Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2020, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     
Default Home-bound Car Projects

Since most of us are hopefully staying home to avoid the virus, it’s a great time to do those little projects on the car that we have been putting off for so long. Let’s share some ideas and progress photos with everyone. Might encourage a few do do some simple upgrades and improvements. And pass the time.
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had a stack of steel stockpiled, so I started on a DragonSnake, made the body up last fall, got the frame in the jig now, don't know how to post a picture to give you guys a sneek peek.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 427
Not Ranked     

My scratch built independent rear suspension is starting to look like a rear suspension.

Lots of work still to do.

Hope everyone is staying well.

Cheers
Greg
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2020, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've created a jig to bend up the SS braided wire screen material and replaced the footbox air inlet screens on my SPF. I have also created a template and made a screen for the oil cooler inlet. I can easily reproduce these if anyone is interested if I can procure enough SS material. (Larger photo is in my gallery)
Blas

[url=http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/89828][/url
Anthony, krausewich and Alfa02 like this.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Next project I think is a position switch for parking brake lever position. Probably use a light not a warning buzzer. And may look into improving design of adjustment mechanism.
Blas

Old 03-28-2020, 06:41 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Blas. An improved e-brake adjustment mod would be something that would help me.

I'll watch with interest.

Cheers
Greg
Old 03-31-2020, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No one else doing anything with all the home Time?

Hitting a snag with the parking brake work, can’t get to a store for pieces and parts....
Blas

Old 03-31-2020, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Had to send my header tubes to Tubular automotive (twice) to have them re worked, the tubes that came with the CSX car were not even close. I think it had to do with the motor placement. I moved the motor forward about .75" using the Kirkham motor mounts. The way the motor was sitting the heads and valve covers were too close to the foot boxes and would have cooked the foot boxes. I have time to kill while waiting on moorison for my cross ram manifold to be delivered. The Corona virus has New Zealand on Lockdown, so I am screwed. I should get them back any day now, once they fit I can send them out to be ceramic coated. I will have them done inside and out a satin black color. The header tubes on the CSX cars and crap, so I wanted to make them right...
Old 04-01-2020, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

had to put it in the for sale section to get the picture to sho, not officialy for sale,,, yet, but, everything is for sale- PhotoPost Classifieds - 289 DragonSnake - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Anthony and cobrakiwi like this.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

Installing the following:
  1. new stronger lower control arms from Hurricane
  2. new front anti-sway bar
  3. twin pusher fans in front of radiator
  4. oil cooler and hoses (fake, not connected)
  5. start fitment of Lemans hardtop and side curtains

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 04-03-2020, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Power Performance, 64 427FE Top Oiler
Not Ranked     
Default Rebuilding Trans

I managed to get thru this past summer and figured I would rebuild the transmission over the winter. I ordered a rebuild kit from David Kee and rebuilt it this week.
When I opened the case two of the three syncronizer keys (3rd & 4th) where laying in the bottom of the case in various pieces and the bronze blocking rings where chewed up pretty good with bronze particles all over the place (see photos).
I took it out this afternoon and she's good as new. The rebuild went better than I thought it would.
Attached Images

Anthony, Blas, AndrewB and 1 others like this.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Nice work. Not an easy job, as a top loader is not the lightest thing to handle in a tight situation. I remember the first time hat I took a standard transmission apart at around 20 years old. All of a sudden there were needle bearings and gears all over the place and I was certain that I would never be able to get back together, but managed to do so some how.
DOORGUY likes this.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default My other home bound project

Here's a few pics of my other project. I recently bought a 1966 F-250 4WD for a restoration project for my son's and I. This will be a frame off restoration with a 2 year target date to finish. My oldest son is 14 so I'm hoping this will be his first vehicle.
So far we've rebuilt the transmission (NP435) and the transfer case (Spicer 24) as well as removing the front clip, bed and repairing the inner fenders. Now that better weather is here I plan on really hitting it hard.
Attached Images

Anthony, ERA 626, AndrewB and 1 others like this.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's a few more photos.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2020, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And a few more.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2020, 11:48 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cool project DOORGUY.

Have fun and stay well.

Cheers
Greg
Old 04-06-2020, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Finally got to re-wiring the '55 chevy, as none of the gauges were working

DOORGUY likes this.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 04-07-2020, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOORGUY View Post
When I opened the case two of the three syncronizer keys (3rd & 4th) where laying in the bottom of the case in various pieces and the bronze blocking rings where chewed up pretty good with bronze particles all over the place (see photos).
Looks like someone has been playing too hard !!!!
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 04-13-2020, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison
Not Ranked     
Default Blas

Your new screens look very nice , where did you find that style screen?
Old 04-13-2020, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The SS screen materiel came from Pegasus Racing Supplies in New Berlin Wisconsin. Screen is very difficult to work with as it is not welded just woven into sheets.
Blas