Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE-ROUCH 351W
Not Ranked     

I don't know that I am all that sensitive, but I am amused by people such as you. I don't know how someone who neither owns a Harley or a Cobra sees themselves as qualified to address any connection between the two groups. Since I own one of each, I have to think my opinion is somewhat valid. If you don't agree with my opinion I couldn't care less. By all means get you a Cobra and then perhaps you'll understand the deal. But I doubt it.
Also loved your little link, good work.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: stack injected 408W Factory Five roadster
Not Ranked     

Hey Steve,

thanks and here's the link.

http://mustangandfords.com/eventcove..._kit_car_show/

My car is in the 4th and 5th pictures.

Curtis
Old 06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Thanks Curtis. That's great, you don't see to many F5s finished to level that your is. BTW I love the IR FI. Along with your detailing, It really seems to separate your car from alot of others.

Randy; "who neither owns a Harley or a Cobra"? So I guess my Buell doesn't count huh? LOL Are you a foot dragger man? BTW, I'm working on the Cobra thing!

Steve
Old 06-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I took the Cobra to visit two friends who were in town for a few days and staying with their mother. We pulled in the driveway next to the house, let the motor idle for a few seconds so they would know we were there and then shut it off. A moment later, Mama ran out of the house, looked at the car, looked at us and said, "What the heck is that thing? It's rattling all my knicknacks."

Almost forgot: Does "Misrecognition" count? At the vintage sports car races at Blackhawk Farms, a 40's-ish couple was looking at the car when I came back from getting my ticket. We said "Hello" and then she asked, "Is that the car from 'Driving Miss Daisy'?" He couldn't drag her away fast enough.

Lowell

Last edited by Lowell W; 06-18-2006 at 06:02 AM..
Old 06-27-2006, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

This is kinda on-but-off topic.

My avatar, my Bosslady, has been having a rough few months, just turned 21, finally dumped her worthless live-in BF, just barely academically bombed her second try at college, and is having a bad time at work dealing with the Kids (under 21). She is too close to their age to give her the respect she deserves and has earned.

A really rough day at work today, a huge pizza catering job, Boss brought in many of the Kids early, most that I never see because they work nights, I am the Dawn Patrol.

As I was leaving, all the pressure was on her because the Boss was gone, the Kids were not used to stress and were all totally unsupportive little... whatevers.

I ambled over (Look, I'm big, and old, and scary when I want to be, mostly big and scary) and said, in a loud voice, "Sunshine?" (her other nickname) "You get off at 2, any chance I can get you to come by and take me for a run in the Cobra? You were the last one to drive her, the seat is still scooted forward."

I could hear the Kids' eyeballs snap as they locked in on me, they all know about Gunrack but never see me or the car because they usually work nights.

"You know I love your company and you are a hell of a good driver," I said.

The smile I got from her reminded me of her second nickname. The room lit up.

"Well, if I have time," she said.

The Kids' hands were frozen in place but their beady little eyes were swivelling between us, their little bat ears taking in every word.

"Since Brandi and Derik moved away, you are one of three people I trust to solo in the little blue car," I said.

"If you can swing by, we can make the drag through town a couple of times and you can take her to get the oil changed and go see some of your friends, you know, clean her pipes out a little."

Another dazzling smile.

Our little conversation broke the tension, the Kids calmed down, and when I left, they were treating their supervisor as they should, and with a bit more respect than before.

No, she didn't come by, but she will, maybe tomorrow.

With my trashed knee and trashed back, she is my primary driver.

It seems that you don't have to be in the cockpit of a Cobra to get recognition.

Just a little story.

UT
Old 06-27-2006, 05:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

Good on you, Uncle Todd.

