LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZCOBRA View Post
From my EX-WIFE....''You sly bast##d ,I knew you hadn't sold the bloody thing!!!".......3 days after she got her Divorce papers finalised and my son had told her that Daddy spent the day picking up his Cobra ..

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa
Old 06-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

I got "Flashed" by a gal in a Volvo.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Now, that's really spooky, because the whole time I was reading your post, I had the feeling I was being flashed too. What is going on here?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Wishful thinking? Your time will come - keep driving.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Stuart Little? Wasn't he the "person" in an ongoing series of skits at Saturday Night Live maybe, 15-20 years ago?

Back when I could stay awake that late. Sigh.

UT
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I don't take my Replica out that much. Mostly because I can't resist the urge to push the far right pedal down. As an excuse I proposed surprising my granddaughter by picking her up from her prom . As I backed the Cobra out my daughter said that is just a monster. I had my wife and daughter help me quickly wash the Cobra replica and I left to pick up my freshman grandaughter from a highschool senior prom in downtown Tacoma. I left plenty early so the side pipes would be well cooled when she came out. As I was pulling up to the entrance to I-5 a girl in a pasing car yelld out that she loved me. I drove directly there as I had been part of the drop off crew then we went out to eat.
I drove past the security cops and backed into a spot at the top end of the lot close to and in view of the exit door. When the crowd started comming out, Only a few took notice of the parked and quiet car but their reactions were engouraging. My granddaughter came out late as allmost everyone had left. She said see had to talk to her friend ( who is senior and a Japenese foreign exchange student) with her host parents. Then my granddaughter just grabbed up her formal dress and climbed in . The side pipes were cooled but I was prepaired to help her over to make sure there was no contact of her dress and hot pipes. I had burnt my hand one week and melted a hole in my shorts the next weekend before this occassion. I had brought a large hooded sweat shirt to cover her upper body and arms and a scarf for her hair for the ride home. She put on the large sweat shirt but refused the scarf and off we went. I May not have been the best example for a young person that has yet to learn how to drive but she had a blast. I think she was smileing almost as much as me. I drove her straight home so she could get ready for an after party that didnt happen after all.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 06-08-2008 at 08:20 PM..
Old 06-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     
Thumbs up

Mike, any time you can make the grandkids smile it's worth it!

Steve
Old 06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Mike, an aside, I am... learning... how cool it can be to have grandkids. I never had kids, but the Grandpa thing ROCKS!

Michael, an aside story...

My Granddaughter (She adopted me, not the other way around) lets me pick her up after school 2-3 days a week.

Usually it is in Fat Girl, my little '05 Stang vert V6. Sweet ride, awesome sound system. We make "The Drag" once or twice so all her friends can see her in Grandpa's cool car.

Every now and then, weather permitting, I pick her up in Gunrack.

Ruuump. Ruuump. Ruump. Wannnawww!!! Ruuump. Ruump. Ruump.

Gunrack is mercilously overcammed, the engine was built for 1/4 mile, not street.

Frowns from school officials, stares from other students, especially BOYEES!

It seems that BOYEES are important to 17-year old girls, I have to learn as I go.

The BOYEES pretty much freeze when I wind Gunrack close to redline in 1st gear out of the parking lot to hit 45MPH, quickly.

To give such a little pleasure to a... plain little 17-year-old girl... in front of her peers,
she calls me Grandpa, she is an orphan.

Can I use the word, "Priceless?"

When I hear the word "Grandpa" spoken, anywhere, I turn and say, "You need me?"

Just me

UT
Old 06-09-2008, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2743, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

This May the very first time I pulled into a gas station and was filling my SPF, an Escalade made a u-turn in the street, drove through the station and stopped without pulling up to a pump. Two young mothers in their 30's rolled down the window and said "That is the sweetest car I've ever seen",

They waved and then left. That was "AWESOME"
Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer65 View Post
This May the very first time I pulled into a gas station and was filling my SPF, an Escalade made a u-turn in the street, drove through the station and stopped without pulling up to a pump. Two young mothers in their 30's rolled down the window and said "That is the sweetest car I've ever seen",

They waved and then left. That was "AWESOME"
What I get a kick out of, is that most of them don't even know what the car is. They just love the looks of it.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, V8, Manual Trans, Htr, Wipers, Radio Delete
Not Ranked     

Picture Of The Month for June 2008 on FFCobra.com
Old 06-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Frank, that's cool.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w 400hp
Not Ranked     

