Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2018, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Real vintage turkey pan

I have an old turkey pan from a real cobra that had a race preped side oiler and I dont really have a use for it seeing how I dont have a cobra. I wouldnt mind seeing it go back to an original car but I have no clue what they are worth. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Post a picture so we can assess it's value., Please....

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 08-12-2018, 05:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Also keep in mind that “OEM real” is from single carb CSX30xx cars as all the rest did not come with this item.
Very rare and you may need to prove provenance.

Post pic and what car it’s from.
Maybe it should be with its original car?
Would be less than 40 made, no?

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 08-12-2018 at 06:03 AM..
Old 08-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Weren't the originals production parts from a metal stamping and tool place in Carson?

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 08-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Dan

Could have been, still scarce part with very low #
Old 08-13-2018, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Original carb cold air box

Gentlemen, I assume you are asking as you claim you have one for sale. I recently, about eight weeks ago sold the original cold air box to CSX 3009, the Essex wire, Sam Feinstein and other National A/P champion race car to a fellow with another National Champion race car. I first offer the air box to the current owner/driver of CSX3009 at a race track where we both participated. He thought $1000 for a very nice box original to his car documented with period photos of a small dent and other minor irregularities was too much. I also offered him the original steering wheel, the original seats, and the original set of real Smith's gauges, not current ones, that came from CSX3009. Also the original Konis that were installed in the sixties. The gauges and shocks had all been tested and certified but not cosmetically restored. The wheel is probably better than a 9 out of ten, also unrestored because it was that nice. It has been removed early on for a foam smaller wheel to race. Anyway the other original champion race car owner heard of the original box , called and the $1000.00 in Franklins was at my door overnight Federal Express the next morning. So in answer too your question , there is no answer. The original owner's car thought $1000 was a little too much and the second guy thought he stole the box from me. Go think.
saltshaker likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Another thing for Jeff

The steering wheel has the original collar spacer, and a Hella stamped turn signal handle-switch, with no trigger switch in the handle -1965 - , which also is clearly stamped on the face July 14 as a remember, 1964. July 1964 for sure, not absolutely if it was 14 or 4 for the day. Bob
Old 08-13-2018, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

The OP was asked to provide a pic to help respond to his initial inquiry. Here we are two days later with no pictures. Virtually every cell phone today has a camera. Is it possible this real vintage turkey pan is smoke ...

Ed
joyridin' likes this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ed, you're probably correct. If he posts a picture, I could immediately tell you what he has. I bought the pan from Feinstein in 1974 or 1975. He was finished with CSX3009 and had not used that pan much because his engine guy Al Joniec had redesigned a new front headlight ram air system. That's Joniec of 1968 Cobra Jet Mustang Super Stock Fame. One of many reasons 3009 ran so well, Sam a great driver and Joniec his engine builder. I did not photograph the pan as it was sold immediately. The buyer wanted it period. Didn't need a photo. As I remember looking at all the current offerings, the top sealing edge is different in the roll as is the transition from vertical sides to horizontal mounting base is also unique. Like I said the pan was in good condition as Joniec fabricated a replacement for his ram air headlight system. I could contact the new owner, he has a cellphone and I could probably have my little boy who is not that little anymore post it on the site for me.. Bob
Old 08-15-2018, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

I wish patty442, aka Dr. Bob, posted here more. He has very deep knowledge on originality, especially with comp cars. Have already learned a lot just following his rare posts but oh so much more to absorb.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dr Bob would ask fir photo
cdnus likes this.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 3020 Competition, 427; CSX 4385 Aluminum Body, 427; CSX 2096, 289
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsimatt22 View Post
I have an old turkey pan from a real cobra that had a race preped side oiler and I dont really have a use for it seeing how I dont have a cobra. I wouldnt mind seeing it go back to an original car but I have no clue what they are worth. Any insight would be appreciated.
I think that it is worth $20-$25?
But I may be biased and I don’t want to negotiate against myself while trying to buy it for my car!
1985 CCX and LMH like this.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Turkey trey

Haha you sound like me with the 20 bucks figure. I like your style. Sorry Ive been super busy and havent posted any pics. Ill throw some up later today. I appreciate all responses and I agree with the response stating there isnt a price. They are so rare the value differs depending on bank account and need or want. This one came from a machine shop in Southest Michigan where I live. I bought some Lemans rods because the owner of the machine shop had heart problems and died and his son was clearing everything out....for cheap. His son needed something to put the Lemans rods in hahaha and used this turkey trey as a box hahaha. I dont have a cobra and dont need it. Ive had it for at least 30 years and I just found it kicking around the garage a few months ago and figured I might be interested in selling it to someone who actually needs it.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:13 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Let me add my $.02 here. Sometimes money isn't the end all to be all. I deal in vintage stereo's to add to my Cobra fund, and have met people from all walk's of life. Rich, poor it never mattered to me, the love of the piece's, is the end result. The story of someone wanting, or having a piece from the day's, are what's more important. I could have made more money selling piece's that had more value, but doing the right thing, to me is my final reward. If this piece can by used on a "Real" Cobra, what ever monies are exchanged, should be fair for both parties, Getting the right piece's to the right people that is the final reward. Good luck to all & thank you for letting me share, Cheers Tom.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is the only reason I bothered to post this. I dont need it and even if I had the money for an original Cobra I wouldnt spend it on one. No disrespect to the car obviously they are beautiful and awesome but I would really like this pan to find its was on the rightful car once again. I would love to hoard it and stare at I appreciate what it is and how cool it is to have it but it belongs on a Cobra and thats where I want it to go.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As soon as the mods approve my pictures I have 3 that should post after they are reviewed.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

OK well here are the direct links to the photos I took. Lets see if this works.

https://image.ibb.co/iFgeKf/1.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/gSOgX0/2.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/nceDC0/3.jpg
Old 11-15-2018, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Any insight is appreciated. I know its old but im sure people have been repoping cobra parts forever so im not sure if it is real or an older copy.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#375, FE 428, 1966 block, built by Jim Coleman Racing Engines, Stratford, CT
Not Ranked     

Back in the mid to early late 1980's / 1990's as I recall, I visited the garage of Geoff Howard up in Danbury, CT to look at a used Cobra he was working on and was selling for the owner. While there, I noticed, in a pile of parts a turkey pan. When I left it was mine along with two supposedly original 427 door latches and a pair of pent roof chromed valve covers. My turkey pan looks quite a bit like yours. Geoff did not know the provenance of the pan or its originality other than it came from a 427 Cobra he had been working on which he was re-converting to a street car with underside exhaust, no roll bar and no hood scoop. That pan, the latches and the valve covers are now on my ERA #375.

Over the years I have polished it up with Flitz and it shines like a mirror although it is made of what appears to be aluminum. To the best of my recollection, the round holes in the front and rear as well the hand made cut outs for the linkage are essentially the same as those in your photo.

Again, I have no proof of the originality of the turkey pan that I purchased from Geoff. I wonder what happened to Geoff?

Last edited by 66AC; 11-15-2018 at 09:05 AM..
Old 11-15-2018, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsimatt22 View Post
OK well here are the direct links to the photos I took. Lets see if this works.

https://image.ibb.co/iFgeKf/1.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/gSOgX0/2.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/nceDC0/3.jpg
I have no knowledge of such things but they do have an age correct looking patina to them.