Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2004, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

Kelly,
Did I ever tell you the one about joining the Mile High Club in a Cessna 152?
Steve
Old 02-16-2004, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

...that would have to be any number of my friends that enter my garage and say:

"....IT'S BEEN FOUR YEARS ALREADY A-HOLE....WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FINISH IT????
Old 02-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yesterday, when I could FINALLY take her out with the temperature all the way up to 40.

I was trying to take some measure of the new heads (got me another 57hp at the wheels), but the street wasn't sticky enough. Anyway, I was sitting at a light, with that deep irregular idle at about 950, and a guy walks out of the gas station next to me and just STARES before getting into the vette that was sitting by the pumps. He pulls onto the cross street, turns left by me, and just HAMMERS it pulling away. (no gravel, though, Hal.)

I just had to laugh out loud. Poor guy, he thought he had something....
Old 02-16-2004, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC on order, 351c4v and top loader for power. And did I say that it will be Orange with white stripes?
Not Ranked     

Steve, your the Man! I'll remind you to tell me about it at Austin
Old 02-16-2004, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Cruised thru Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills a few times, and got a lot of the usual 'thumbs-up' and smiles; on one of the passes, I had this exchange with a group of young, Middle-Eastern women:
"Is your car for sale?"
Me...."Sorry, no. Do you know what kind of car this is?"
"No. But it IS a beautiful car!"
Me...."Thank you!" Then the traffic cleared, and they drove on past, out of my life forever!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     

Edley, you show off, you.

What ever happened to the cheerleaders you were going to photograph with your Cobra. I would like to see them sprawled across the hood or sitting on you lap inside your car.

Shin

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra
Old 02-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

That is nothing! Pulled up to a bar the other night in the Cobra. This guy is stagering out. You know the type................ lived there for the last 20 years and this is his first time outside since. Burps loudly and says 'I have a REAL one in a barn'
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 02-16-2004, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

You should have found out if he was a glass-jaw or not....he would have never remembered it anyway.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     
Smile

Kelly,
The C-152 blurb is total B.S., the other story is true. Hope to see ya in Austin.
Steve

Last edited by Steve R; 02-16-2004 at 07:28 PM..
Old 02-16-2004, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by SPEEDEAMON

Edley, you show off, you.

What ever happened to the cheerleaders you were going to photograph with your Cobra. I would like to see them sprawled across the hood or sitting on you lap inside your car.

Shin
Shin, I guess football season is over, and they dont do any more cheering events. I will try again if they have spring football, and maybe get some photos then.

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Several people ask how my car is running and I have to tell them that it is still about two feet above the garage floor but hopefully It'll be running this summer again.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to werthie
Not Ranked     
Default Pet peeve regarding "recognition"

Don't you just hate it when the guy behind you has no idea what you're driving, so he creeps up slowly and tries to read the little Cobra badge on the back?

Every time this happens, the guy's car keeps getting bigger and bigger in my rear view mirror, and I'm sure he's gonna wind up with his grille in my trunk.

Has anyone else suffered a near heart attack when this happens?
Old 02-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Young lads and a Cobra

Sunday I was working on my car in the garage when I heard this Wow look at that, I looked up and in my drive were three young guys on bicycles maybe 12-14 yrs old. Is that a Cobra, yes, wow. you want to take a look at it? Can we? sure c'mon.
More wow's, this is so cool etc. They walked around the car , looking it over--more wows etc. Asked a few questions. You want to sit in it--Really, yeah really , wow 160(saw the speedo)will it go that fast--Not with me in it---I really don't know. You want to hear it--3 chorus Yes. I fired it up let it rumble for a minute or two, blipped the throttle then shut it down. Wide eyed looks from the the lads. As they left I overheard one young man to his friend saying I want one of those , his friend said I thought you wanted a tricked out Honda Accord like Mikes(an older brother?)--Not any more ricers suck compared to that, even Mikes. And off they went.
Sort of made my afternoon. Very polite young lads with their first look at a Cobra--made an impression I think
Old 02-17-2004, 01:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

