LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Lol, don't be upset cause u have a barn in the sticks with no customers and the bank owns your cars. Mr Hauss passed on your sales pitch.
When you find a bank that will finance a roller be sure to call me. Better check outside esomeone unplugged your leaf.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/

Last edited by Mark IV; 04-17-2018 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: Spellunk
Old 04-17-2018, 12:35 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I've heard here on CC that ERA has the same level of customer service.
I don't think Bob has ever sent me a bill for any of the stuff that he's sent me over the years, but I don't like to post that too much just in case he's supposed to be billing me. Nothing I like more than getting something for free that I don't deserve in the first place.

hauss -- When I say a "list" of the stuff you want, I'm thinking of things like bolt-on wheels versus pin-drives (or you don't know the difference or you don't care), what sort of engine you want, transmission, gauges, upholstery/top, roll bars, independent rear suspension, glass versus aluminum, whether you want a beige color, powder coating, and on and on. If you don't know the answer to any of this stuff, then that's ok, but it means you should spend some time researching it all before you make a decision because you will almost certainly make a mistake if you don't.
NewYorkGuy and hauss like this.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
When you finx bank that will finance a roller be shre to call me. Better check outside esomeone unplugged your leaf.
better grab some brochures and hit up the retirement home before they close for visitors.
Mr Hauss passed on your sales pitch. Accept rejection. He doesn't want your car.

Last edited by NewYorkGuy; 04-17-2018 at 12:52 PM..
Old 04-17-2018, 01:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Lol, don't be upset cause u have a barn in the sticks with no customers and the bank owns your cars. Mr Hauss passed on your sales pitch.
Sticks? Clarence Center, NY looks like a good looking well-to-do suburb of Buffalo, NY, roughly 30 minutes outside of Buffalo. Sometimes as you age, have a family, retire, etc., you leave the "bright lights big city" behind.

Giving advice to prospective Cobra replica buyers when you haven't owned one, or, in fact, driven one for more than a block or two, is not advice I'd want to listen to, if I were the OP.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I don't think Bob has ever sent me a bill for any of the stuff that he's sent me over the years, but I don't like to post that too much just in case he's supposed to be billing me. Nothing I like more than getting something for free that I don't deserve in the first place.
I should edit my previous post to reflect that I've never received a bill either from Kirkham for the couple issues over the years, including the most recent item, which wasn't cheap, if I had to buy it on the open market.

In fact, I had begun to look around to buy this item, but Kirkham quickly took care of me w/o a moan or whine from me. That's a strange feeling.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     
Default list ???

Quote:
Naah, more of a "nightmare avoider." Lay out your list for us and we'll all try and help you.
Started out wanting the traditional blue with white strips but, red with stripes is nice also. That being said other colors would be acceptable, Just as long as paint is in good condition. Some cars I have seen look like they have been rode hard and put away wet.I am looking for the one who"s owner cared for it, the way I would .ERA, Superfomance, Backdraft, are the ones I have mostly been looking at. Need a sb-100 car prefer 427 stroker and independent suspension .Backdraft would be my last choice it would have to be a exceptional car for a really good price . Not trying to offend anyone this is my list hope this helps
Old 04-17-2018, 02:36 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Alright, do you find the positioning of the SPF radiator, pedal orientation, and wiper swing disconcerting or can you live with it?
Old 04-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Most ERA's have FE's.

Most Superformance's and Backdraft's have small blocks, generally stroked Windsors.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Most ERA's have FE's.

Most Superformance's and Backdraft's have small blocks, generally stroked Windsors.
Yep, if he doesn't have an issue with the "looks" of an SPF, then that would be my recommendation.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

I'm just guessing... but I would guess the SB100 he's referring to isn't small block... it's a California Senate Bill 100 California Renewables Portfolio Standard Program: emissions of greenhouse gases.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Aren't there like a dozen SPF cars, blue with white stripes with stroker SBF engine on Cobra country at most any given time? Should be easy to locate one of those.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR_Boy View Post
I'm just guessing... but I would guess the SB100 he's referring to isn't small block... it's a California Senate Bill 100 California Renewables Portfolio Standard Program: emissions of greenhouse gases.
Kinda right, kinda wrong, although I only just perused the current SB100 regarding renewables, energy, etc. I don't believe this new(er) bill relates to Cobra replicas and emission exemptions.

