21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brewer View Post
Well, not to offend anyone, but I believe the only true Shelby Cobras were built in the 60's. Everything else is only a recreation of those cars built in the 60's.
I felt compelled to respond to the all too typical "beating a dead horse" and "hijacking" accusation leveled at me when this subject takes off. I usually just respond to a demeaning remark about the Continuation Series Cobras which prompts many posts adverse to my position many based on "my opinion" and "I believe". Point in case...Actually, the above post was the post I made my remark to by simply referring to the SAAC Registry. Then the others here hijacked the thread by launching into the subject full bore. I merely obliged to correct the record in response so any newbie would understand the correct status of the Continuation series and in my never ending quest to help those here who love to refer to the Continuation series as a "replica Cobra" (as that term is commonly meant & understood today) see the light and understand SAAC's official position as set out in the Registry. Its all in there and very clear and concise.

I did not and would not argue the Continuation series are original cars. Any attempt to paint my response as an attempt to do so or challenge anyone who said they were'nt original cars in at best grossly inaccurate and at worst an intentional effort to twist the facts. Neither would surprise me here.

And if most here weren't tripping over themselves to throw stones about the dreaded "is it real" subject they would have noticed I also asked a related question to the original thread in my first post on this thread which was not answered until many posts later by Ron. The overwhelming adverse reaction to my simply directing Tim Brewer to the Registry was actually amusing to watch especially when accompanied by all the guys tripping over themselves to accuse me of "beating a dead horse" and "hijacking" the thread when viewed objectively it wasn't me who continued to pursue the verboten subject. Man, this place cracks me up.

But I'm sure just as the crowd here can't comprehend the black and white text of the Registry they will neither see my point on "horse beating either".

And very simply, if you don't like hearing my response to statements like Tim Brewers don't make statements like Mr. Brewer otherwise I'll respond to make sure someone here is correcting the record on the Continuation Series cars. Of course Mr. Brewer is free to state what he "believes" and I am free to state what I believe (of course the difference is my belief is backed by SAAC's official position set out in the Registry) in response. If you don't like it I refer you to the TS doctrine.

Of course I still stand by my offer to agree to refer to Continuation Series Cobras as replica Cobras as the term replica is defined in the Websters Dictionary provided a sticky is posted on the All Cobra talk forum setting out the definition and in return we can refer all non Shelby cars and those not considered Cobras by SAAC as "non Cobra look a likes". Any takers????

Hey, you guys have a nice night.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-31-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Old 05-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

I just wonder what it is that compels you to go down this road? Is it vanity; hopes that the car will be worth more; status; What?

What compels you to keep up this posturing. What is the point?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
But I'm sure just as the crowd here can't comprehend the black and white text of the Registry

E
Old 05-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
I just wonder what it is that compels you to go down this road? Is it vanity...
If RodKnock was on tonight, I know he would jump on this opportunity to quote Ecclesiastes: Vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
If RodKnock was on tonight, I know he would jump on this opportunity to quote Ecclesiastes: Vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
Well, I may not pick Ecclesiastes, but I might pick Vince Lombardi who said "The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fall." It seems Evan has fallen enough with the SAME tired manifesto.

But I also like these quotes for situations such as these:

"You can observe a lot by just watching." Yogi Berra or,

"Life must be lived as play." Plato

Or my favorite:

"It's simple. If it jiggles it's fat." Arnold Schwarznegger.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

...I could hear the needle hitting the record label from all the way in the other room.

Another good thread turned into crud.
Closed Thread