26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2004, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

Evan - now I know that you don't read all I post, I shall feel more free to insult you!

I did allude to Trevor and his books some posts ago. Ah well, never mind, I expect you were finely examining the details of some incredibly complex legal issue at the time, possibly to establish the whereabouts of the "u" in unsavoury?

BTW - I unreservedly withdraw my accusation that you might be a "toss-pot". In fact it is Lurk who more properly deserves that particular descriptor.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is one more example of a bunch of guys (aka. Mr. Shelby and Mr. Lubinsky...) wasting their time, money and resources on some "pissing match" that can only fail. It doesn't make any sense to play the games going on here and the "players" need to grow up and do what is best for the employees of these companies and the Cobra faithful that have backed AC, Shelby and Ford for all of these years. This crap makes the entire Cobra community look like little children battling over "their" sandbox.

It is obvious that out of all of these people the only one concerned about AC and doing what is right, is Mr. Price. It is obvious that Mr. Lubinsky and Mr. Shelby don't know what the words "respect", "honor", "dignity", and "doing what is right" mean. Mabey they can look these words up...

What is crazy is that this isn't even about money.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by wilf leek

I unreservedly withdraw my accusation that you might be a "toss-pot". In fact it is Lurk who more properly deserves that particular descriptor.
Hey! I saw that!

-JT
Old 02-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Evan...

Quote:
Originally posted by REAL 1

This Lubinsky character sounds rather unsavory

YA THINK?????

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 02-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hand shake, gentlemans aggreement, your "word", these can be a binding contract in the USA as well.

The problem of course is proving it. In the J. Price case it does indeed appear that he has a strong case based on the hand shake and running the plant for a couple of years.

...interesting.

Ernie
Old 02-12-2004, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Lubinski and Shelby doing business together. Hmmmmm......... Just one more stab at trying to make a buck (an overpriced buck, at that) while CS is still around, AND, it enables CS and his attorneys to get one last jab in at Jim Price / Superformance.
Is this really CS pulling the strings here, or his attorneys and upper management barking in his ear trying to pursuade the old man in directions that include dealing with "unsavory" characters? They (especially the attorneys) HAD to have known that their could be legal ramifications upon making this deal with Lubinski, knowing the Lubinski / Price situation. Almost sounds like they were LOOKING for trouble! Is this even about "the cars" anymore???

I don't know Jim Price, but I've talked with people who do, and I've read many stories about him and interviews that people have conducted with him. He's a very intelligent business man, and seems to conduct his business with intregrity. Perhaps he's a little too "trusting" and the "handshake" with someone like Lubinski wasn't a smart business move. Sounds like he put his love of the "cars" and helping AC out, ahead of his business sense at that particular moment in time. I would say he still has a strong case, however. IF he decides to follow through.
From what I gather, Mr. Price also has a strong sense of "principle". As Evan stated earlier, if JP feels like he has been wronged in any way, he's the type to take action........I would say just on principle alone. He knows Lubinski doesn't have any money to go after (as of NOW). ...........But once "product" has been developed (like the 1st years 50 cars, perhaps?), THEN there's something to go for.
If I were working at Shelby, I wouldn't get those CSX plates printed up just yet. Those AC's may end up with SPF numbers before all is said and done!
(Of course, either way.....Shelby's attorney's still make thier money. This all seems to be an interesting chain of events, to say the least.)
Old 02-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation TerrysSPF

..I don't think you will find "SPF numbers" on ACs if Mr. Price does end up with the company. Understand that that the "CSX" prefix does NOT belong to SAI. AC assigned the numbers, they could have just as well used the prefix "USA" or "PRINCE ALBERT" on the cars. Shelby did not assign the number or prefixes to the cars, AC did.

That SAI is currently assigning the prefix to cars does not diminish the historical fact that the cghassis numbers were selected and assigned by AC Cars in bee-you-tif-full Thames Ditton ( you have to have been there)

Rick

Old 02-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

If they used Prince Albert as a prefix would the Cobra have been Known as "Prince Albert in a can???"

CSX stood for Carroll Shelby eXport or Carroll Shelby eXperimental right?

Last edited by REAL 1; 02-12-2004 at 03:11 PM..
Old 02-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by REAL 1

CSX stood for Carroll Shelby eXport or Carroll Shelby eXperimental right?
"C" was the car model sequence at AC, "S" was Shelby and "X" was 'for export'
Old 02-12-2004, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

.....I wonder what the Prince Albert would go for today? I guess it would depend on if the can were alum. or fiberglass!

MarkIV: Are you saying then, that even if JP ends up with the company, that the cars could / would still have CSX numbers assigned by AC? Talk about throwing a monkey wrench into the Shelby registry!

