Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-29-2010 at 06:51 AM..
Old 04-29-2009, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #1459 w/460(sold)New(used),spf w/427s.o.(sold)
Not Ranked     

Great video ! It really says it all.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Good video. It's amazing that these cars attract attention from people of all ages.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob frink View Post
"The beginning of a Dream."

http://vimeo.com/4091669
Great video clip Rob. I saw it when it was posted on SCOF, but fun to see again.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
I'm in trouble now.

The guys over at the FFR Forum got wind that I'm thinking about changing teams.

Not happy!

And there is a heck of a lot of them!
Uh, Patrick must not be feeling well today. No comment? Maybe he's mellowing in his old age.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Uh, Patrick must not be feeling well today. No comment? Maybe he's mellowing in his old age.
Never felt better, thank you very much. And I'm on record saying I would go with an FFR over a similarly priced CSX car. Surely that speaks for itself.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
Thanks Eric. Great to hear that your new venture is going well and that 1380 played a roll in funding your start-up. You're definitely a loyal brand advocate...Superformance should use you in an ad.
Well, truth be told I have many Superformance freinds that <gulp> I missed while I did not have a car for the last few years. I am sure it is like that for the different Cobra manufacturers, but my freinds drive SPFs, and there was never a question what brand I was going to get. The product is fantastic, and the owners are more fantastic.

Now if I was a baller I'd buy a Kirkham and hang out with the "up-town" men on this forum

E

Ah, the car wash photo..... <day dreams>
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Ok, ok, are there any owners of BDR or SPF cars in the northern part of San Diego that would like to invite me to check out their cars before I make the ultimate sacrifice?

I promise I won't ask to drive it! Just want to see how the seating fits me.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

Ok, we will discard the looks as that is a personal taste issue, some have it, and some don’t…(Just kidding! Everybody settle down!)

Efnfast,
Yes, better chassis. Here is why.
The pictures you posted of chassis’s from each company are interesting, however they don’t clearly illustrate the differences between SPF and BDR. More directly it portrays the BDR frame as more than it is. The picture you posted of the BDR frame suggests a fully triangulated design, with “X” type bracing in the door and trans tunnel and features a “bird cage” for the body mounting, suggesting that it has or will receive riveted panels further increasing its stiffness. Of the several BDR’s I have become intimate with, that is not the standard chassis. I couldn’t even find that chassis picture on any of the BDR web sites.
Hmmmm, that’s interesting, if I had a company that built that chassis, id be proud and id show it on my web site… Then I looked at the photo again..
Ya know it looks familiar, it looks like a Factory Five Chassis, (which in my opinion is the best replica Cobra chassis) Ill be darned!! It is!!

http://www.factoryfive.com/roadster/...RDFrame24D.jpg

Wait a minute, you’re confusing my simple brain, why would you post a picture the FFR chassis and portray it as a BDR?

Anyway, I have spent a lot of time underneath both cars, I feel the SPF suspension is
more robust and better designed. Unequal length tubular A-arms and coil-over vs. BMW sourced struts and lower control arms.
I like the Wilwood brakes and the 8.8 inch Ford rear end (I hate that they use a different rear now). Low cost, strong, easy to find , wide selection parts.

If you put them both up on a lift and spend some time looking, the differences will be clear.
The questions:1) are those differences important 2) Which “look” do you prefer?
Almost every Sunday morning at Valley Circle and the 101 freeway in Calabasas, there are 3-4 SPF’s and 1 or 2 BDR’s that show up. You are welcome to come and sit in my car (Old SPF #239)
I would guess that one of the BDR owners would be more than happy to accomodate you.

Jason
Old 04-29-2009, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-CEL View Post
Almost every Sunday morning at Valley Circle and the 101 freeway in Calabasas, there are 3-4 SPF’s and 1 or 2 BDR’s that show up. You are welcome to come and sit in my car (Old SPF #239)
I would guess that one of the BDR owners would be more than happy to accomodate you.

