17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

"Hey, what year Corvette is that?"

No hesitation, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

"It's a '53, belonged to my grandfather. Just took her out of storage last week. She's sweet."

Hey, he's happy, I'm happy.

I made his day, I guess.

I know he made mine.

UT
Old 02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Some guy in a Ferrari Enzo tried to catch me early yesterday morning in Malibu, on PCH. He was getting close, but I think the car had more capability than he had as a driver.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharroll Celby
Some guy in a Ferrari Enzo tried to catch me early yesterday morning in Malibu, on PCH. He was getting close, but I think the car had more capability than he had as a driver.

LoL... I thought the news said the other car was a Mercedes ??

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)
Old 02-22-2006, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I guess that at 130+, all these lil' cars look alike.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As I approached a light on Kingsway the driver of this stock car sees me and lights up the tires and continues burning rubber until the whole intersection was a cloud of smoke!

Just the site of a Cobra seemed to be too much for him and he felt compelled to spend $100 dollars worth of rubber ... just for me.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 West Coast Cobra 351 Windsor 400 HP
Not Ranked     

Every time I pull the thing out of the garage she gets recognition.
I saw a guy in a new yellow Turbo Porsche recently, he stops at a downtown intersection so he's right in the front. Fifty people walk by his car and don't even glance. I'm sure that burned him bad. The Porsche guys wish they had it as good as we do!
I'm more intrigued when the Cobra DOESN'T get props.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Best in Class

I won the Best in Class award plus an Excellence Award at the Boston World of Wheels show in January. About six other Cobras in attendance, mostly FFR's and one continuation. Had to drive there about 5 miles in 20 ºF weather, but it was worth it. Hung the first place plaque on the wall, took a picture and posted it as my avitar.

Last edited by wtm442; 02-23-2006 at 05:09 PM..
Old 02-24-2006, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, Ford 351w 385hp
Not Ranked     

Last Sunday I pull up with my son to get some bagels. There are two front parking spots open. When I pull in, a lady sitting there drinking her coffee gives me a dirty look. I guess she didn't like the loud pipes. After we get our bagels I go to start up the cobra and it sets off the alarm on the car now parked next to me. This really gets her mad and she gives me an even dirtier look. All I could do is shrug my shoulders and Smile.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, Ford 351w 385hp
Not Ranked     

Last Sunday I pull up with my son to get some bagels. There are two front parking spots open. When I pull in, a lady sitting there drinking her coffee gives me a dirty look. I guess she didn't like the loud pipes. After we get our bagels I go to start up the cobra and it sets off the alarm on the car now parked next to me. This really gets her mad and she gives me an even dirtier look. All I could do is shrug my shoulders and Smile.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

Most recent: Technician installing a new garage door opener just stood there, mouth hanging open, staring at the Cobra for several minutes. Finally, he broke the silence with "Man. That's awesome."

As he was installing the opener, he would take frequent glances over at it. I was actually concerned at one point he was going to fall off the ladder. Luckily, he survived the "Cobra Hypnosis", and thank goodness for me Overhead Door wasn't charging by the hour.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I took my Cobra to a Car show in Indian Wells this weekend (just east of Palm Springs). The Cobra got its' usual amount of attention, but the car that COMPLETELY overshadowed the Cobra was parked next to me, a 1969 DeTomaso Mangusta. This was the precursor to the Pantera.

The Mangusta has the rear engine similar to the Pantera, but with center-hinged "gull-wing" engine cover doors.

The man's info sheet said that 450 Mangusta were built, and that approx. 150 cars remain as registered vehicles.

People absolutely flocked to check out this Mangusta.

(If anyone could post a pic of a Mangusta, please feel free to do so.)
Old 02-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

http://home.earthlink.net/~colours2000/
Old 02-27-2006, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you, Warren!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

this is pretty cool........just yesterday, before the rains, I went up the coast to a place in malibu/county line......."Neptunes's Net", where the bikers all go and some other nice autos.......and get a front row spot (lucky)! I had more biker guys, drivers and anyone who could get over and just give praises on the car!! Now, nothing new here, but to have all these GREAT bikes and still want to know more about this Cobra thing.........was a real flattering day, and , of course, i went over and viewed all of their bikes!! No matter where I went they stpped me and asked for pics, or just wanted to shoot the breeze......(now you know what is coming next, don't you).."SO, IS IT REAL??? My canned reply........I knock on the dash, or hood and say......"well, yes it IS real!" "It just is not an original. However, it is faster...., more dependable, and safer than the originals were, but hey, EITHER WAY, IT IS A COBRA!" After we get thru that, it gets pretty easy.......but they do love these cars and ABSOLUTELY no one ever poo poos the car........with one exception........as i pulled into Starbuck's, a guy looks over and says ,..."can you shut it off, the exhaust is bothering me"....so, i look at him , then his girl and all the other viewers......kinda shrugg him off as a numb nut........and of course, turn it off!!
( I think he was a bit green with envy, but that might be my take on it)
Old 02-27-2006, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1981 Aurora slabside 302
Not Ranked     

I stopped in to see the boys over at Classic Concepts were my car has been for the past seven months undergoing an almost complete restoration and...the car was in the final stages of detailing and ready to come home! I guess the logical thing to have done was to have it flatbedded home but...underdressed for the high 20 degree temps here on Long Island I parked my truck and blasted across the stark and grey landscape driving what looked like a sparkling red and chrome jewel! I can't believe how my nods and smiles and finger pointing the car got. It was almost a bit to much.But the best was when I pulled into the driveway and my wife stepped out the house to greet us with a big smile...she said the look on my face was priceless. I'm not one for material things but God I love these cars. I can't seem to stay away from the garage!

Dale
Old 02-27-2006, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 342 Stroker, 400hp
Not Ranked     

My wife and I went for a cruise around Sarasota, Fl. and was first at a stop light to go straight and a car's driver in the turn lane next to us started a conversation and was so excited about the car and just keep talking when the turn light turned green...just kept talking and the cars behind him kept blowing their horns until we told him he better go and he didn't realize the light was green. we had a goood laugh on him.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I had not driven my car since rebuilding the transmission. Saturday it was sunny and was 40 degrees at noon so I just had to go for a drive. I explained to my wife that I needed to start breaking in the transmission before going to the WSCB in May. While I was pulling up to a stop light a group of Harley riders and thier babes passed on the cross street. First one, then all gave me a thumbs up. When I pulled into a gas station to fill up they were just getting ready to leave. One of the bikers came over and asked me how I liked driving my four wheeled Harley.

Dick
Old 04-27-2006, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We were in Utah couple of weeks ago, just outside of Zion National Park. We had stopped for gas, and a tour bus of Germans pulled up and let all its passengers out. Of course, everyone headed straight for the Cobras, and a few of the younger women even got to sit in our cars, and their boyfriends/husbands/tripmates took lots of pictures.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/427so, ERA GT #2002
Not Ranked     

It wasn't so much recognition, but a wrong impression that was funny. When commenting on the high price of gasoline while paying my bill at the local convenience store, the clerk commented that I shouldn't be too worried about gas prices, what with the "little" car--427-FE powered ERA Cobra--I was driving.

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough HORSEPOWER." Mark Donohue