Have not had it on the road yet, but moved into a new home in a new small subdivision with 5 homes. One neighbor stops over all the time checking on progress, his 2 little kids keeping asking when they will get a ride. However the guy at the end of the lane, is in to motorcycles and other vehicles, I saw one time hehad about 16 different dirt bikes and road bikes setting outside his garage, hie little pride and joy he gets out a couple of times a year is an old VW Thing. With the hot weather I have been doing the final assembly with the garage doors open, and he keeps looking everything he sees the door open like he is trying to figures out what the heck I have in there. He has not stopped yet, but I cant wait to see his face when I first pull it out and he gets a good look at my Cobra!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Messina View Post
Picture Of The Month for June 2008 on FFCobra.com
Congrats, Frank!

FWIW, Frank's FFR is the cleanest and best built one I've ever seen. The picture is pretty and all, but it doesn't do the car justice (i.e. you can't even see the ghost stripes in the paint).

-Dean
Old 06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster II, 351 windsor, Tremmec T-5
Not Ranked     

It has been many years since I "got bit" at Double Venom Spring Fling II. Five years in the planning and selection. Two and a half years in the building stage. Two and a half months with the painter. Down to a week or so until I get her back and do the reassembly.
Obviously, I have not yet experienced any "open road" recognitions, but my friends never fail to inquire as to the status of the car. When people come to visit, my wife gives me the standard order: "Just five minutes". Yeah,.....right.
My two grown kids are already debating who gets the car someday. Makes me wonder if insisting that they both learn to drive a standard transmission was all that good of an idea. My daughter is already whining that I've already decided to give the car to her brother. Talk about counting chickens.
I've come back to this thread several times to read all of the new additions.
Just got caught up on my reading. I really getting excited about finishing the car and getting out on the road. Literally, a few weeks away. This is what I've been waiting and working for. This will be sooooooooo cool.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You have NOOOOOOOO idea!!! lol !!!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 331 Sportsman block, T5Z, 3.55 IRS, Fuel Safe cell
Not Ranked     

Took the FFR to a local cruse in. I had a line of kids and some adults wanting to sit in it. The guy next to me in a very well done 70's Z-28 says, "That does it. This is the last time I'm parking next to him. No one is even looking at my car!"
Old 06-16-2008, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 351Cleveland
Not Ranked     
Default Friendship Indiana

I drove my Cobra to the National Muzzleloading Competition in Friendship Indiana. While walking around I overheard a lady and a guy talking about the car. I guy said some crazy nut drove his 200,000 dollar Cobra to the show. All I could do was grin. By the way, anyone driving to the London Car show might want to stop by Friendship Indiana (just west of Cincinnati Ohio). The competition continues thru June 22. Besides the competition there is a huge vendor's area and a huge Flea market. If you do be sure to stop by the Gun Makers Hall. A great display of some of this country's best gun builders.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

A cobra with a passanger seat full of guns, that wouldn't attract to much attention
Old 07-06-2008, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     
Default interesting comment!

Here was an interesting comment....though not what I expected!
I was taking my ususal morning cruise up the Calif coast to Malibu for breakfast, yesterday, Sat. I had a nice day out there....plenty of thumbs up from everyone from police officers to the limo driver pulling up, rolling down the blacked out window and saying, 'dude, that is just too cool! Really a nice car, stunning...have a great time!'
Well, while heading into Venice from the 101....I encountered a couple of 'eco cars' and of course, just politely passed them sort of calmly......when this guy in the blue one pulls up on my right, stops and rolls down the window. I was waiting for the usual questions,...what kind of car, or nice ride, or how many horses......but you know what he said.............'I am curious....did it cost a lot extra to have the holes put into your muffler so it could make more noise?' At first, I thought he was referring to the turn outs, facing down, but then I figuered it out...he was being a 'smart ash' and actually confronted me with the bold statement! He was older with others in his car...and I chose NOT to rip him (just too old) and my next inclination was to give a nice 2 second burst that would have blown his hair piece off down the street....but instead.......I said ... ' no, not really, they didn't really charge me that much more, and see how great it works!!".... He just stared, and I took off, semi burst, and all I could see was 3 pairs of eyes......just .....staring!!!
I could have let him have it, as I never hardly ever, get a negative statement....but it was so bold, and classic....that I didn't want to explain the ...straight thru sidepipe thing.....just toyed with the comment! I was, however, going to ask him....' hey, what is that blue thing going to be when it grows up?'
fred z