14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2002, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler '65 AC Cobra original replica, replica Ford SBC Engine
Not Ranked     

Fred,
Tried to e-mail you a couple of times but my server kicked it back and said it was not valid I also turned on my e-mail option for this site.

I have had no luck locating the frame# on my car - it hads a pretty heavy coat of paint on it and i just need to look closer.

I will look into the MGB upgrade you mentioned - i have the book -should have looked. If Ron has some of the upgrades laying around, i may have to get ahold of him and see what is involved in changing-out. I really dislike the stock unit, even though it rides very nice and has none of the shake that some of the other replica owner complain about. It is the weakness and lack of adjustability that makes me crazy.

Let me know what you fine out about yours (soon to be).

If you make it out in January, you are more than welcome to check out our baby. I currently have the engine torn down to the short block - putting in some hot heads and cleaning up the compartment some.

Roy

Last edited by 65 Blur; 12-30-2002 at 06:32 PM..
Old 12-30-2002, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

The "Significantly Setback One" has regular Koni shocks up front, with seperate coils...
Old 12-31-2002, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     
Default Roy---did you try on AOL?

I was on Adelphia for a bit, but it was frying itself periodically, so I switched back to AOL (wh/ I admit is also dysfunctional to an theatric degree...but.....). WHEN was this kickback of yours occuring? (Date is 12/31/02 for the next two hours EST). I would like talk to you---so if you want just shoot a call to (508) 564-4297...I also want to raise up Monster and Rallysnake...and any other Arntz Butler guys near lower mid-coast CA.

Keep trying, I will too.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Re: another contact

Fred,

you can also contact my good friend Alan at ahaynes7232@attbi.com. I helped Alan to locate and purchase his Butler, and making revisions to it. He is right in the middle of a motor swap now, and the rear suspension is coming out next. After that, the front comes out. Alan has two contact numbers of a few guys he hooked up with here at a recent event that also have Butlers too. He is a professional photographer and has some really nice movie footage of Butler cars over the years since he acquired his car. There are several features about his car, including the adjustable foot/pedal box setup that I really like. His car has more room from the seat to the pedals than any Cobra I've sat in to date. If you can't reach him by email, let me know.

Duane
Old 01-01-2003, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Roy, Duane----

Roy,

Don't give up on contacting me...several other people (including Jamo) have had things "bounce" back to them. This group would also include Jerry Goddard---yet ANOTHER Butler man down in LA. Did you locate Ron Butler and his number?
The # (805) 649-6000.

Duane,

Thanks for the lead---I've just e-mailed Alan. Where did you find the Butler? I would like to form up a mailing list of all Butler owners, past and present---to compare notes, etc.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Re:

Hi Fred,

I saw Alan today at Sacramento Raceway for the New Years drag event and told him to expect your email.

To answer your question...It was a fluke finding the car. It was sitting on consignment at a sports car dealer in Pleasonton CA. The people who had it on display with about 80 other cars just thought it was some old and tired Cobra kit with a dull paint job, sitting next to a few other shiney ones for more money... They had no clue as to what it was, or the history of this car and builder. (but I/we did). It was in the right price range, and it had the right components to match the basic needs for Alan. It has a few quirks here and there, but the foundation/chassis and other features on the car made it all worth it. Since then, Alan has decided to take the car to the next level. Alan is a great guy and will be glad to discuss it with you.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Duane,
Thanks. I hope he will find time----I'd love to hear a longer version of the whole story. I also would like to hear what alterations he's planning. I gave him my phone number. Keep after him!

Thanks again,