Old 04-26-2018, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #347
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Only 65 posts over 5years?
With gold nuggets like this I feel you're not sharing often enough with us.
I still gotta work for a living so I don't generally have much time to rack up my post count. But, my username is the same on all the boards I've been on over the years in case you want to go "digging for gold".
Old 04-26-2018, 04:05 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vntgspd View Post
I still gotta work for a living so I don't generally have much time to rack up my post count. But, my username is the same on all the boards I've been on over the years in case you want to go "digging for gold".
Ehhhh, don't worry about it. I'll spot you 10k posts to get you by for a while.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
Hauss, what you are saying is that you want a perfect car but they are just too expensive? What others have said is just wait, hope, pray even? Maybe that magic will come together and you'll get that dream car for a song. You contacted me about my BDR for sale quite a while ago and had many questions that I was happy to answer. Then, out of the blue, you sent me an email saying that your friend told you that an older BDR was only worth $30K. At that time I realized you were working, living in, some different dimension. To make an arbitrary statement such as that was proof to me that you were not a serious contender and frankly, don't know what you want, nor do you understand value. Then you followed up with, " I see your car is still for sale, maybe my friend was right?" For the record, I have not advertised selling the car anywhere else but here. And I have not been aggressively doing so, just answering questions. All that said, this post has been interesting!
Also, for the record, before I bought this car I spoke to my local Cobra club president and asked him about all brands of Cobra kit cars. His opinion was that there are pros and cons to all manufacturers but the most important factor was how well the car is put together. My car is the third Cobra built by my mechanic/builder. His last was a factory 5 that won 4 or 5 trophy's, including "best engineered car" at an all Cobra show at the Anaheim Convention Center. there were over 200 cars at that meet and he feels this one is the best yet.
PeteM
Ok petem. First I told you the truth I am disabled from a motorcycle crash! 2 It would take time for me to get funds from my retirement account 3 why are you airing this instead of calling me personally 4 You told me you could wait then all the sudden you had to sell right away.5 If you did not like my offer you could counter offer also You told me you wanted 50k for your car then listed it for 42k so 30k is my offer . you see folks this is why you wait
Old 04-26-2018, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2008 Backdraft Cobra, which I purchased from the original owner this past August
Not Ranked     

Hauss, what I told you is that FINISHED I would ask 50K. As is, mostly cosmetic details, less. Yes, $42K is a reasonable amount considering there is $80K plus invested and it is brand new, as in, zero miles. Again, you said it was only worth 30K based on your friends advice which is absurd. I would give it to charity before selling that cheap.
Pete
Old 04-26-2018, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hauss, what I told you is that FINISHED I would ask 50K. As is, mostly cosmetic details, less. Yes, $42K is a reasonable amount considering there is $80K plus invested and it is brand new, as in, zero miles. Again, you said it was only worth 30K based on your friends advice which is absurd. I would give it to charity before selling that cheap.
Pete
Huh? $80K plus worth and the replica is still unfinished?
hauss likes this.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I have an idea. Hauss and new you guy should split a cobra.
RCSC likes this.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Pete
pete I belive it was you who sent me the pm first .Also I did tell you I liked your car from the pictures you sent. I am sorry for not knowing everything there is to know about cobras.Everything I have told you is 100% true I believe you are a good guy so lets stay friends and stop posting crap.It will not do either of us any good.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I have an idea. Hauss and new you guy should split a cobra.
We have a better idea YOU SHUT UP!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:23 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

That last message, Mr. Hauss, you may regret that. This is not how we act on this site, we are here, for many different thing's but personal attack's are not one of them.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
That last message, Mr. Hauss, you may regret that. This is not how we act on this site, we are here, for many different thing's but personal attack's are not one of them.
REALY! You are what is wrong with the world today my friend
Old 04-27-2018, 03:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Lol! Watch out guys - right about now Jamo is likely tamping some rock salt into the ol' blunderbuss.
Ron61, Gaz64 and Alfa02 like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-27-2018, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

hauss and NYC are on extended leaves of absence...

Thread is hanging...well, by a thread.
Ron61, cycleguy55, BDR_Boy and 2 others like this.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:14 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
This is like a family, we can rag and b!tch about them but if an outsider does, WATCH OUT!
cycleguy55 and hauss like this.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 04-27-2018, 09:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

So I guess this thread will have to remain a cliffhanger. Will we ever get closure on whether hauss purchased an SPF or motorhome?

I hate when a new TV show that I like is canceled after just a few episodes and then the audience is left without a conclusion.

Thank goodness JK Rowling finished the Harry Potter series. However, I still think Harry should not have destroyed the “Elder Wand.”
Old 04-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

No worries smartass...closed...it never happened.
Ron61 and eschaider like this.