Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   What is the LATEST recognition your Cobra has had recently? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/46546-what-latest-recognition-your-cobra-has-had-recently.html)

skippy 02-03-2004 11:12 AM

Brilliant thread i have'nt stopped smiling for the last 20min reading the past posts.

For me was in December 2003 just getting the car ready for the long winter months. I passed the gas station, filled up the car and came out to see 5 Japanese standing around taking happy snaps of each other next to the car. I turned around to see another 2 people carriers pulling in filled with more Japanese and before i knew it there were 10+ happy go lucky people giving me the thumbs up " ah nice car mister nice car". Before i knew it i was in the photo's with arms and smiles everywhere.

I wonder when they got back to their country what sought of stories were said.

That will live with me for some time.

Skippy.

TheSaint71 02-03-2004 01:33 PM

LOL

LOL Funny posts we got today!! LOL I swear when I read this I could hear their funny heavy japaneese accents! LOL HILLARIOUS stuff

lol

jamin

Zoom This 02-03-2004 03:05 PM

So, here I am with my new Cobra and I decided to take it out during twilight to see how the headlights and dash lights are doing. Just another excuse to fire this baby up right?

So I cruise along the Blvd. and I come up to a stop sign that has 3-4 cars ahead of me. I hear this noise like someone yelling out loud from a block away or so. Kind of hard to hear outside the car with the totally cool lumpy cam sound. Anyway, this sound comes again and again over a 10 second period and I realize that as the cars inch up a little at a time to the stop sign that someone is yelling at me from behind. As I turn around to recognize the yelling I am figuring that 1) my car is on fire from behind or 2) I have four flat tires. Well, as I turn around this woman in long blond hair is hanging, shoulders and head out of the drivers window yelling "your car is awesome, it's phuckin' beautiful!" Hell, I don't know quite what to say to her except thanks, over the traffic noise and the lumpy 418. Ahhh, life is great.

TheSaint71 02-03-2004 03:44 PM

wow

lol thats a great story lol girl hanging outside the window lol yeahhh now we talkin haha

keep 'em comming!

Jamin

Tongue Pirate 02-03-2004 04:06 PM

With the car up on jacks & the door open another neihbor came over to ask..."What kind of car is that?"... What, were these guys all hatched from under one big rock?

Tongue Pirate 02-03-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chaplin

Some guy yelled out the window of his Expedition "Hey, nice Shelby!" I said "phuck you, it's an ERA".:LOL: Ok, only the first part of that story is true:)
:eek: :LOL:

Hows the car treatn' ya Chap?

Maricopa 02-03-2004 04:41 PM

Since mine is still on jackstands in the garage I haven't have many great comments yet, but so far my favorite was from an old-time circle track racer who inspected the FFR frame and said, "Man you sure can weld!" Unfortunately I had to set him straight. :D

TheSaint71 02-03-2004 05:08 PM

I DON'T GET IT!! jopper....

Hey guys, I know this might sound a little niave (selling?) but I don't understand that part where a guy on a bike says "Is your penis really that small!???" I don't get it.. could someone explain that to me...

As for the kid jumping up saying, "kit car, kit car" wow.... what an insult!! To be honest with you guys I have enver looked at a kit car as a kit car, to me its a car, real as any other especially when completed... as for the originals to be honest I don't like the originals all that much, I'd actually rather have a kit car.. you can't drive the originals that much too expensive.. these new ones handle better, perform better IMO i think their better in every way other than not being original....

Besides when punks "trick out" their rice cars what does that make their car? I mean seriously those are "kits" body kits etc...like the toyota supra in the fast and the furious, u can buy that front end and hood to that car in a "kit." I dont get it, why are "kits" to some people come as a dissapointment!??

My best friend sold an original cobra he had, then bought a kit .. he was asked about his new one (the kit) classic question...

that if it was real and had already spoke to his friend betting it was a "fake" my friend Ryan responded...."Hell no its not an original... the originals can't do the quarter mile in 9 seconds! lol

That was Ryan's response to ppl tha dissed his "fake" car.. he doesnt regret selling his orignal black one either... says his new one (the fake) handles better, is faster etc etc..

