties that these cars have, and then you can either dismiss them or embrace them -- that's up to you. Way more important than pusher fans is the fact that each of these cars has slightly different curves than the others. After you've been playing this game for a while, those differences start to look huge. And price and looks are not always tied together. I've always been a fan of the FFR "perky butt" design, but you might not like that at all. You really need to study it all before you make your decision.
hauss likes this.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Naaah, I love my pusher fans. But that's exactly the point we've been driving with you. You have to learn about the different subtleties that these cars have, and then you can either dismiss them or embrace them -- that's up to you. Way more important than pusher fans is the fact that each of these cars has slightly different curves than the others. After you've been playing this game for a while, those differences start to look huge. And price and looks are not always tied together. I've always been a fan of the FFR "perky butt" design, but you might not like that at all. You really need to study it all before you make your decision.
I like perky butts
Bartruff1 and NewYorkGuy like this.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
NYG, I forgot to mention that there’s always the Harry Potter forum so you “muggles” can compare wand and broomstick sizes, since you’re Cobra-less.
yup, I am cobra-less, so are you.

but I got a real shelby last fall ... 8250rpm flat plane crank! real title from DMV. Not a Poland import from Utah

Manufactured in the USA (with some chinese parts). haha
Old 04-25-2018, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
"Diamonds and brand watches" Everything you need to know is in that statement! "Hey, you must be 'cool', 'rich', 'important' or a 'Kardashian' because you have THE RIGHT WATCH!!!!!!"

When we shut off Niagara Falls you will no longer have cheap power to charge your Leaf and you will be reduced to using AAA batteries. Be afraid, be VERY afraid!

Seems to me you are working your post count up with spam so just who is the "post whore"?

While I may have MANY issues with Patrick, I will defend him and his misguided posts all day long against trolls like NYG.
hahahah.. must be a hard sell these days to a small audience with your old shelby stories.

Patrick seems like a good man, family man, but his taste is suspect. the double padded loops are goofy.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Don’t feed the troll and eventually he will crawl back into his mothers basement.
RodKnock likes this.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Don’t feed the troll and eventually he will crawl back into his mothers basement.
This is what happens when you free Dobby (NYG) from his master (his mom). NYG is free!
Attached Images

NewYorkGuy likes this.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
hahahah.. must be a hard sell these days to a small audience with your old shelby stories.

Patrick seems like a good man, family man, but his taste is suspect. the double padded loops are goofy.
But at least I do have real Shelby stories. But I admit I have no leaf stories!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/

Last edited by Mark IV; 04-25-2018 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: d@mn phone autocorrect
Old 04-25-2018, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
But at least I do have real Sbelby stories. But I admit I have no leaf stories!
He doesn't have a real Shelby.

What he does have is a vivid imagination combined with delusional fantasies, a huge inferiority complex, but mainly, he suffers from cognitive impairment.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
But at least I do have real Sbelby stories. But I admit I have no leaf stories!

cool, they will love stories at retirement homes. could charge $$ for speaking
Old 04-25-2018, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well they did it again! Found rollers for 47k {2017} now there gone! Someone please tell me what a fair price would be for a 351 stroker like new superformance would be? do not tell me 96k because then I know you are full of S..T{FRUSTRATION CONTINUES}.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I haven't seen a Superformance roller for $47k in a few years.
$61K (base) and up seems to be the norm.

This CA car looks pretty nice though. Sweet roadster model.
https://www.oldcaronline.com/1965-Su...e-ID840965.htm

And this site has a broader range of cars.
https://www.cars-on-line.com/shelby.html
Old 04-25-2018, 06:03 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
Well they did it again! Found rollers for 47k {2017} now there gone! Someone please tell me what a fair price would be for a 351 stroker like new superformance would be? do not tell me 96k because then I know you are full of S..T{FRUSTRATION CONTINUES}.
Old/Fake numbers. You're not going to find an SPF roller in the 40's. High 50's, maybe, but they usually look funny for some reason. Even then, it'll cost you another $25k to put a Roush/Tremec combo in there and have it set up right. Buying used is your only viable option.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sorry...who is "they"? A dealer, a reseller, etc.?

2017 is gone. I understand your frustration, but the issues you have are not with Superformance...or ERA or Backdraft or whomever, they are with prices that are in the past. In 1967 you could get a new leftover 427 Cobra at most any Shelby dealer for well less than the $7495.00 list price.

"Fair price"...to you one figure, to someone else different. Value is in the eye of the purchaser and each must decide the cost to value ratio. Watch a TV auction to see the ratio pushed hard to the "WTF" end of the equation.

