28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2003, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 427 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Does the paint job run on AAA or 9 Volt ??
Old 03-26-2003, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory 5 mk4 445 FE
Not Ranked     

Argo 1.. Rick is in our car club and I don't give a flip where we go.. and its usually 15-30 cobras involved.. the crowed always is flocked around Rick's "Creamsicle"..The general public loves that color!!!!!
Stoneville,NC

My ex car. Sad to see it go.
http://www.ffcars.com/POM/nov2003pom.JPG
Old 03-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Default oh yeah

Now I am leaning more and more to orange. Going to head up to ERA tomorrow and take a picture of that car and use a little photo shop editting to see what it would look like with different stripes. I really like that ghost stripe though.

The other orange cars are really cool.

Told the wife that it was going to be orange and she ante'd up a veto. I will have to show her pictures later.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Shelby Bankston's Orangeade

Here you go Shelby. By the way how appropriate is your first name???

Great looking car!
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter FIA style body with Ford suspension, 351W/396 by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

agro1 - So just what is your color of choice? Please inform your fellow members so we can tell you how we feel about your taste.

Bumpster
Old 03-26-2003, 10:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Raceral - I have no doubt that many people spend time looking at an orange Cobra. Did you check with everyone that flocks to the ORANGE Cobra to make sure they were gawking at it because it is orange and they love the color - Or did you ever think that it might be possible that the reason they are so enamored by it, is because it is first and foremost a Cobra, a Cobra that just so happens to be painted an obnoxiously bight shade of ORANGE ?? Don't get me wrong, I dig the paint, on a Dodge...A Cobra already screams "LOOK AT ME" - painting it orange only further emphasizes the owner's inadequaticies...IMO

Bumpster - What makes you think I care what others feel about my taste in color ? This thread is entitled "Orange Cobra's" - Thus, that is what I comment about - and that is what JWheaton asked...Now, personally, I like a Cobra that is subdued in color, just for the simple fact that it is already one of the most recognizable cars on the road. Painting it ORANGE, IMO, is an injustice to the car itself - It is already highly noticable by it's reputation, painting it orange is just a slap in the face, screaming, "Look at me, I'M ORANGE !!"

I let my sidepipes do the screaming...If you had bothered to look at my photo gallery, you would have seen my color of choice. It's the color that won Le Mans...
Old 03-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by agro1

Now, personally, I like a Cobra that is subdued in color, just for the simple fact that it is already one of the most recognizable cars on the road. Painting it ORANGE, IMO, is an injustice to the car itself - It is already highly noticable by it's reputation, painting it orange is just a slap in the face, screaming, "Look at me, I'M ORANGE !!"

I let my sidepipes do the screaming...If you had bothered to look at my photo gallery, you would have seen my color of choice. It's the color that won Le Mans...

Looked at your gallery and it looks like your car has some kind of pearl or metalic flake in it to give a high shine. It is a nice color but kind of looks purple/pinkish to me. Maybe it is just the picutre or the light. Not really subdued with all the stickers down the side of it. Someone might recgonize you as a billboard.

If you want your pipes to do the screaming you must have a turbo charged 4 cyclinder under that bonnet. Most Cobras have engines that kind of rumble and growl.

A toast to your color choice. I'll paint mine how I choose. If I choose orange I will try not to run into the law who may arrest me for carrying out an injustice to a replica.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well ya got me there the stickers are a bit over the top, but I like the "stock car look"...As you said, to each his own and I'm sure yours will look great.

The paint on mine actually has a bit of metallic in it (more clearcoat than anything), but the purple/pinkish color you are referring to was caused by the sky when the pictue was taken. It was sunset and the entire sky was lit up goregous shades of pink and blue...My color is actually as close to "sky blue" as I have ever seen. I like it, others comment on the color right away and say how unique it is...One female onlooker exclaimed, "OHHH WOW it's sooooo cute !!!!" Then I started it and her jaw hit the ground as she flinched and cringed at the high compression smack in the face -
Old 03-27-2003, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Someone showed up at the DVSFII last year with an orange car and it was beautiful... I think the guy was from NJ. I believe it was an FFR and he had painted it himself...

One beautiful car!!!! I don't remember the color of the stripe....
Old 03-27-2003, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

agro1... YOU remind me of this @$# I used to know when I was about 22... Her opinion was the only opinion.....Say you own a SPF..
Stoneville,NC

Last edited by RACERAL; 03-27-2003 at 09:34 AM..
Old 03-27-2003, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by RACERAL

agro1... YOU remind me of this @$# I used to know when I was about 22... Her opinion was the only opinion.....Say you own a SPF..

....right, and I guess those photos in my driveway are fakes. Nice try though. Jealousy is very unbecoming RacerAl...As far as my opinion, it is just that - I never said it was the only opinion. If I am too adament in stating my opinion, well, too bad jerkoff
Old 03-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

LOLOLOL
Old 03-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

(...ahem)... Al...Agro:

"jerkoff" and Brand-specific Mudslinging are violations of the Geneva Convention.

Be nice(r)

ron
Club Cobra Moderator
Old 03-27-2003, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Uhhh, Ron....I WAS being nice until RacerAl made it personal and implied I was a liar...I feel the "jerkoff" comment was quite restrained considering...Your admonishment should be directed elsewhere as I was only defending myself and my integrity...
Old 03-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Al shot at your car, you shot at Al.
Your even.

You both were included in my post.
Please, you both, don't sustain this.

...your integrity is intact.

...back to discussing an orange car.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Orange?

Round II
Old 03-27-2003, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok - I've changed my mind - I really really like Orange Cobras now...
Old 03-27-2003, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have no ntegrity .. I own a FFR with a stock motor...
Argo.. you owe me a beer at DVSF....
Peace be unto me
Stoneville,NC

Old 03-27-2003, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick's "Creamsicle" still has a hell'uva crowed around it.. everywhere we go... and in all of my years of going to car shows.. people don't hang around cars that are ugly..

Just for the sake of conversation, lets take a look at what was really said... below is what you said , Argo.....

"Raceral - I have no doubt that many people spend time looking at an orange Cobra. Did you check with everyone that flocks to the ORANGE Cobra to make sure they were gawking at it because it is orange and they love the color - Or did you ever think that it might be possible that the reason they are so enamored by it, is because it is first and foremost a Cobra

O.K. RIGHT HERE.. THERE IS ALWAYS MANY COBRAS AROUND, SO ITS NOT BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY COBRA THERE....

, a Cobra that just so happens to be painted an obnoxiously bight shade of ORANGE ?? Don't get me wrong, I dig the paint, on a Dodge...A Cobra already screams "LOOK AT ME" - painting it orange only further emphasizes the owner's inadequaticies...IMO

NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS FOOLISH, argo... YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE OWNER OF THIS ORANGE CAR.. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON HE IS.....

And Ron.. where did I throw off on Argo's car.. SPF are awesome cars.. everybody knows that....
Stoneville,NC

Last edited by RACERAL; 03-27-2003 at 06:17 PM..
Old 03-27-2003, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Al - Won't be attending the DVSF - too far for me to go unfortunatly Plus, Evan and I would have to throw down and nobody wants that Regardless, you make a good point, I do not know the owner - but you can tell allot about a guy by the car he drives...Ever see a redneck in a slammed '64 Impala with hydraulics ? Didn't think so...

I'll buy the drink, Makers ok with you ? I'll pour one for ya later this evening...Take it easy.