As for what to do or say when someone disses your car, this is what Ryan told me to do... he said rev the hell out of your car making it so loud you cant hear him then cupp ur ear with your hand... (yes like tom cruze did in TOP GUN on that motor cycle) lol how about that?

also Ryan pulled in front of the guy that was dissin his car at a stop light..... then did a burn out in front of the guy and when the smoke cleared (covered the entire car!) he was standing up in the car with both arms in the air giving him the bird...... lol...pretty funny i thought

and yes my pal ryan doesnt take disses about his car well!
jamin

jooper, sorry bout the fags you've run into.. try one of our suggestions! lol bout the MILF and teenage girls WOW GO EASY ON ME HEAR! LOL Im young and unmarried going to be a missionary lol that was quit the picture lol take it easy guys

StephenC 02-03-2004 06:20 PM

Ah...........

A friend told me I had the coolest car he'd ever seen that didn't have an engine. He walked away laughing.

For some reason, people think a new car should come with an engine. Go figure.

Tinker51 02-03-2004 08:37 PM

Some friends and I had gone for a drive (much earlier in the year). Among the cars were my SPF, a couple of show winning Sunbeam Tigers, a very nice 66 Mustang, and a Boxster. We stopped at a scenic overlook to stretch our legs and relax for a while. As we hung around the assembled masses wandered over to look at the group of cars that had stopped. After about 20 minutes this young Japanese girl comes over to me and says in very broken english "I like your car best",

Edley Rondinone 02-05-2004 07:51 PM

Was cruising thru town today, clear skies (and temps in the high 60's!), when I found myself at the end of a dead-end street that JUST HAPPENED to end at a elementary school playground, with the kids out during recess. As I made my three-point-turn around, revving the engine just a little between directions, I looked up at the fence, and there must have been 10 to 15 kids pressed up against that fence, looking at my Cobra. I could hear some of the kids saying stuff like "Wow, a race car!" and "Cool car!", among the little voices that were barely audible over the rumbling coming out of the sidepipes! As I finally pulled away, I waved to them, and the little tikes waved back, even the kids on the monkey bars! I feel the (our) future is secure with the interest these kids showed over the Cobra!!

Edley Rondinone 02-12-2004 08:25 PM

Got a "Thumbs-Up" from a guy in a red Z06 Corvette today!!! Before I even had a chance to send him back to Bowling Green for some upgrades!!! lol !!!

gene giambona 02-12-2004 11:42 PM

My superformance roller recently moved to my buddy's shop for final assembly after spending 1 year and two months in my garage unmolested.

During that time, I only moved it once to get a view of the car in the daylight (enclosed car carrier brought her by night). It sat in the driveway for no longer than 5 min before a guy driving his car nearly snapped his neck and simply yelled out loud....WOW!

Just a few weeks ago the car finally came out from the garage so we could put it on a trailer and bring it down to the shop for the engine installation. We had her all loaded on the trailer by about seven or eight o'clock at night when some guy riding his bicycle in the street made a u-turn so he could ask me some questions. "Nice car.....Is that a REPRODUCTION???" He kinda made me pause there for a minute. I never heard that term used before to describe my cobra replica. :LOL:

He then said " You don't plan to put anything big in there like a 400 CI motor or something right??? I simply said "nahh just a 483"....he shook his head and said that a small block is more than adequate with such a light car. He couldn't help but tell me about the time when a brand new 289 cobra being driven by a girl in the '60's pulled up beside his hot rodded Ford and just left him there at the light as she blew his doors off. A moment he said he'll never forget.

I can only imagine what is in store for me when the car actually hits the street, but I'm sure it will be mixed with both positive and negative feedback.......better sharpen my tongue for the latter:p

Johnnyquest 02-13-2004 12:01 PM

Last week we had some decent weather on Saturday, so I had the garage door up and had pulled the car cover back just to expose the trunk area. I started polishing the aluminum when a dump truck driver just unloaded some material for a new house next door creeped by. Next load he had his head turned almost 90 degrees and I had pulled the car cover back to expose the roll bar. The next load he ran off the road while almost turned all the way around and the car cover was up to the hood.........kinda like a strip tease! The next time he just stopped in the middle of the road and I motioned him to come take a look see.

We talked for 20 minutes then he was done for the day. Nice guy, sure was funny to watch him each load.

