Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2019, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Ford Coyote 5.0
Not Ranked     

It’s a 1965 replica with all its problems. Would never trade or sell it. Brings a lot of joy
Old 09-09-2019, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance ford v8
Not Ranked     

I have SPO1400, and have had it going on just over 5 years (purchased used). The only problems that I have had so far (knock on wood) was the control module and the magnetic pickup went out at the same time. I love the solid feel, fit and finish of the car. I have driven it more then my Harley this year. In fact I have entered it in 3 car shows this year and won 2 trophies.

Last edited by snapier; 09-09-2019 at 05:35 PM..
Old 09-11-2019, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

Dunno....I built my car myself 30 years ago......i put everything new. I just rebuilt it n changed from RHD , to LHD, and replaced about everything.

EVERYTHING WAS STILL WORKING AFTER 30 yrs... I just bought new, because it will last another 30...my car has roughly 60,000 miles.
Rebuilt because I blew the motor.
Clutches , and Motors and brakes are not the supplier.......The rest are ......Gauges, Switches, should not go out if they are properly installed.
Its a car...
I can build you one also...I stand behind my stuff...always have.
I would post pictures , but this site and pictures....I gave up long ago
I have a total history of the rebuild in Pics ...and some Videos..???

Last edited by CHANMADD; 09-11-2019 at 01:45 PM..
Old 09-11-2019, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance , Roush 427SR dyno'd at 526 hp
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapier View Post
I have SPO1400, and have had it going on just over 5 years (purchased used). The only problems that I have had so far (knock on wood) was the control module and the magnetic pickup went out at the same time. I love the solid feel, fit and finish of the car. I have driven it more then my Harley this year. In fact I have entered it in 3 car shows this year and won 2 trophies.
I have owned my Cobra (SPO 1586)for 5 1/2 years (bought used). The seller was not very honest about the car in fact he lied like a rug. I replaced the engine, had the heater core rebuilt ( the a hole didn't have anti freeze in the car), replumbed the cooling lines, fuel lines , electrical systems and either replaced or repaired a number of other issues. Since then I have not had any problems and only replaced the rear shock mounts and got rid of the two oil filter setup by replacing it with an Oberg filter. I probably have more into it versus buying a new roller and completing it but the car did have the California SB100 certification.
I don't drive it like I stole but don't baby it either. However I am always doing something , tightening nuts and bolts, tightening the bits that shake loose , etc. You have to realize this is not a Lexus but a pretty mean and raw car.
By the way this year I entered 4 car shows and came home with 4 trophies. As they say "This damn car is so wonderful you can't believe it"
Old 09-22-2019, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPO2820 408W; former ERA CCX 3-3408 owner
Not Ranked     
Default My Superformance Cobra build quality is outstanding

I have had my Superformance (SPO 2820) on the road since early 2010 and have yet to experience any problems or breakdowns with the car. I think Superformance truly builds a high quality product. Granted, I build the motor from scratch and assembled the trans, bellhousing and clutch and installed the engine and trans myself rather than rely on one of those expensive installers (or much more expensive engine builders like Roush). But just the same, I've yet to experience any problems or breakdowns with my Superformance.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance , Roush 427SR dyno'd at 526 hp
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou1119 View Post
I have owned my Cobra (SPO 1586)for 5 1/2 years (bought used). The seller was not very honest about the car in fact he lied like a rug. I replaced the engine, had the heater core rebuilt ( the a hole didn't have anti freeze in the car), replumbed the cooling lines, fuel lines , electrical systems and either replaced or repaired a number of other issues. Since then I have not had any problems and only replaced the rear shock mounts and got rid of the two oil filter setup by replacing it with an Oberg filter. I probably have more into it versus buying a new roller and completing it but the car did have the California SB100 certification.
I don't drive it like I stole but don't baby it either. However I am always doing something , tightening nuts and bolts, tightening the bits that shake loose , etc. You have to realize this is not a Lexus but a pretty mean and raw car.
By the way this year I entered 4 car shows and came home with 4 trophies. As they say "This damn car is so wonderful you can't believe it"
Update: in a Car Show this weekend 200 plus cars one was a runner up at this years Hot August Nights. He was the runner up for Best in Show in this show I did my fellow Cobra owners proud . My car won the Best in Show