Paul
Old 06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Great story, Uncle Todd!! That just proves that a Cobra (or its' drivers/passengers) are NOT to be messed with!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Some jerk with an older Cadilac is drivingf eradically around me thinling I'm impressed . once he got hung up by a car in his lane slowing for railroad crossing and as I approach he swerves into my lane (verry little room) and speeds away. I let him get well down the road . Probably all for the benifit of his passenger. Does he really think he could compare?
I can't get used to how fast it comes up on the rev limiter in second. I'll have get used to shifting a little sooner.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #967
Not Ranked     

Jdog... you got it backwards. I got rid of my whining wife of 25 years first. Then I bought my Cobra! Life is good, very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
I've only had my Cobra since last weekend, I brought it home on Sat. Thank you very much. So this evening after dinner I wander out to the garage to spend a little quality quiet time with my car, while my wife watches the latest episode of American Survivor or what ever on TV.

After about 20 min. my dear sweet wife of 30+ years comes out and sits in the car. She looks around the car and says:
"This is a beautiful car, If I ever catch you ****ing around, I will own this and my attorney will be driving it!" and walks out!

I think she knows!

jdog
Old 07-01-2006, 05:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Jdog,

Just in case, to help out, I would be happy to let you put the Cobra in my name. That way you can just borrow it from me.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-02-2006, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

Thieleng,

That is a great story, I couldnt get the image of a little 13 year kid sitting in a cobra with a field goal kickers helmet on. Kind of like Jack Niclaus in easy rider. Cute story.

Tony
Old 07-13-2006, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1591 / Perf.Eng. 351W/48IDAs
Not Ranked     

OK, I go to the local Ford dealership to pickup a Ford Racing oil filter...as ususal most of the sales and service staff come out to take a look. So as everyong is taking in the Webers, the sound, et al...a Miata with 250lb guy drives slowly by. One of the sales guys points to the Miata, leans over and says to me, "That's the female version of you car."

Chuck
Old 07-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Default pos

My POS replica FIA just won "Best of Show" at a charity fund raiser car show sponsored by the Olympic Peninsula Porsche Club.

The Porsche club raises funds throughout the year and the car show is the finale. The funds go to Seattle Childrens Hospital cancer wing.

Proud yeah, our POS replica beat out streetrods, customs, a few muscle/pony cars and a pile of very nice Porsches.

And while my POS may look great in photos or from 20 ft away ... 'cuz I drive it as much as possible up close it sure isn't "show" quality....surprised the heck out of me and Vic.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

G.R.

Congratulations! Good Job!!!

I drive mine a lot too, so she's no longer "pristine". Maybe there's hope for me if I go to a show.

"Rushhacker"
Old 07-21-2006, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The day I bought it I trailered it home. The car wasn't much at the time, it was built terribly.

At a left turn at a stoplight, a man in a Ford Taurus leans out his window so far that his waist was at the windowsill, and starts pumping both arms with thumbs up.

I get it home and my mom (i'm 19 at the time...) and friend Vicki show up. The both comment: "That thing is SO cute!"

Another neighbor, Paula shows up. She starts oohing and ahhing, rubbing the car (no probelem, it was still in gelcoat).

Mom comments, "Isn't it cute?"

Paula: "No, this is a real car. This car is BETTER than a man."

Mom: "Well, Paula, nothing's better than a man."

Paula: "This car is definitely better than any man."
Old 07-21-2006, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

well........it probably has as much testoserone as any man........for sure.................
fred....
Paula........come on.........late at nite........later at nite......car is cool.......but...............
fred
Old 07-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Most recent recognition:

Look -- it didn't leak oil today.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

On the way to the WSCB we stopped for gas and food in a place called Biggs Junction, the waitress, who I would guess was about 65, says "that's a nice Corvette sonny".
Old 07-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4995, Keith Craft built 427 SO
Send a message via MSN to 427SnakeSC Send a message via Yahoo to 427SnakeSC
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWheaton
Most recent recognition:

Look -- it didn't leak oil today.
As with British bikes, "They don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory."
"The 427 Cobra is easily the highest performance car ever sold for street use. A decent 427 - not the worst, not the best, will go from zero to 100 mph and back down again to zero in less than 14 seconds. All thing considered, you can put together a pretty good argument that the 427 Cobra is the ultimate performance car, judged on any basis you want to name." Taken from; Corvette, The Sensuous American
Old 07-24-2006, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superperformance, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

A miata is too ugly to be a female Cobra. Maybe a mid 60's XKE.