Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

last night at a car show a dad brought over his son, He was probably 5 years old. The dad told me that his son saw the car from the other side of the show and had tome over and look at it. I asked him if he wanted to sit in it and get some pictures and he happily did, unfortunatly he disregarded my warning about the hot pipes and he burnt his leg when he got out. I felt terrible, he was trying to be brave but you could tell that he was hurting. it's always fun to go to a car show when you are the only cobra.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 351Cleveland
Not Ranked     

It was a great weekend. Drove my Cobra over to see my grandson. Stopped by a video store and a few guys came over asking questions about the car. When I came out of the store there were two young guys standing there that looked like the first runner-ups for the Beavis and Butthead look a-like contest. They asked what kid of car it was and I told them. Then one of them said “I'll bet you got three thousand dollars into that car”. When I told them what I had in it he says “What ?? I’d have to get a job”. I was holding my own trying not to laugh until I turned around and saw this older guy shaking his head, laughing.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

My wife and I went to Saturday's Cobra Revolutions and stayed at a nearby B&B Saturday night. When we checked out Sunday morning a man and his wife were sitting in their car parked next to mine. He said he was waiting for us to come out to take the car cover off of our car. We took the cover off and both made several nice comments about the car and started to leave.
As they were backing up he spent to much time looking at our Cobra and backed into a tree in the middle of the lot. I think he was too embareassed (pun intended) to get out and check for damage.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Hey , Everybody loves a Cobra and wishes they had one...even animals.

The other day a Grackil (small black bird) landed on my front fender,.... I yelled at the bird and started the engine.
The bird immediately stated (his or her) appreciation my cobra by leaving a deposite on the the car...then just flew away.

There was no comment regarding...was it real or a replica? I think the bird liked it just the way it was.

Bill
Old 06-11-2009, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 383 Stroked and Blown Chevy powered Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Fathers day

A large South African Shopping Centre published an ad (for the purpose of their Fathers Day promotion) in a leading local newspaper, using a picture featuring Cobra's. Yes, the Yellow one also made an appearance, together with the Cobra's of friends Gian, Natie and Victor.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2009, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast-Ford Performance Solutions 533 BB
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Grand Opening

The "Dog House" restaurant in Merced hosted a Muscle Car evening for their grand opening last week. I parked my sweet blue ride on the corner, opposite the collection of muscle cars adorning the formal parking lot.

We were eating a hot dog inside when my wife jumped up and ran out to take a photo - the city officials and the owner had positioned themselves not with the muscle car group in their parking lot and not in front of the business, but in front of my Cobra to do their photo shoot :

I guess they liked what they saw!

Dirk
Old 06-26-2009, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

I was giving my buddy’s father in law a ride last fall and as we exited my subdivision onto a small winding country lane, I saw the local sheriff coming up the road. He was directly behind me as we went down the street. This road starts out pretty straight, but soon turns and follows a creek and becomes very windy. After about a mile it “Ts” into a state highway at the bottom of a hill (The state road goes uphill in both directions from the T). As soon as I saw the sheriff, I informed my passenger that he was in for the “mild” ride (45MPH speed limit). As I made my way through the twists and turns, the sheriff started to close the gap between him and me. Soon we were at the stop sign at the state road where I was positioned to turn right; the sheriff pulled along side me to my left and rolled down his window. He and his partner were both grinning widely and told me what a nice car I had. What happen next, I still have a hard time believing…The driver shouted over, “Don’t hold back on our account, let’s see what that thing will do!” I thought, this is once in a lifetime chance,” and nailed it hard as I turned right. Those four Webers opened wide and I was close to 90 MPH as I shifted into third! From third I went to fifth and backed it down to a more reasonable 65. My buddy’s father in law looked at me with his mouth a gasp and said, “I don’t believe that just happened!” A similar event happened to me in Austin Texas about a year prior to this (see my earlier post in this string). There is definitely something very special about these cars!!

Gun Doc
Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was cruising on the 210 Freeway/racetrack this morning, and I spied a late-model 350 Z come up the onramp ahead of me. As I was pulling up next to the car, he gets on the gas for about 100 yards, then slows down to our cruising speed, about 75 MPH. I catch up to him, and he is now waving and giving me the "thumbs-up" as I rumble past him and throw him "some pipes". I recognized him as Dallas Raines, the Channel 7 Weatherman here in L.A. I occasionally see Dallas at our Saturday morning get-togethers, chatting with Lynn Park and Dave McClelland, who is the voice of the NHRA.

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

Very cool Edley! Just got a Best of Show award at the John Force Cruise last Saturday.

Lots of cool cars and people! They are having an All Ford show there on Aug. 9 with some REALLY cool trophies!

Doug
Old 07-29-2009, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That's GREAT, Doug! Congrats!!! I think I will be going there on the 9th.

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharroll Celby View Post
That's GREAT, Doug! Congrats!!! I think I will be going there on the 9th.
Cool - Hope to see you there and finally meet you in person!
Doug
Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

AND I got a new Snake Hat!!! lol !!!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is the old one going to the Smithsonian???
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It ought to!!! Lots of history there!

Old 08-09-2009, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Nice to finally meet Edley at the All Ford show at John Force Race Station today. His new cobra hat is the bomb! Was very honored to pick up a Best of Show and a great time with great cars. Also a very cool trophy hand-signed by Mr. Force with the connecting rod out of one of his nitro funny cars as the centerpiece.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

CoupedUp,
You don't look old enough to drive!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Luckily, the interior of the coupe is cozy enough that I can reach the pedals and wheels. I have extensions on the pedals that help quite a bit (custom billet aluminum pieces), but had to have the Crow 5 point harnesses shortened to tighten properly. My Pokeman cars fit nicely in the glove compartment.

Doug
Old 08-10-2009, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP532, KC427FE, TWM
Not Ranked     

My wife and I took a drive up one of the local canyons Sunday. We parked at the top and got out to look at the landscape. After fifteen minutes a small crowd had gathered around the car. One lady was telling me about how cool her Prius is, I would just smile and nod... Her husband asked me how much my car weighed, I told him 2100 pounds. To which he said "it must get really good gas mileage." His jaw hit the ground when I told him that my engine has 527 cubic inches! (Cough)...

I guess that puts me on the outs with the green crowd.

www.KobraBytes.com
Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupedUp View Post
Very cool Edley! Just got a Best of Show award at the John Force Cruise last Saturday.
Lots of cool cars and people! They are having an All Ford show there on Aug. 9 with some REALLY cool trophies!

Doug

Congrats, that is a beautiful coupe!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobrabytes View Post
My wife and I took a drive up one of the local canyons Sunday. We parked at the top and got out to look at the landscape. After fifteen minutes a small crowd had gathered around the car. One lady was telling me about how cool her Prius is, I would just smile and nod... Her husband asked me how much my car weighed, I told him 2100 pounds. To which he said "it must get really good gas mileage." His jaw hit the ground when I told him that my engine has 527 cubic inches! (Cough)...

I guess that puts me on the outs with the green crowd.
LMAO that is awesome. I have to deal with an idiot in a Prius when I drive my Mustang. He lives near where I do so I run into him a lot on the way home. He always cuts me off and slams on brakes. If I try to go around him he always blocks me. Every once and a while I just nail it and go when he is not expecting it just to let him know that if I really want to, I can get around him. I had fun with him one time because you hit a point where it goes down to 1 lane and the right lane has to turn right. After his usual antics, I gunned it to go right and he pulled right, so I pulled back left and stayed in the lane. I then proceeded to be sure he got trapped in that lane and as usual no one lets in the people who wait till they are in the Turn only section to try to merge.