The original SB100 (SPCNS - Specially Constructed Vehicles) for emission exemptions for our replicas dates back to 2001.

The OP wants a Cobra with the SB100/SPCNS exemption, so (s)he doesn't have to go through the process and I don't blame him/her having gone through it myself back in 2006-2007.
BDR_Boy and hauss like this.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:54 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sticks? Clarence Center, NY looks like a good looking well-to-do suburb of Buffalo, NY, roughly 30 minutes outside of Buffalo. Sometimes as you age, have a family, retire, etc., you leave the "bright lights big city" behind.

Giving advice to prospective Cobra replica buyers when you haven't owned one, or, in fact, driven one for more than a block or two, is not advice I'd want to listen to, if I were the OP.
You are correct, this is a second-ring suburb that has gone from rural/farming to multi-million dollar homes. One of the highest income averages in the area. I could name some well known, wealthy people who live here at least part time.

And why is NYG fixated on me and the OP? I posted a car that is available and made no further posts regarding this and the OP. I would assume the OP had no interest in the car so I posted nothing further related to the offer.

NYG seems to think we operate out of a chicken coop. Perhaps we don't have have the high dollar Rodeo Drive setup of some, but we do just fine. What I do not understand is what he is doing here other than trolling. He thinks Cobras are "hot rod, kit cars" and since he really has no chance of owning one he must denigrate those who have sincere interest in one.
jolsen42, 1795 and Alfa02 like this.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yep, if he doesn't have an issue with the "looks" of an SPF, then that would be my recommendation.
I'd bet the radiator, pedals, wipers, etc. aren't going to be a roadblock to buying an SPF for "hauss."

And as 66gtk says, a blue/white or red/white SPF should be very easy to locate, and even getting one with the SB100 exemption should not be a problem either.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Alright, do you find the positioning of the SPF radiator, pedal orientation, and wiper swing disconcerting or can you live with it?
The wiper swing can be changed, we have a kit for it. There is a reason it is done as it is.

The top hinged pedals cannot be changed however as a friend with an original CSX3000 street under car exhaust found out, the pedal pivot shaft runs close to the exhaust and after a couple of hours on a hot day he had an "AC" logo imprinted on the bottom of his sneakers.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:02 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
NYG seems to think we operate out of a chicken coop. Perhaps we don't have have the high dollar Rodeo Drive setup of some, but we do just fine. What I do not understand is what he is doing here other than trolling. He thinks Cobras are "hot rod, kit cars" and since he really has no chance of owning one he must denigrate those who have sincere interest in one.
Ahhh, be nice to NYG. When attacked, he tends to become taciturn, and I so enjoy his posts. Now, how 'bout those gratuitous shots I took at SPF cars?
NewYorkGuy likes this.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You are correct, this is a second-ring suburb that has gone from rural/farming to multi-million dollar homes. One of the highest income averages in the area. I could name some well known, wealthy people who live here at least part time.

And why is NYG fixated on me and the OP? I posted a car that is available and made no further posts regarding this and the OP. I would assume the OP had no interest in the car so I posted nothing further related to the offer.

NYG probably had a little "down time" in between kitty litter runs to the Petco store in Midtown.
NewYorkGuy likes this.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Kinda right, kinda wrong, although I only just perused the current SB100 regarding renewables, energy, etc. I don't believe this new(er) bill relates to Cobra replicas and emission exemptions.

The original SB100 (SPCNS - Specially Constructed Vehicles) for emission exemptions for our replicas dates back to 2001.

The OP wants a Cobra with the SB100/SPCNS exemption, so (s)he doesn't have to go through the process and I don't blame him/her having gone through it myself back in 2006-2007.
Thanks for the clarification... good to know. As stated... I was just spitballing...
RodKnock likes this.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
When attacked, he tends to become taciturn, and I so enjoy his posts.
You must prefer "counter punchers" then.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You must prefer "counter punchers" then.
Why would anyone with any sense punch a counter? That seems like a sure-fire way to break your hand.
Closed Thread