Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2005, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

Having just read all the above, I'm glad I turned in when I did - you guys stay up too late......my bedtime cocoa seems to have a different effect.

Talking of paint jobs I will send an email of a Gen-u-ine AC289 painted in the Stars 'n Stripes and entered in an autotest on grass circa 1971. You just can't make it up....Maybe Nik would be kind enough to bung it on here as I'm sure Mr. Nedsel et al will be amused. And appalled.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Brooklandsspeed

When and where was your AC 427 S/C built?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Trevor - can't wait to see the pictures. Once I figure out the process, I'll post some of my own.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Ned

Yep, computers and me are incompatible. I have a genuine talent for making them crash, often by just walking into the room - ask many of my ex-clients. But I will figger out this loading business, provided the damn thing decides not to electrocute me. Or worse.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC BAGGED 427 SC,GUARDSMAN BLUE , WHITE STRIPES .
Not Ranked     

Sensible answers ...to keep the thread rolling ....london my AC was purchased by my fine self in the year of ninteen hundred and ninety six as a roller from AC cars at Brooklands ..[.didnt requre a complete car when you have the key to the stores] .......[.JOKE ]..it was painted in the Guardsmen gloss ....by slasher our paint miester .....[.soory cant help myself ] i have attempted to Race it for the last three years ........it is fitted with a le mans top , which is not compatible with bowler or top hat variations of the englishmans helmet last but not least a ford 427 side oiler ..top loader ...to fia specs throughout .....
Old 02-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

(minor hijack.... Brooksie... remember that you promised that Slasher would tell us the "brew" for your Guardsman... )
Old 02-11-2005, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by BROOKLANDSSPEED

....by slasher our paint miester
The car sounds good, slasher sounds a bit scary (or careless with his spray gun!)
Old 02-11-2005, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Slasher the Painter -
I can confirm that - I have guardsman blue in places that i didn't know I had places. Mind you he does a mean job with a bucket of Princess Blue, I have to say. Convey my kind regards. The boy's an artiste.

Brooklands - so it WAS you who had the keys to the store.....(joke?)
Old 02-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Huh, could someone translate the last three pages????

Proof we are separated by a common language.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Not bad enough that I interrupted their train of thought...you come in and try to kill the thread?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Yeah Similar

Brooklyneese
Brooklandeese
....At least I had Coney Island

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"
Old 02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate
Having just read all the above, I'm glad I turned in when I did - you guys stay up too late......my bedtime cocoa seems to have a different effect.
Too late? Nah, early doors club for us Trev, the 'ClubCobraClock' is 8 hours behind proper,British, Greenwich Mean....
Quote:
Talking of paint jobs I will send an email of a Gen-u-ine AC289 painted in the Stars 'n Stripes and entered in an autotest on grass circa 1971. You just can't make it up....Maybe Nik would be kind enough to bung it on here as I'm sure Mr. Nedsel et al will be amused. And appalled.

Laydeeeeez an` Jennelmen... for your delight and delectation, from a 1970`s near you, I bring you, courtesy of Trev Leggend,
"
STARS 'n' STRIPES"

I don`t know what`s worse, the paintjob or the trousers!
Is that a name across the wing? G P _ _ _ ?

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68

Last edited by nikbj68; 02-11-2005 at 11:29 PM..
Old 02-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Nope....not me. Anyone else?
Old 02-12-2005, 02:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC BAGGED 427 SC,GUARDSMAN BLUE , WHITE STRIPES .
Not Ranked     

ok translation .......slash meaning to apply the mixed liquid paint to anything by way of a devilbliss or sata spray gun ......nothing to do with hatchets or daggers ..variations are ......to slash ......."ave you slashed that yet ?"........"hurry up and slash it on !.....its going out saturday" .. painters usual reply ....... "thats funny cos so am i" ......computerworks i posted a formula under that thread ..and if you want a spray out card contact me ill send you one ......jamo ,is this cobra .net material ?Real .......ill translate anythong i paste ......Trev..good shot looks sensible .......nik ......you want to piss in my paint pot ? we use a thinner thanks .....where do i go on how to post pics .......smileys i cant see through the welding goggles......... nik help ?
Old 02-12-2005, 03:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     

Basher... You`ve got mail!
(p.s. The way my head feels this morning, I think I should be able to pee thinners!)

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68

Last edited by nikbj68; 02-12-2005 at 03:23 AM..
Old 02-12-2005, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by computerworks
(minor hijack.... Brooksie... remember that you promised that Slasher would tell us the "brew" for your Guardsman... )
I found this for you, Ron.
Quote:
Originally posted by BROOKLANDSSPEED
we use ici .........glasuirit .........sikkens ......base coat laquer , system .for a period look , whatever mettallic content in "the mix" must be very fine and non pearlescent ....because the cellulose material in the good ole days had that "im trying to be a mettallic " type look , the other end of the scale was of course metalflake .......i will foward you the sikkens formula for guardsman blue , but im sure there are enough cars there to referance from ........our colours arnt gospel ........they are merely as close as we can acheive to the AC period archived chips we have , combined with modern day materials .......
...hi , weve looked at the US colours try GMA87.27[D] This gives you a modern version to start with , we end up having to tint it up .. but for a mix at least you can get the paint to match later ..... aston martin salisbury blue is close ...

Old 02-12-2005, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Bollocks!

Great Fleshy Yarbles...the Brits have taken over.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by John McMahon

Bollocks!

Great Fleshy Yarbles...the Brits have taken over.

But don't say we can't take a hint. Bye bye.....
Old 02-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Jamo, where IS Freddie anyway? Thats what we need on this thread, someone who could clearly follow the conversation.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Trev,

Just busting stones. Some of my best friends are Brits.