LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2018, 09:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Hang in there, Mr Hauss. Don't let online cobra bullies tell you how to spend your money, or rush you into a purchase. It's a buyers market.
"Online Cobra bullies"? Meeeow

I honestly think he should buy the motorhome. Does that make me an "Online Motorhome Bully"?

Speaking of felines, I think you should go check the mail and see if there's a coupon there for cat supplies at Midtown Petco.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Don't be impressed by Mr. Jeopardy Reject, he can't do a muscle-up nor can he do pistols and butterfly kips.
Butterfly kips?!? Didn't Bob Carlisle have a song about them?

Old 04-20-2018, 09:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
I don't even own a wrench ....the Superformance I had for years was a very simple car, dependable and trouble free.....they have no power or abs brakes, no power steering or windows, no power top, or anything....compared to a modern car they are simple to repair or maintain. Very very basic almost like a 1940's car...
I own an awesome tool set, "my old man is a TV repairman," but more importantly, I have a credit card and a check book too.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Yep, if you want to get your Cobra repaired, butterfly kisses is probably as good a first step as any.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Yep, if you want to get your Cobra repaired, butterfly kisses is probably as good a first step as any.
Are you posting again this year from your 420 celebration?
Old 04-20-2018, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
"Online Cobra bullies"? Meeeow

I honestly think he should buy the motorhome. Does that make me an "Online Motorhome Bully"?

Speaking of felines, I think you should go check the mail and see if there's a coupon there for cat supplies at Midtown Petco.
Here we go again, mr Rodknock will post 50x, serial poster.

I will be in midtown today, not to petco but seeing Harry Potter on Broadway. Same subway fare, will check out david bowie murals in soho.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I will be in midtown today, not to petco but seeing Harry Potter on Broadway.
Don't forget to bring your wand and broomstick.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     
Default cabin fever

Boy! I thought I was in bad shape after crashing breaking my hip and back on my dirt bike and having to be air lifted out of the Mojave desert about five months ago. I just wish I could find a superformance blue white stripes 351 stroked to 427 like new sb-100 in California for 65k! Then I would not be hanging around hear listening to all you so called cobra owners *****in and complaining about every little thing ! Get your asses out and go drive your freaking cars !
Old 04-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
I just wish I could find a superformance blue white stripes 351 stroked to 427 like new sb-100 in California for 65k!
Seriously, you won't have to wait too long. Just sit tight, with Spring and Summer, you'll find more on the market.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Seriously, you won't have to wait too long. Just sit tight, with Spring and Summer, you'll find more on the market.
Good advice, and with every passing day that desire of yours will wane. With a little luck, in time you won't want one at all.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
Already called him he is full of s..t !
I think the color combo and SB100 exemption should be relatively easy to find here in CA in the next few months, but finding a seller who's NOT full of $hit, especially a Cobra seller, could prove difficult.
66gtk and BDR_Boy like this.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:34 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I think the color combo and SB100 exemption should be relatively easy to find here in CA in the next few months, but finding a seller who's NOT full of $hit, especially a Cobra seller, could prove difficult.
Nope, I've come full circle. I think a Cobra is absolutely, positively the wrong choice for him. A Corvette, Porsche, or better yet, an old Mercedes convertible... but not a Cobra.
BDR_Boy likes this.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

I'm still thinking a motorhome ...

Ed
BDR_Boy likes this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nope, I've come full circle. I think a Cobra is absolutely, positively the wrong choice for him. A Corvette, Porsche, or better yet, an old Mercedes convertible... but not a Cobra.
A vintage air-cooled Porsche is only for the most cultured among us.

You must mean a Boxster, Cayman or Cayenne for the less sophisticated part of our society.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:38 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You must mean a Boxster, Cayman or Cayenne for the less sophisticated part of our society.
Nope, if it was good enough for Janis, it's good enough for hauss.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hauss,
It would be easy to read this as an attempt to insult, but knowing Patrick as we do he's actually trying to help you.

Owning/driving a cobra is a little bit like owning a yatch.
By that I mean the image of a yatch on the calm sea drifting peacefully toward the sunset seems appealing and idyllic.
But in reality it can be anything but. The boat is rocking, your skin is suffering 3rd degree sun and wind burn, the sea spray is annoying and unpleasant, you feel wet and cold despite the sun burn, and you are feeling sick in the guts trying not to puke.

It's not for everyone. Only you can decide if it's for you.
These guys are not dream killers, they just don't want you to make the same mistake many before you have.

FWIW SPF are a solid option. At $65k and blue, should be easy enough to find, give it some time.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nope, if it was good enough for Janis, it's good enough for hauss.
Don't know the woman sitting on the car, but that 1965 356 Cab is worth a ton of money, although the paint job is probably just notch above beige.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Hauss,
It would be easy to read this as an attempt to insult, but knowing Patrick as we do he's actually trying to help you.

Owning/driving a cobra is a little bit like owning a yatch.
By that I mean the image of a yatch on the calm sea drifting peacefully toward the sunset seems appealing and idyllic.
But in reality it can be anything but. The boat is rocking, your skin is suffering 3rd degree sun and wind burn, the sea spray is annoying and unpleasant, you feel wet and cold despite the sun burn, and you are feeling sick in the guts trying not to puke.

It's not for everyone. Only you can decide if it's for you.
These guys are not dream killers, they just don't want you to make the same mistake many before you have.

FWIW SPF are a solid option. At $65k and blue, should be easy enough to find, give it some time.
What's a yatch?
Old 04-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is that the Palace of Fine Arts in SF? I used to hang out there.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jeez, you don't know Janis, you don't know CCR, I remember from a previous thread that you didn't know who Donovan was, when I had that thread where all my posts were plays on Traffic songs, you didn't get that. OK, I'm going to make it easy for you and go straight to Partridge Family tunes, just so you can play along.
Closed Thread