Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   What is the LATEST recognition your Cobra has had recently? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/46546-what-latest-recognition-your-cobra-has-had-recently.html)

Hal Copple 10-24-2003 08:46 PM

to the biker: "so, all you can afford is something with only two wheels??"

bmalone 10-24-2003 08:49 PM

Why do you guys want to insult the bike rider? Wouldn't it be better to just beat the daylights out of him? :D :D

Al Bockman 10-25-2003 08:34 AM

I spent 20 minutes Tuesday talking to a guy in the grocery store parking lot. Last summer on the way to Deadwood SD, a guy that ran the Lusk WY town web page stopped for his son to see the car and said a picture would be posted on the town web site. We were in Sturgis eating breakfast and a 10 year old came in to the restaurant to talk to us about the Cobra. We took a picture with him and his family standing next to the car (after we moved it to get a better background) and mailed it to them.

Last summer, our local club was at going to Aspen CO when we stopped at the top of Independence Pass (elevation 12,095 ft). The wife was out at the overlook when a gorgeous youg Italian girl who didn't speak much English came up to my car. She wanted a picture with it so I made her get in the driver's seat. She was happy, but the wife came back too soon and she wasn't smiling as much as the Italian!

Take it easy on bicycle riders. My wife and I do a lot of road biking and the last thing we need is another irate driver on the road.:D

So far we've ridden over all the major mountain passes in Colorado on our bikes. Now that we have the Cobra it's "wish we were in the Cobra" if we're on the bicycles and "we must have been crazy" if we're in the Cobra.

It takes a lot of cajones to do two things on a bicycle: Give a motorist some B.S. and come down a mountain pass on those skinny little tires at 55+ mph. You think you get the feeling of flying in your Cobra! :JEKYLHYDE

BTW Hal, our titanium framed bicycles cost about $4500 each.

Al Bockman

KobraKarl 10-25-2003 08:49 AM

To the bike rider;

No,.....my NUTS are so big they just make it look small....

KK

Jack21 10-25-2003 09:12 AM

The toughest thing I had to get accustomed to in the Cobra is the continuous stream of admiration, complements, and attention.

Nobody, yet has attempted to goad me into a race. And nobody, yet has insulted me, or made comments on his/her perception of my manhood. Just the opposite, in fact. These cars are such babe magnets because the babes assume that because you drive one of these things that you know how to use your equipment. So check your passengers seat ocassionally for wet spot stains.

Chifo 10-25-2003 09:51 AM

I took my father (82 years old) who is pretty shrewed with his compliments. After a tire smoking blast sideways to about 60 mph his comment..."Son I thought I raised you with more sense than this.. You have a wife and kids"

427sharpe 10-26-2003 04:53 AM

A FRIGGIN TICKET ON 407 THIS MORNNG.....WHERE THE *&^% DID THAT ARGYLE COP COME FROM?!?!? :MECOOL:

casaleenie 10-26-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Al Bockman

Last summer, our local club was at going to Aspen CO when we stopped at the top of Independence Pass (elevation 12,095 ft). wife and I do a lot of road biking and the last thing we need is another irate driver on the road.:D

So far we've ridden over all the major mountain passes in Colorado on our bikes. Now that we have the Cobra it's "wish we were in the Cobra" if we're on the bicycles and "we must have been crazy" if we're in the Cobra.

It takes a lot of cajones to do two things on a bicycle: Give a motorist some B.S. and come down a mountain pass on those skinny little tires at 55+ mph. You think you get the feeling of flying in your Cobra! :JEKYLHYDE

BTW Hal, our titanium framed bicycles cost about $4500 each.

Al Bockman [/b]

Al B.

I've been to Aspen many times, in fact my youngest daughter was married in Aspen last September at the Aspen Art Museum...
The first time I drove to Aspen, Independence Pass was closed for the season and I was so disappointed. The next trip was earlier in the year and the pass was open.. I was so happy..
THAT WAS THE SCARIEST RIDE I EVER TOOK.... I've never done it again.... Those people in Colorado are nuts... (not you of course)My kids do it all the time and I go crazy when they do...
A few years ago they wanted to widen the pass by about two feet but a group of people protested that it would take away from the historical quality of the pass.. Ten feet wider wouldn't be enough for me... I was talking to a bartender after my first and only trip over the pass and commented that I was surprised that no one goes over the edge of the pass, he said, of course the do.

GIMME A DOUBLE.....

I love Colorado but I'm sticking to the Glenwood Canyon route...
A cathedral of stone...
:)

Wayne Maybury 10-26-2003 07:41 AM

Interesting thread.

As you can imagine, winter isn't all that far away up here. The weather hasn't been very good lately and the forecast is for rain for the next few days. Friday afternoon was quite nice so I decided to take the Cobra out for a little spin before putting it away for the long winter ahead.