JQ :3DSMILE:

svobud 02-15-2004 04:02 AM

Great thread!

Everytime I take mine out I get people giving thumbs up, smiles, pointing, and such. I'm still not use to it - and - people following me home to see the car!! .. those encounters worry me.

Two times that I remember the most ..

The first was right after I bought it - sitting in traffic - and someone behind screamed like a banshee. Ya know, the good ol redneck - 3 teef - straight out the trailer/NASCAR "whooooooo!!!" and then SHE followed it up with some "he!! yeah! that's what I'm taking about!!" .. and more coarse profanity. Scared the freaking crap out of me. I thought I had been shot! Good thing the steering wheel is bolted on tight. I nearly ripped the thing off.

The very next day, I drive the car over to the city where I work and show it off to some co-workers (Cops). One of them gets out of his patrol car and asks, "why would buy something like THAT?!?!" in a real degrading tone - everyone turns and gives him a scowl .. and I replied, "same reason you waxed your eyebrows and put goo in your hair you freaking nitwit." Sheesh! what a maroon.

Steve R 02-15-2004 06:51 AM

OK,
True story:
I've got this buddy at work who owns a Unique FIA car. I go over his house to have a look-see at a few details on the car. I get near the front of the car and notice he's off to the side just watching me and snickering. WTF??... Ok, something is funny here. So I start looking at the car anew. Then I catch it: The paint job has 2 ovel blotches on the hood. He sees me looking at it and gives me the "Well?" look and shoulder shrug. So I look at it a little closer and the dim light bulb in my head finally goes bright. I look back at him with a half believing snicker. %/
I had just figured out those marks are from sweaty boobs! He goes on to tell me how he and his wife got them there! :eek:
I laughed so hard I thought I was going to have to sit down! (you have to know this guy, he is a life support system for a penis) :rolleyes: So naturally I tell him that he should NEVER wash those off.
Well, about a week later I drive my car over to the local Starbucks. Low and behold, there is Mike's car sitting in the parking lot. I go meet him and grab a cup of coffee. We're sitting there talking when we notice a man (about 65 years old) checking out mike's car. Of course I immediatly have to ask Mike if he washed it yet. "Why, no, I havent" he tells me with a big $#%# eating grin. We head on over to have a chat with the guy.
So there we are, talking about the car all the while we are luring him over to the hood. (the scene of the crime) :p Well, he's not seeing it. So naturally I start talking paint jobs. Ok, now I've got him on the line. I just start playing it up how proud mike is of his paint and how flawless it is, blah, blah, blah, The guy finally looks at that area of the hood sees it, looks up at mike and I who are now almost in tears. He's like, "what's so funny?" We nod him back over to the blotches. he looks again and now he's studying them like a crossword puzzle.
It didn't take long before he looked up with that expression of understanding. :D :D :D Some things are just universal between car guys I guess.
Steve

Art Burtt 02-15-2004 07:01 AM

Last week I had some work done to my septic system. The driver of the pumper truck showed some interest in my car parked in the garage,so I fired her up and let him hear it run. Blipped the throttle a few times and nearly blew him away. The next day another guy came to snake the lines and as he was writing up the bill his phone/Company radio rang , it was the pumper driver asking him if everything was ok. He didn't know I could hear him as I was standing alongside of the truck. He asked the
guy if he had seen my car. The young man replied he had. Then he asked did he start it up for you? I hadn't, the young man answered no. The guy says good thing it'll blow out your ear drums,friggin beautiful car man.

TheSaint71 02-15-2004 07:18 PM

Steve R

WOW! LOL Steve my friend now thats a sweet story! lol Amazing... I want to try that when Im married someday lol so cooL!

lol cool story

jamin

CobERA 02-15-2004 07:28 PM

My wife and I were out for a cruise last Sunday. We were stopped at a traffic light at the front of the line. While we were waiting, I hear a woman behind us yelling something. I turn around and see that she is carrying a camera, and finally figure out that she is asking to take a picture.

She had gotten out of the car that she was driving to take our picture.:) I don't think the people behind her appreciated it very much.:(

We were able to pull over and she took about a half dozen pictures. Then we were on our way again.

My wife could not get over it!

bittentoo 02-16-2004 06:12 AM

I thought that it was manditory that you "break" the car in:D :D :D :D :D