21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2002, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So where do you fit into this, ERA535. Do you run your replica, do you race for real in something else or are you a wannabe too? Serious dragracing does count, although I started this about roadracing.

McFez
Old 01-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

a427sc, Cranky, et al.

Looking at the thread a427sc brought to the top for those of us that were sleeping, it would appear my old battle wagon is a 5% or maybe a 4.5-4.75% if you consider that it was purchased specifically for (and modified since then) for a full slate of autocrossing, with limited track time and road rallies (both as a participant and as a licensed Safety Steward) thrown in. Hoosier TDs exclusively, fuel cell, 4 point belts, double rollbar, mufflers at the edge to conform to highest noise levels allowed by SCCA, racing pads (can prove it every cold morning as I blow through at least one stop sign), etc. In addition, I rarely polish out cone scuffs, the decals are permanent, I've driven home with cord showing, and it has enough rock chips and worn leather to prove it's 20 years old. Although my season was cut short last year having the custom fuel cell built in the middle of the season, it has run at least 18 events every year that I've owned it--and I spin regularly.

Oh ya--I must admit I did a complete wash last year--I think it was in June.

In or out? If not--bite me.
Old 01-05-2002, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In for sure. But JM is the one who likes to bite, so don't tempt him too often or he might show up at your door one day.

McToothmarks
Old 01-05-2002, 06:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have no idea where I fit in to the Racer/Waxer equation!

I have autocrossed it and taken it to the dragstrip....neither activity is what I would call "wheel to wheel" racing

I took it to a few shows when I first finished it but it isn't a show type car - no stripes, stone chips, black side pipes, etc. - and I really have grown to dislike that show bs so I don't do that at all anymore.

I raced formula cars (Vee to Atlantic) for 15 years and recently quit racing 125 shifter Karts.

I just know that if I went to an open track with this car I would either kill myself or blow the motor (it's an FE you know ).

The FFR racing series does get my interest though.

As to where I fit in - you tell me.
Old 01-06-2002, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You said the magic words " I hate the show bs" that gets you on the list automatically (just kidding).

But you do seem to be a racer so you are going on the list. I will update with you and Jamo.

Cranky
Old 01-06-2002, 07:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

McFez and Cranky: Thanks for 'splaining - 5% seems to fit best.

Are there any dues expected?

Old 01-06-2002, 09:01 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

From what I understnad, the dues are only to be paid in person....Something about witnessing mcJohn go off on one of his multiple personality rages rings a bell. I have witnessed this several times over the last two years, sometimes when he as consumed vast amounts of booze, other times when he was completely sober..........I'm not sure which is scarier .

Bill S.

PS: Personally, even though I live so close to Club Crankys main headquarters, I will only make two or three officially sanctioned Club Cranky events for the "2002 (insert something politicly correct here) Across America" tour.............

Quote:
Originally posted by ERA535
McFez and Cranky: Thanks for 'splaining - 5% seems to fit best.

Are there any dues expected?

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 01-06-2002 at 09:07 AM..
Old 01-06-2002, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Default 535

Oh yeah, there are dues.

The ones you pay the following morning after a McBonfire at the Glen repleat wit forty ouncers, SDW singing his fav songs, McFez drinking the Raki and picking up young boys.

In October, I drank waaay too much Scotch and didn't even get to the track until almost 11 a.m. the next morning. Thank God it was raining.

And don't forget McCranky curled up in the fetal position after one too many TnTs.

Jamo....

I try not to bite, while I used to woik da street corners, my street name was "Gummy Bear"

Bill,

I think we may change the 2002 tour name. Cranky wants it to be a little more PC.

Last edited by John McMahon; 01-06-2002 at 09:05 AM..
Old 01-06-2002, 09:07 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Talking

John,

You come up with the name, I'll print up some more windshield/trailer banners. In the mean time, I've editted my other post.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-06-2002, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Default Reprinted from another post...

ONE AGAIN, THE OFFER STANDS TO ALL THOSE THAT WISH TO COME AND RACE , CRUISE THE COUNTRYSIDE OR JUST WATCH....

You too Evan. (I'm serious)

...we have many folks that over the past 3 or 4 years have hung out with us 'wannabees'. (We've never denied that that is what we are).

All that we ask is that you have a desire to drive your Cobra. Albeit, drive it just to the track (hell, trailer it) and hang out and enjoy everyone's company.

That offer has always been there for all....from Evan Harris to Cal Metal, from East Coast to West Coast.

Come, enjoy the experience. Waxers as well as 'Wannabee' racers to real racers...all are welcome.

Originally, Cranky and I were trying to steal one date a year from Lauren Fix to put on a Cobra event at Watkins Glen, but we could not get enough interest.

Originally, we had planned a 2 day driving school, coupled with a car show, possible manufacturers midway and a nightime BBQ with a band.

Well...it was too much work and we figured we'd rather relax and hang out....it was going to cut into our driving time. Eventually, as Cranky states, we put a name to it this year.

So...I'll say it again...all are invited to any Club Cranky 2002 dates regardless of whether you track the car or not. We had folks like Mr Bruce who brought no car, just some of da best ribs we ever tasted. You see, good BBQ is just as important as a great Cobra.

So are lasting friendships.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Car builder/restorer FFR
Not Ranked     

I guess I would fall into the .5%-3% depending on which car I'm driving on any given weekend.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Add me to your 10%

7% even though I only made two races last year and was never a threat but I plan on races here in Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas and St Louis in 2001. I seem to do best at the Drags but I prefer the road course, and I have hit a cone and powered into a 360 in turn 7 at the run and gun in St. Louis. scared the sh_t out of me but I kept going and my straight away speed was about 140 mph. I just need a little more seat time. Probably won't get to that 1% but I will have some fun.

I just like going fast what can I say.

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 01-09-2002 at 09:08 AM..
Old 04-11-2002, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

TTT
Old 04-11-2002, 07:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I voluntarily resigned from the list.

"Rangers lead the way".
Old 04-11-2002, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Goodbye Evan

Don
Old 04-12-2002, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I guess I fit into the 5% group. See everyone at VIR.

Terry
Old 04-13-2002, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry, bring spare plugs, and double jointed elbows and wrists please.

McFEZ
Old 04-19-2002, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mc FEZ

Already have them packed with a truck full of spare parts.

I hope you have a spare clutch or two!!

Terry
Old 04-19-2002, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mc FEZ,

This will be the true test! If yer clutch survives this trip (definitely bring a spare) then the Fez curse is broken.

If you blow it again.....STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! Bad Karma dude.

Leave the Raki at home!

Peter's not coming so I won't be stoned on JW Blue.

Betcha I can still channel a few spirits though!

LESS THAN ONE MONTH TO GO BOYS UNTIL THE START OF THE CLUB CRANKY TOUR 2002.

I think we should name this tour......

"The Gang that Couldn't Drive Straight 2002".

SDW
Old 04-19-2002, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Already having sleepless nights planning how to load all the spares into the 48ft semi (JM, I said semi-hehehe). Definately will "can" the raki, and have stocked up on the Pepto-Bismol and asprin. A quick test run planned for this Thursday, and then lookout all you toothless mountain wimmins, Terry is on the way.

McF