I went to visit a friend and on my way home I was following a pickup. I could see the driver trying to stick something out the window while driving along. Then I realized it was a camera and he was taking a picture of my car while I was following him. Hope the picture turns out. :LOL:

Wayne

CowtownCobra 10-26-2003 03:36 PM

I'm just getting started driving mine. Last evening went for a cruise, got lots of waves, "beautiful, "nice car", and such. Just as it was about dark I got one about "your tail lights don't work". Sure 'nuf... oh well.:D

KobraKarl 10-26-2003 06:07 PM

Just got back from what will probably be one my last sunday evening drives for a while....the rains WILL come...

I pull up to a stop light all alone on a rural 4-lane , a few seconds later a four wheel drive pick-up with what i can only describe as a couple of "yayhoos" comes slamming to a stop on my right ....

They both start yelling ..KILL IT..KILL THAT MUTHER F**KER KILLIT KILL IT....I am looking at these guys , and Im not sure what to think..then the driver yells MAKE THAT MUTHERF**CKER DISSAPEAR..just then the light goes green and i as calmly as i can say.. "Im going to make you dissapear"..............and i did.....

I could barley hear their horn blasting away as i smoked out of sight.......they loved it ..........and frankly I did too....:D

Edley Rondinone 10-27-2003 01:11 PM

Cobrashoch Has the Best reply that I have seen: "It may be short, but because of the car I get to use it much more often" is a GREAT line!! Notice NO WOMEN ever seem to say that the Cobra is a substitute for a small penis!!

BLACKJACK 10-27-2003 03:12 PM

THERE SEEMS TO BE NO END OF INTERESTING THINGS THAT HAPPEN WHEN DRIVING A COBRA. THESE THREE ARE TIED FOR FIRST PLACE IN MY "LAUGH CATALOG".

1. TWO YEARS AGO WHILE DRIVING WITH THE "ANTIQUE CAR CLUB" IN THE SHRINERS PARADE IN ALEXANDRIA, VA PEOPLE WERE STANDING ON THE SIDEWALKS AS WELL AS SITTING ON THE CURBS. I GLANCED OVER TO THE LEFT AT A STRIKINGLY BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN WHO WAS SITTING ON THE CURB WITH HER KNEES SUPPORING HER ELBOWS - SHE RECOGNIZED MY LOOK OF APPRECIATION (SOMETHING LIKE A DIRTY OLD MAN'S LEER) AND SPREAD HER KNEES A LITTLE WIDER AND SMILED AT ME WITH BOTH SETS OF LIPS. I WAS SO JOLTED THAT I DAMN NEAR RAN INTO THE BACK OF A 1950 LINCOLN WHICH WAS IN FRONT OF ME. SHE MUST STILL BE LAUGHING AT THE LOOK THAT HAD TO BE ON MY FACE.

2. THIS PAST MAY, AT THE CARLISLE, PA SHOW, I ASKED PETER PORTANTE (THE "FACE MAN" OF ERA COBRAS) TO SIGN MY GLOVE BOX DOOR WITH A SILVER PAINT PEN. (PETER IS NOW OFFERING THIS SERVICE TO OTHER ERA OWNERS AS AN "EXTRA COST OPTION). A FEW WEEKS LATER I WAS IN A MALL AT LEESBURG, VA AND SOME - SOMEWHAT AROGANT CHARACTER - WITH A SARCASTIC ATTITUDE ASKED ME "IS THAT A REAL COBRA?" I REPLIED "WHAT DO YOU THINK? THE GLOVE BOX DOOR IS EVEN SIGNED BY PETER PORTANTE". HE LOOKED AT THE GLOVE BOX DOOR THEN BACK AT ME IN AMAZEMENT AND SAID "WOW, I THOUGHT SO. IT'S GORGEOUS". HE PROBABLY WILL TELL THE STORY TO ENOUGH PEOPLE THAT ONE OF THEM WILL KNOW WHO PETER PORTANTE IS. I'D LIKE TO SEE THE LOOK ON HIS FACE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