Ok.......I'll bite. ........Who or what is Thames Ditton????
Old 02-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Quote from Mark IV:
"Understand that that the "CSX" prefix does NOT belong to SAI. AC assigned the numbers"

I am not a lawyer, but my interpetation then becomes that anyone (Price, Lubinsky, Shelby) could assign CSX #s for their car VIN #s, but they obviously would be of little value unless they are officially Shelby produced/licensed/recognized in the registry. Or does AC hold those rights?
Old 02-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by TerrysSPF

Ok.......I'll bite. ........Who or what is Thames Ditton????
The Thames Ditton is situated about 17 miles South West of Central London (UK) between the towns of Kingston Upon Thames and Esher.

The location of AC Cars Ltd. in the 60's.

Old 02-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The 215 mile Thames river has a controversial history that goes back hundreds (if not thousands) of years.

It floods at cetain places and causes a lot of destruction. London gets most of it's water from the river and COULD suck the river dry if it wasn't managed properly. London USED to dump all their sewage into the river, which in turn made all the people sick and the river smelled awful.

Because of the way it empities into the sea twice a day it flows "backward" with the ocean tide. Some want to dam it, some want to fish it, some want to drink it,,,,, hey it sounds like the Colorado River!

It used to freeze in the winter due to the old London Bridge restricting (slowing) it's flow. Since the bridge was removed it doesn't freeze anymore.

Ditton is a rather "non descript" little "borough" along the river. Not much there, but it is a special place to Cobra philes!

Ernie
Old 02-12-2004, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks.......Thames Ditton England. I should have known - I've seen that plaque before! The way Mark IV put it, I thought it was some sort of special brit "script" writing, or something.

I'm still confused about the CSX numbers. I'm wondering, like Toy Collector, what good the numbers would be if they weren't recognized by Shelby's registry. What VIN numbers came on the AC cars that were built AFTER AC and Shelby slit up? Did AC still use "CSX" in their VIN?
I'm sure Price would come up with a different VIN if he gained control of the factory. But, if not a SPF or CSX number, I wonder what it would be? Oh well........I'm sure it's a moot point. Who knows what will happen with all of this.

Shame on Jimmy Price for trusting Lubinsky.
Shame on Shelby for doing business with Lubinsky.
Shame on Lubinsky for.................well, just being Lubinsky.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 02-14-2004 at 09:18 AM..
Old 02-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by TerrysSPF

I'm still confused about the CSX numbers. I'm wondering, like Toy Collector, what good the numbers would be if they weren't recognized by Shelby's registry. What VIN numbers came on the AC cars that were built AFTER AC and Shelby slit up? Did AC still use "CSX" in their VIN?
They used COB and COX prefixes...

the "B" for domestics cars, sold in UK... and the "X" for export versions.

As far as the CSX numbers, you, TC and I could make cars and start the VIN with CSX if we wanted to... but it would be a big "so what?"

They wouldn't be produced by a Shelby-connected enterprise...so no one would care.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation Guys...

..it's "LubinskY" with the "Y"n ot "LubinskI"

Trust me , after you have been boned by him, you will remember the spelling!!!!

And, yes.....AC did control the "CSX" numbers. Who "owns" them?

Hey, I trademarked them back in 1957 when I was 5...

Rick

Old 02-12-2004, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Ron

I had a Cox Gt-40 gas powered model back in the 60's.
Any Relation?
I wish I still had it.
I wish I were still in the 60's. Boy could I forcast the future of the collector car market with the info I have now. WoW..

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"
Old 02-12-2004, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

[quote]Originally posted by REAL 1

[b]Trevor: Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the Club. Your knowledge and insight will a great asset here.

I didn't realize you were THAT Trevor Legate. I have used your book as reference tools here in many of my "battles" with others here. Great book.

Welcome!

I]I've read every post on this thread and am thoroughly confused by most of it... but by far my favorite posting is the above where Evan is humbled and wets his pants....
Priceless!!!

Last edited by casaleenie; 02-12-2004 at 07:44 PM..
Old 02-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Casalennie: Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed that.

Trevor is a Cobra celebrity in my book. A wealth of knowledge who can contribute much here. I for one have throughly enjoyed his participation.

One thing about the Brits, they do seem to raise the level civility here (not that thats very hard to do) and I for one truly appreciate it. In fact I even took of my helmet off during the latter course of this thread soon after the Brits entered the discussion. Something I would never normally do more less unbuckle the chin strap.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Did the COB and COX numbers pick up where the CSX numbers left off (after AC and Shelby split)? Anyone ever hear of any duplicate numbers out there?

MarkIV: Is the Teal colored FIA AC in your gallery the only car that Dynamic / Superformance recieved here in the states? Do you know if they still have it? VERY sharp car.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 02-12-2004 at 10:14 PM..