28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2019, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Enzo and Paula were the absolute best I supplied Them with most the parts that they sold I might get back into the cobra parts buisness after a 20 year absence.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

Some have posted about problems with timeliness and response time from Finishline, so I wanted to share my recent experience. I ordered a part Tuesday, got an order confirm the same day and received the part today - 3 days later.
No complaints from me!
Thank you Finishline.
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 08-03-2019, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE III View Post
Some have posted about problems with timeliness and response time from Finishline, so I wanted to share my recent experience. I ordered a part Tuesday, got an order confirm the same day and received the part today - 3 days later.
No complaints from me!
Thank you Finishline.
You did a great job of explaining the problem. Some customers get their items in a few days, some wait months with no contact whatsoever. That is definitely not how you run a business unless you are trying to run it into the ground. No consistency.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

I bought another Cobra replica (my fourth) recently after years away (this is my first post on CC in something like 8 years), and in tweaking it to my liking have gone back to the well of parts suppliers—mainly Cobra Restorers and Finish Line. It’s ironic that while both companies are still in business, Chuck Gutke, principal of Cobra Restorers, has since passed away and Enzo and Paula are no longer affiliated with Finish Line, either.

I’ve placed two orders each with each company in the last month; in the case of Cobra Restorers I received immediate confirmation of the orders and had both shipments on my doorstep within a week.

In the case of Finish Line, I also received immediate confirmation of both orders but then waited and waited for the shipments. With the first order I eventually resorted to an email, then a second email, then a voicemail. No replies...finally after a third email I got a tracking number, and three weeks after the order was placed I received the package. The same thing happened with the second order, although I was more diligent in pestering so I think it took less than two weeks to get. In all cases the items I ordered were listed as “In Stock”, so I don’t know why it was so hard to get Finish Line to box the stuff up and mail it.

When I was really active on this forum in the early 2000s, Amazon was just becoming the powerhouse it now is and free two-day shipping was a rarity. Now I think we all expect it, along with tracking info. In the case of both Cobra Restorers and Finish Line, the shipping costs were high if not downright exorbitant, and don’t appear to be tied to size or weight of the items being shipped. For instance, you can buy a single decal from Cobra Restorers, which could obviously be mailed with one stamp, and the shipping charge is still $20. Someone needs to make some adjustments to their ordering process.

I’m happy with the quality of the products from both suppliers, but either the people running the companies have not adjusted to the “post-Amazon reality” of retail sales, or are just doing it as a sideline and need to pay a lot more attention to their customers if they want to stay in business, IMHO.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:32 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@snakeyes, Tried to email you, but see you don't take them, A friend (EM-0785) saw this post and told me about it. I just happen to buy a JCF 289 Slab side 2week's ago (great story), to add to the Cobra collection, and I see you had one early on. I would like to talk about these great cars, if you have time. You may PM, and I'll give my Email, and or phone #. Cheers Tom. (Alfa02)
Old 09-06-2019, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Tom, sorry—I updated my contact email Wednesday after posting on this topic, and it locked me out of the forum, LOL. Sending a PM now.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

finishline belongs to cobra performance/cobra experience now
the online store has two main sections: finishline and csx-parts. I recently made an order on csx-parts and didn't get any answer for a few days, I sent an email to Emily Serb-Lambert and got an immediate answer, the order arrived within a week overseas! thats perfect!
Old 09-07-2019, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpjb View Post
finishline belongs to cobra performance/cobra experience now
the online store has two main sections: finishline and csx-parts. I recently made an order on csx-parts and didn't get any answer for a few days, I sent an email to Emily Serb-Lambert and got an immediate answer, the order arrived within a week overseas! thats perfect!
You really need to give us Emily Serb-Lambert’s email address...
Old 09-08-2019, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
You really need to give us Emily Serb-Lambert’s email address...
the mailaddress came in cc. with the order confirmation
Old 09-08-2019, 11:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpjb View Post
the mailaddress came in cc. with the order confirmation
Interesting, as I looked at both of my recent FL confirmation emails and neither had any address attached except “sales@finishlineaccessories.com.” Wonder if it’s tied to your order being placed through a different part of the website.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

emily@cobraexperience.org

She has helped me a couple of times getting an order “processed”. She’s conscientious and helpful.
peterpjb likes this.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I ordered some small parts today on the phone at 510 719 7199. They pick up on the first ring. I got the number on the Finish line site. The number is for Cobra performance. parts will be shipped out tomorrow. I asked about the finish line part of the site. She (don't know her name) told me Cobra performance has nothing to do with Finish line. She said finish line is still in business. She said the best way to get ahold of them was to call. She offered me the number but I said I did not need it because she had what I needed. She also said finish line is a one man band. I think my parts will come latter in the week.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
I ordered some small parts today on the phone at 510 719 7199. They pick up on the first ring. I got the number on the Finish line site. The number is for Cobra performance. parts will be shipped out tomorrow. I asked about the finish line part of the site. She (don't know her name) told me Cobra performance has nothing to do with Finish line. She said finish line is still in business. She said the best way to get ahold of them was to call. She offered me the number but I said I did not need it because she had what I needed. She also said finish line is a one man band. I think my parts will come latter in the week.
Curious way to run a business.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

from the Finishline website....

"Finishline is now part of Drew Serb’s Cobra Performance team. Finishline Accessories has expanded its parts selection to include parts for original, continuation and replica Cobra’s. In additional to quality parts, our team is extremely knowledgeable and staffed with expert Cobra craftsmen. Our resources are second to none. We have remanufactured many of the original parts and are increasing our inventory constantly. Whether it’s a tail light gasket or right front fender for an original Cobra, we can supply it.

Finishline is fortunate to be located in the same building as The Cobra Experience Museum, and proud to be a sponsor partner. Do you need exact details from an original Cobra? Simply call our team. We can answer your questions and even send you pictures from the originals on display at The Cobra Experience."
Old 09-10-2019, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If that's the case I wonder why I was told what I was. Do you have a link to Where you found that on the finish line site?
Old 09-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
If that's the case I wonder why I was told what I was. Do you have a link to Where you found that on the finish line site?
Uhhh, you mean like here: https://www.finishlineaccessories.com/Company.aspx
peterpjb likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Patrickt. This is strange. That link says there in the same building as Cobra Experience. Cobra Performance is but Finish line is not at that address. There address is 1300 Galaxie Way Concord Ca 94520 . On the other hand Cobra Performance is located at the same place as Cobra Experience at 777 Arnold Drive Martinez ca 94553. They have different phone numbers. Also when I asked about finish line when I was making a order from Cobra performance. The girl taking my order said they have nothing to do with Finish line. This was yesterday. So I think the internet site is out of date. has finish Line been sold off?
Old 09-10-2019, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

I think Serbs sold Finish Line about a year ago to the guy that was managing it. They still share a website with the Serbs’s website specializing in parts for original cars. finishLine is in Concord. The Drews’s business is in Martinez.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
I think Serbs sold Finish Line about a year ago to the guy that was managing it. They still share a website with the Serbs’s website specializing in parts for original cars. finishLine is in Concord. The Drews’s business is in Martinez.
but.... since about one year the cobra performance option occurs on the the finishline start site, before not...

Last edited by peterpjb; 09-11-2019 at 08:00 AM..
Old 09-14-2019, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

I just don't order from Finishline any longer. Problem solved. At least CobraRestorers will confirm and ship stuff. Enzo, you are surely missed. Drew, you have a broken business model...please fix it!