Jason
Thanks, but I'm hoping to find one a little closer to my house. If not, I will go up to Irvine and check out the new ones at the local dealer.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 931 mangled in parkinglot incident - traded for new house roof <sob>
Not Ranked     

On the lighter side of things, does anyone have any great ideas on how to get a damn bird outa my shop ???? Birds have got to be the dumbest creatures ever invented. THe damn thing just sits way up on the rafters and keeps trying to fly out the skylights, you would think he would look down once in awhile and see the open roll up door !!!

McVette
Old 04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Efnfast,
Yes, better chassis. Here is why.
The pictures you posted of chassis’s from each company are interesting, however they don’t clearly illustrate the differences between SPF and BDR. More directly it portrays the BDR frame as more than it is. The picture you posted of the BDR frame suggests a fully triangulated design, with “X” type bracing in the door and trans tunnel and features a “bird cage” for the body mounting, suggesting that it has or will receive riveted panels further increasing its stiffness. Of the several BDR’s I have become intimate with, that is not the standard chassis. I couldn’t even find that chassis picture on any of the BDR web sites.
Hmmmm, that’s interesting, if I had a company that built that chassis, id be proud and id show it on my web site… Then I looked at the photo again..
Ya know it looks familiar, it looks like a Factory Five Chassis, (which in my opinion is the best replica Cobra chassis) Ill be darned!! It is!!

Jason
Before calling the guy out, you should atleast read his post and attempt to comprehend it. He never said 1 was a BDR...
Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

what your problem with a bird in your garage nature loving california, heck it may be a spotted owl. In texas we would just shoot and eat it, be we are a little backwoods but we own our garges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD00 View Post
On the lighter side of things, does anyone have any great ideas on how to get a damn bird outa my shop ???? Birds have got to be the dumbest creatures ever invented. THe damn thing just sits way up on the rafters and keeps trying to fly out the skylights, you would think he would look down once in awhile and see the open roll up door !!!

McVette
Old 04-29-2009, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
what your problem with a bird in your garage nature loving california, heck it may be a spotted owl. In texas we would just shoot and eat it, be we are a little backwoods but we own our garges.
Any them Texans can put one helluva sentence together as well.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD00 View Post

McVette
.177 pellet rifle with scope. From WalMart or Target.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokndad View Post
.177 pellet rifle with scope. From WalMart or Target.
The guy lives around Monterey, CA.

My neighbors would haul me to jail for shooting the darn crows that squawk incessantly in the morning. However, Tom, next time your up in NorCal, bring your pellet rifle and scope. You're hired! Oh, and don't forget to bring the tools too! The Kirkham could use some of those Weber thingees.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

LOL!!! I am gald I do not have to right for a living!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TButtrick View Post
Any them Texans can put one helluva sentence together as well.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

Jay,

I will go on record and say that as a Dealer of one of the two brands being discussed your opinion is completely biased. You make money by saying “BDR is better” and therefore, you should remove yourself from the discussion.
With regards to efnfast,
My bad, you are correct, he doesn’t say the chassis is a BDR. Hopefully, I’m the only one that took it that way. I wrongly assumed he was following the post an understood what we are discussing and was adding information that could be used…..
I was wrong, sorry
Additionally, I don’t know if you are aware, but your website states that “bolt on” wheels are standard, knock offs are an “upgrade”

Just thought you should know………

Jason
Old 04-29-2009, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I recognized the frame as the one under my current car's body, so the only thing I'm curious about is what the frame of a BDR looks like?

Anyone have a picture?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Jay,

I will go on record and say that as a Dealer of one of the two brands being discussed your opinion is completely biased. You make money by saying “BDR is better” and therefore, you should remove yourself from the discussion.
With regards to efnfast,
My bad, you are correct, he doesn’t say the chassis is a BDR. Hopefully, I’m the only one that took it that way. I wrongly assumed he was following the post an understood what we are discussing and was adding information that could be used…..
I was wrong, sorry
Additionally, I don’t know if you are aware, but your website states that “bolt on” wheels are standard, knock offs are an “upgrade”

Just thought you should know………

Jason
Again, back to the comprehension thing. I have not offered an opinion either way in this discussion. Just corrected statements on what is standard and not etc.

I love both brands. I sell the one I feel is the best for the bigger market and the one I feel the most confident in for many reasons. I've said it before and I will say it again... BDR and SPF are not direct competitors.

Thanks for the proofread on my Web site, I'll make the update.