True story from the UK (why not) Some years ago, two completely original genuine Cobra race cars had recently been restored, both painted bright red, and were en route to Goodwood for a little light excercise ( The very famous racer GPG4C of Charlie Agg and the ex-Le Mans '63 Cobra of Nigel Hulme) You can imagine the sight and sound of these 2 running in convoy....!! They pulled over the make a quick inspection on one of the cars and were just about to leave when a car passing in the opposite direction slowly rapidly to take it all in, only to be re-ended by the following car whose driver was doing much the same, at a greater speed. The Cobras fled the scene but I would love to have read their insurance claims!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA, S. Automotive 354 stroker
Not Ranked     

Showed an elder co-worker a picture of my newly acquired 289. He says, "Alright, retro! Nice looking Corvette!"

Doh!
Old 02-21-2004, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

While I am a ways away from completion, I have a story that may not be as good as most of the others, It still makes me smile.
My UPS guy who usually leaves packages outside my door took it upon himself to leave a Summit box in the garage because it was raining. I came home to find it just inside the door and said to myself, that was nice of him. Later that week he stopped again, seeing a car in the driveway, he rings the doorbell. He says "sorry to bother you but the last time I was here I left a box in your garage and saw you were building a Cobra. Do you mind if I ask you about it?" He was all over it for about an hour.Well we are "buds" now and he frequently stops to see the progress. And when he has a package he asks "issit for the Cobra?" Hows it coming. He just stops in now and then if he sees the garage open, just to look at the progress.
Needless to say, everything I get via UPS arrives safe and sound.
Jack
Old 02-25-2004, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I took one of my female friends for a ride this weekend in the Cobra. When she saw the car, she said:
She: What a nice little car.
Me: Thank You.
After getting her inside and all buckled up, I started the Cobra.
She: Why is it so loud?
I gave her the explanation of the sidepipes, hotted-up 351W, cam, etc, I could tell she wasnt really impressed......
So, we proceeded to our coffee date that morning; she just sat there, staring out the windshield as the world went by. We got to the little coffee shop, her with some sort of coffee, and me with a hot chocolate, and we had some good conversation............
I talk to her a couple of days later, and she said she never wanted to go for a ride in THAT CAR again! She said it just made too much noise for her. Oh well........

Old 02-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Edley-
Along the same lines . . .

I received an anonomous letter from a neighbor begging me to "please, please put mufflers on the car" because it "shakes every inch of the neighborhood more than you realize" and "wakes and disturbs our children."

If they only realized that it's got mufflers and it's as quiet as its going to get I did get the letter a couple days setting the timing so it was run longer and louder in the driveway than it normally is. Lucky for them I won't have to set the timing again this year

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 02-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

certainly not as glamorous as some of the posts...but, i usually let my car idle in the driveway once its started for a few minutes tol let it warm up before i slowly crawl out of the subdivision keeping it as quiet as i can.

i have a neighbor in the 70s across the street who complains that my car is so loud her windows vibrate. I told her that she should get new windows as the ones she has are single pane and 40 yrs old.

then she added that her daughter works nights and if i start it in the morning hours befor 11 am it wakes her up. i told her that her 45 yr old daughter, never married and living at home should fly the coop and get day time job. heck , i am retired, and drive the car all the time at all hours. hello.

needless to say, i am not on her social or christmas lists..but on some 'other' type of list, can you say DOOH DOOH list ?

i have one neighbor with a harley with straight pipes and another with a 32 duece with a wild motor, both are louder than my spf. this gal calls me to complain when she hears them thinking it is my car and i have to tell her to look out her single pane windows and in my driveway she will see nothing and i am talking on the phone so obviousl not in the car. duh..

as an aside, my wife wont ride in it either..too loud she says.

the neighbor is a nice gal though, i guess. and the wife will ride in my other toys so all is well. bill
Old 02-25-2004, 10:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My story is more about my CACC shirt, which I wear proudly at dinner parties and various events. At a recent birthday party for an attorney friend of mine, one of his colleague's wifes said, with a real puzzled look on her face: "you belong to the Cobras? Did you go to XXX High School? I didn' t know the cheerleading squad sold shirts!" Ouch. I went on to explain that it was a car club, etc. , but the aging blonde didn't get it...... I guess I need to give her a ride in the car...