The thread title should not be "Superformance" but rather "X dealer" or reseller. Superformance didn't bait and switch, perhaps a seller did. This is like saying Wal-Mart was out of .99 cent Charmin when you went twelve weeks later to buy some.

And to be prophylactic, this is not a dis to the OP, NYG. This is only the second direct reply I have made to him. I am so ashamed that I live in a barn with goats and chickens and badger people to purchase my "hot-rod, kit-car, POS, non plug-in fossil fuel burning plastic replicas"

Transmission over.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/

Last edited by Mark IV; 04-26-2018 at 12:43 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...a/2021448.html
SPF for $69k, with sb100. If you flew out there with a satchel full of 100 dollar bills, I bet he'd take $67k.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...a/2021448.html
SPF for $69k, with sb100. If you flew out there with a satchel full of 100 dollar bills, I bet he'd take $67k.
Sent you a p.m.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sorry...who is "they"? A dealer, a reseller, etc.?

2017 is gone. I understand your frustration, but the issues you have are not with Superformance...or ERA or Backdraft or whomever, they are with prices that are in the past. In 1967 you could get a new leftover 427 Cobra at most any Shelby dealer for well less than the $7495.00 list price.

"Fair price"...to you one figure, to someone else different. Value is in the eye of the purchaser and each must decide the cost to value ratio. Watch a TV auction to see the ratio pushed hard to the "WTF" end of the equation.

The thread title should not be "Superformance" but rather "X dealer" or reseller. Superformance didn't bait and switch, perhaps a seller did. This is like saying Wal-Mart was out of .99 cent Charmin when you went twelve weeks later to buy some.

And to be prophylactic, this is not a dis to the OP, NYG. This is only the second direct reply I have made to him. I am so ashamed that I live in a barn with goats and chickens and badger people to purchase my "hot-rod, kit-car, POS, non plug-I'm fossil fuel burning plastic replicas"

Transmission over.
first let me say I have been talking to the folks at Hilbank and have no problems with them . Even talked with the CEO . I have spent many hours on the net searching. The add I found said it was from them I called them and they said they had no 2017 models for that price. so yes could have been old add or just spam or what I do not know. FYI. 65k is a lot of money for a car that is a representation of a car.
NewYorkGuy likes this.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Everyone here is dancing on the head of a pin trying to be polite. I don't feel compelled to do so. The only way you're going to find a Superformance Cobra under 50K is if someone dies and a stupid trustee that didn't get an appraisal puts one in a garage sale and you just happen to be there. (Exception granted to one that has a frame in the shape of a toroid) Keep searching. I truly believe that there is a point in the universe where one exists but the universe is quite large and a point is quite small. And if 10K makes a difference in your purchase then you are overextending yourself for a toy.
spdbrake and BDR_Boy like this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 04-25-2018 at 08:47 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Everyone here is dancing on the head of a pin trying to be polite. I don't feel compelled to do so. The only way you're going to find a Superformance Cobra under 50K is if someone dies and a stupid trustee that didn't get an appraisal puts one in a garage sale and you just happen to be there. (Exception granted to one that has a frame in the shape of a toroid) Keep searching. I truly believe that there is a point in the universe where one exists but the universe is quite large and a point is quite small. And if 10K makes a difference in your purchase then you are overextending yourself for a toy.
Why Mr. BJ do you feel compelled to blow your hot air, with no real substance to the conversation? If you have nothing to add, shut the hell up! How was that for not being polite. Again I ask what is a fair price on a superformance cobra new.
NewYorkGuy likes this.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sorry...who is "they"? .....

And to be prophylactic, this is not a dis to the OP, NYG. This is only the second direct reply I have made to him. I am so ashamed that I live in a barn with goats and chickens and badger people to purchase my "hot-rod, kit-car, POS, non plug-in fossil fuel burning plastic replicas"

Transmission over.
yep, you jus' can't handle rejection, i dont care about your stories or your product. If you look at the start of this thread, you trolled me... again. You couldn't wait to attack me when Mr Hauss passed on your resale SPE.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
first let me say I have been talking to the folks at Hilbank and have no problems with them . Even talked with the CEO . I have spent many hours on the net searching. The add I found said it was from them I called them and they said they had no 2017 models for that price. so yes could have been old add or just spam or what I do not know. FYI. 65k is a lot of money for a car that is a representation of a car.
typical dealership - bait and switch - they put an ad for 1 car but they pitch sell something else similar and pricier.