3. WHILE TRYING TO SORT OUT A MYSTERIOUS - AND VERY ANOYING - VIBRATION IN THE EXCALIBUR COBRA A YEAR AGO WE WOULD WORK ON THE FRONT END, TIRES ETC. AND I'D TAKE IT OUT ONTO PRINCE WILLIAM PARKWAY AND RUN IT AT SPEED TO MEASURE THE EFFECTS OF OUR EFFORTS. I HAD MY OLD AVIATORS "KNEE BOARD" ON MY RIGHT THIGH AND A CHART CLIPPED TO IT WITH ONE COLUMN READING IN 10 MPH INCREMENTS FROM 30 TO 130 MPH. THE ADJACENT COLUMN WAS BLANK AND I WOULD PENCIL IN NOTES AS TO THE VIBRATION AT EACH SPEED INCREMENT. SEVERAL TRIPS UP AND DOWN THE P.W. PARKWAY AND I HAD A GOOD IDEA WHERE THE POLICE CARS WERE LURKING. MY LAST RUN WAS TO BE A HI SPEED RUN SO I WAS PARTICULARLY COGNIZANT OF TRAFFIC AND PATROL CAR LOCATIONS. I DROVE SEVERAL MILES TO THE SOUTH OF MANASSAS, VA, CHOSE A GOOD TURN AROUND SPOT, WAITED FOR TRAFFIC TO GET WELL AHEAD OF ME AND "KICKED IT IN THE A$$ - HARD. I MADE MY LAST CHART ENTRY NOTE AT 130 MPH BACKED OFF AND COASTED SOME DISTANCE TO A TRAFFIC LIGHT. I STOPPED AND WAS SCANNING MY NOTES WHEN A POLICE CAR PULLED ALONG SIDE. HE DIDN'T HIT THE SIREN - HE JUST TAPPED THE HORN TWICE TO GET MY ATTENTION. WHEN I LOOKED OVER AT HIM HE WAS GIVING ME A STERN LOOK AND WAGGING HIS FINGER AT ME. I HAD NO IDEA WHERE HE CAME FROM OR HOW FAST HE SAW ME GOING. HE JUST DROVE OFF - - SLOWLY - - AS DID I. I'M CONVINCED THAT IT WAS THE MOP OF GREY HAIR THAT DID IT. HAD I BEEN SMARTER WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WOULD HAVE DYED MY HAIR GREY THIRTY YEARS EARLIER.

ONE OF THE FEW ADVANTAGES TO BEING AN OLD FART.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY.

BLACKJACK

REAL 1 10-27-2003 03:37 PM

No, no, no. You guys missed the point. Got you're panties in a bunch again, eh?

The two guys who in my little joke asked if it was REAL. I said "yup". I know these two guys. Very knowledgble on the subject of Cobras and replicas. Ok? They specifically understand as many here don't seem to be able to grasp that the Continuation Series are REAL Cobras, just not original Cobras.

Now if it was in fact two guys that didn't know that much about Cobras or whom I didn't know and asked if it was REAL I would say "yup, its one of the new Continuation Series Cobras from SAI".

There, feel better.

Jeez, it was just a joke.

:rolleyes:

My we are sensative on this subject aren't we???

:cool:

Bud: Funny, I actually don't think of my car as a Kirkham so I would never tell anyone its a Kirkham rather than telling them its a Shelby because its not a Kirkham. Its clearly a Shelby. I probably don't think of my car as a Kirkham any more than an owner of an original Shelby Cobra thinks of his car as an AC. . Never gave it much thought except to the extent I know its a Kirkham manufactureed body and chasis.

Do owners of original Cobras tell people "no its an AC" when asked if its a Shelby? Don't think so.

casaleenie 10-27-2003 03:58 PM

Jeez, it was just a joke.

:rolleyes:

My we are sensative on this subject aren't we???

Not as sensitive as you might think....:MECOOL:

Gordon Claunch 10-27-2003 04:02 PM

Blackjack, you should have offered her a ride:LOL:

casaleenie 10-27-2003 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PatBuckley

I agree, Brent.

I think Evan has his head so far up his ass when it comes to this real/original/replica subject that he has himself convinced that he can pass his car off as a real one.

Pat Buckley

Pat,

I missed this post the first time around... You do have a way with words...
thanks I'm still laughing...

casaleenie 10-27-2003 04:10 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Russ Dickey

[b]I was driving the FIA through an area in Kansas City known as "The Plaza", when some guy in a black F-150 hangs out the window and yells "BUY A REAL ONE!!!"

I just looked and him and shook my head, because I couldn't come up with a response fast enough. I need some help from some of you lightning-tounged guys in here. What would you have said??

Russ,

At times when you are at a loss for words, remember you always have your middle finger....

REAL 1 10-27-2003 04:11 PM

No way many here are sensative on the subject. You're right. Just a typical day participating on CC. Refer to your CSX as a REAL Cobra even in the contex of a joke and just foolin around and now even our site adminsitrator jumps on "attack" bandwagon running his flag up the mast along with and the usual smattering of insults from some of the usual crowd.

Just a typical day here on CC. Business as usual.

Pat: Yes I agree you have a way with words. You have made tremendous strides in your eloquency over the past 2 years here on CC compared with how you used to express yourself. Keep up the good work. Venting you're frustration with personal insults seems to work for you. Thats OK. Don't hold it in.

Don't worry. One day you too will grasp the concept of which I have been speaking. Its OK. Keep trying. You are getting close though since your are right. I do consider my car a REAL Cobra but not an original (or a replica like yours :p )

:LOL:

casaleenie 10-27-2003 04:38 PM

Real Juan,,,

If it was just a joke, I must have missed it... I just never expected you to be fooling around... It seemed so out of character for you..
For my part I'm sorry if I jumped on you...and I hope that one day
I will grasp the concept of which you are speaking and it will be OK.
These little exchanges, by your account, have made Patrick a much better poster...Considerable improvement over a two year period...and I think you deserve a great amount of the credit for that.
and in closing I just have three words for you.... sensitive,administrator, context,your---OK that's four...Hey, we're adults here.... Yea right......

luv ya
:)